Totally Overwhelmed!

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by LikeSeriously, Feb 12, 2013.

1. LikeSeriously

LikeSeriously Mouseketeer

I a, so excited to be planning our trip for the first time. I have a 7 year old and we all went to Disney 4 years ago. However, my ILs planned that trip and we stayed off-site. So this is my first time taking care of the arrangements. I want to go big but still have a budget. We will likely not be able to make this trip every year. So while she is still little, I want to make the most of it.

I'm not exactly sure where to start though. I have some definite plans and some things I'm flexible on. I know we are going the week of October 6th, but arrival and departure dates can vary through both weekends. I know we want to stay at the Art of Animation, and I know we want park passes and a dining plan.

I think I would like to book on my own, no travel agents. With all that said, where do I start? I have signed up with DisneyVacations.com but don't know if that's the best way to book or not.

Also, if I book now and end up with a pin/code for rooms or dining, will I be able to use them still? Even if I am paid in full?

Thanks so very much for any information.

2. RubenCamacho

RubenCamacho Earning My Ears

relaaaaax. planning your own vacation is easy and I love being able to pay attention to every detail in this process.

I like to plan my trips when the flights are cheapest. If you have that freedom, book the flights at the same time you are ready to put a down payment to book your vacation on disneys site. That's the biggest issue right there. Fly out as early as possible , while check in is usually in the afternoon you can just hop on a bus into a park while they ready your room.

Once your flight is booked enter your flight info and get magical express, they take care of your luggage. Any extras a quick call to a Disney agent will help you with ANYthing and I mean anything. Want a special room? Want a food plan? Want gifts waiting for you when you get there? they set you up.

you really don't need a travel agent. what I do recommend is , once everything is booked look up different tricks to help you during the week like getting your own water, taking some snacks with you , the travel kits needed, aspirin, etc...

once you are there just let go...

3. Metro West

Metro West <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=blue> Moderator

Welcome!

4. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

My answers are in red. :teeth:

:welcome: If you have other questions, don't hesitate to ask.