Totally Confused - Category 4E - Fantasy - May 2014

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by BWVPam, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BWVPam

BWVPam Loves being at WDW!

I hope someone can help me. I am really confused about booking a category 4E (Deluxe Family Verandah Stateroom) . Want a larger cabin because there are four of us (me, hubby, son-23 and daughter - 19) Have been told by travel agents that all of these rooms are the same size, but see on here that these rooms can be smaller because the verandah is larger. Help

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

AFAIK a 4E is a recategorized Cat 5 because of the larger verandah. If you want a larger room go for 4A-D.

4. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

My understanding is that the 4E's were reclassified cat 5's because of the oversized verandah. They are the size room wise of a cat 5 room and sleep 3 or 4. The inside space is not increased just the verandah space. The 4D's and up are larger inside space.

5. Lisa Lisa

Lisa Lisa DIS Veteran

The 4E rooms on the Dream and Fantasy are all on deck 5, some foward and some aft. All are the same size as category 5/6 rooms with extended verandahs. These rooms actually used to be category 5, but DCL reclassified them as cat 4s because of the desirability of the extended verandahs. I have stayed in one of these rooms and really enjoyed it, but we are a family of 3 and didn't need the extra inside space. I understand DCL's rationale behind reclassifying these rooms, but the "4" in front confuses a lot of people.

ETA: Not all of the 4Es have the upper pull-down berth. Ours (5162) didn't.

6. kuhltiffany

kuhltiffany DIS Veteran

We've had a 4E and a 4C. The 4C is bigger inside, might have a Murphy bed and has a round tub with rainfall shower. The 4E has a larger veranda, rectangular tub. We found the 4C much more comfortable with 4 of us, especially on a 7 day cruise...

7. Timon

Timon DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You need to get a new TA :rolleyes: :rolleyes1 :p ;)

8. Silver Queen

Silver Queen DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 4e on our Jan. 12 Fantasy cruise. We had booked a category 6 VGT and were pleased with our stateroom, however,the inside of the stateroom is standard size. The extra room comes with the larger verandah. Bottom line, we liked the room but would never pay extra for it. Other than the larger verandah you're just getting a regular stateroom.

9. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

You can't book a Cat 6 VGT. Either you had a VGT, which is a highly restricted non-refundable reduced rate that guarantees you a Cat 7 or higher, or you had a Cat 6 GTY, which is the same as a normal rate without restrictions prior to PIF date.