TOT and Soarin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

brighteyes

DIS Veteran
Do they have TOT and Soarin at Universal? My friend is going tonight, and I have only been to Disney, so have no rides to suggest to her? Wondering if these rides are there??

If not, which rides are not to be missed??

Thanks

Stephanie

Thanks. Oh, well, too bad for her. I guess she shoulda gone to Disney :lmao:

I'm sure she will have a great time at US. :goodvibes

Thanks for the reply.

Stephanie

Do they have TOT and Soarin at Universal? My friend is going tonight, and I have only been to Disney, so have no rides to suggest to her? Wondering if these rides are there??

Thanks

Stephanie

Because Universal Studios is not a Disney Park, they do not have Disney rides.

But tonight will be amazing. HHN is a must-see for me, and I haven't missed a year since 2004.

Thanks

Stephanie

Umm. Universal decided to put all their great rides withing walking distance from another, unlike other places that you have to drive, wait, ride, wait.

Just thought I would clear that one up.

If we're talking similar rides, no, there aren't any rides similar to those. The Simpsons ride has a screen like Soarin' does but it's a more bumpy simulator ride. There is a freefall tower called Dr. Doom's Fearfall but it's nothing like Tower of Terror.

Why are you scratching your head? :confused3 Just because you may think it is a stupid question, is not a reason to post a rude comment.

I have never been to Universal, and have been to Disney once. Here, our themeparks have similar rides, or some are the same as other themeparks.

Sorry for my stupid question. Maybe I will just stick to the regular Disboards where people can post any question they like and have it answered without rudeness.

If I have misinterpreted these comments, I APOLOGIZE, but I do not think I have.

Stephanie

Umm. Universal decided to put all their great rides withing walking distance from another, unlike other places that you have to drive, wait, ride, wait.

Just thought I would clear that one up.

Thank You for your response. I am sure she will be glad they are all in close proximity.

Stephanie

If we're talking similar rides, no, there aren't any rides similar to those. The Simpsons ride has a screen like Soarin' does but it's a more bumpy simulator ride. There is a freefall tower called Dr. Doom's Fearfall but it's nothing like Tower of Terror.

Great, I will let her know. Thanks for answering without being rude. :goodvibes

Stephanie

Why are you scratching your head? :confused3 Just because you may think it is a stupid question, is not a reason to post a rude comment.
Not sure why you think that my statement is rude. You asked if two specific Disney rides were at Universal and that is an odd question because it's not a Disney park so why it would have the exact same rides? Perhaps you meant similar rides, but look at your wording (and maybe lighten up?).

Uhhh, Dr. Doom is kinda sorta like ToT, in that you drop.... Not nearly as cool as ToT, not even close. No atmosphere and no Twilight Zone coolness.

As far as rides not be missed at Universal: Hulk, Dueling Dragons, the Mummy, Simpsons, Spiderman, and Men in Black

Not sure why you think that my statement is rude. You asked if two specific Disney rides were at Universal and that is an odd question because it's not a Disney park so why it would have the exact same rides? Perhaps you meant similar rides, but look at your wording (and maybe lighten up?).

I know what I meant and what I asked, and if I KNEW that Universal was not a Disney Park, or that it would not have the same rides, then why would I post my question. So, Yes, I do take offence to your post.

No, I did mean the same rides. I still think you are being rude. Perhaps YOU think it was a stupid question, but I did not know the answer.

I have not really had any knowledge of DisneyWorld until my visit last year, and did not know anything about DisneyLand, and just learned about Universal Studios this past year. And that is just hearing the name. So why or how would I know who owns it or built it???

Stephanie

Even if it was a stupid question, thank you to all who posted. I will forward suggestions of rides to her, as she is leaving soon for the airport. :banana: :dance3:

Stephanie

You're free to take it as being rude, but that's not how I meant it. I live here in Orlando (which you wouldn't necessarily know, just like I don't know that you have no idea who owns Universal), so for someone who visits both Disney and Universal frequently your post is the equivalent of someone asking, "Do they have Whoppers at McDonald's?" I know you didn't realize that, but to a local it's a head scratcher.

But even if you're offended by my response, I still hope your friend has fun. Hulk, Spiderman, Simpsons, Terminator 3-D and the Mummy rival anything that Disney has to offer (and I say that has a person whose favorite WDW rides are Soarin' #1 and Tot #2).

Maybe I will just stick to the regular Disboards where people can post any question they like and have it answered without rudeness.

Stephanie

Which forum would that be, the one that calls USF patrons thugs, the one that knocks the USF rides, the one that knocks the USF theming or the one that just knocks anything non-Disney in general?

This page gives some comparison to Disney and lists the rides: http://www.universalorlando.com/disney_comparision.html

Since your friend's flight has already left, I am sure she is on her way to a great trip. I would guess that she already knew a little bit about the park before she made vacation and flight plans to go there.

I too misunderstood your question and thought maybe you had confused Universal Studios with Disney's Hollywood Studio or Epcot. That is a common mistake.

Since this thread seems to be taking a bad turn, I am closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter