Toss up between Kona Cafe and Raglan Road

jeanico2000

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if a few of my fellow Disney lovers would share their opinions of the following 2 restaurants, which would both be a new dining experience for me and my adult DD: between Kona Café and Raglan Road at DTD, which would you choose for dinner and why?
Many thanks for your feedback!
Nicole

I find the atmosphere and menu MUCH better at Raglan Road. Food is delish. A bonus is the irish step dancers in the evening. So amazing to watch!! :thumbsup2

Definitely Raglan Road for 2 adults.
It is a beautiful restaurant that was built in Ireland, disassembled, shipped to Orlando and then reassembled. It has an extensive menu, one of the largest at WDW and the food is delicious. The servers are warm and friendly, and the entertainment is wonderful. The live band is great and the Step Dancers are amazing. Ask for a table in the main room. Also it can be pretty loud.
Kona is good, but it is nothing really special.
Enjoy

There are only two restaurants that I don't mind going back to with regularity at WDW, and one is Raglan Road.

Kona is good, and I'll go back someday, but I'm not in a huge rush!

Out of the two for dinner...tough call for me but I would say Raglan Road.

Either way, you won't go wrong though. :P

I went to Raglan Road with my adult DD & 17 yr old DS. We all loved it. We're planning a repeat visit in 2013.

I'd vote for Kona.

When I did Raglan Road I wasn't impressed. Maybe because I'm not Irish?

Kona has great food. (no, I'm not Hawaiian either).

Definitely Raglan- and nobody has mentioned the Ice cold Harp on tap :cool1:. Just love the atmosphere, food, drink and also the decor. In the ailseway down to the bathroom, there's a U2 wall with pics from their early days :thumbsup2 Even if you can't make it for dinner, try and make it over for a nightcap one night. They have a bar rail behind where everyone eats that you can pull a tall chair up and watch the band and Irish dancer whilst enjoying a cordial or two. pirate:pirate:

HARPHARPHARPHARPHARPHARP !!!!!!!!!!

another vote for Raglan Road...if you don't care for Irish pub food, ask the server what to get, there are a few plainer items on the menu (more 'merican tasting anyway.) We love the pub food, though. The real draw at Raglan Road for adults is the adult beverage choices...lots of beer if that's your favorite, but also wonderful cocktails & wine choices. And the entertainment is great fun...both the band and the dancers.

Kona has been a favorite of ours for years...however, have read that they have changed the menu quite a bit, not in a good way, so will have to see if it's still a favorite after next time we eat there:confused3

Thanks for all the really helpful feedback! I have now booked our ADR for Raglan Road, as this appears to be the most popular choice. Sounds like we are in for a wonderful evening! :goodvibes

You guys are awesome! :grouphug:

I like both! For me, it would depend on what my plans were that day. If one is more convvenient, then I would pick that one.

My 2 fav's, hard decision :love:. Agree it depends on plan for the day and type of atmosphere you want. Love doing Kona and then down to beach to watch fireworks at MK, but we had a great time at RR also with the music and dancing - even went back a 2nd time that trip. Enjoyed the food at both and both menus have changed since we were there, but still look wonderful.

We were in WDW last week, and I had made 2 ADRs at Kona. One on Sun PM and another for lunch on Fri (in case of tired/cranky kids). Long story short, I ended up canceling both KC ADRs and there were no other time slots that would work for us. I knew we'd be in DTD late Fri, and found an ADR spot at Raglan Road. I would say it was our very best meal of the week (granted, 3 of our 7 meals were AYCE character meals, which are never the *best* food in the world...). I had the special, which was scallops au gratin (3 large sea scallops, with mashed potatoes, covered with a Dublin cheese cream sauce, topped with watercress), while DH had the steak, and DD had the kids burger. DH said his steak wasn't the best cut of meat he's ever had, but was quite happy with it, saying the glaze was delicious. DD's burger looked to be on a homemade bun, and it was a nice patty (one of the better kids meals she had all week). The bread pudding for dessert was crazy good. I'd love to have some of it right now! It was such a large serving, and so very good, that we got a box to go and ate the rest the next AM for breakfast. As PP mentioned, the atmosphere was great, and the dancers were fun. I would find it hard to imagine KC would have better atmosphere. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did! On our next trip, it's definitely a 'must-do'.

Hi there, we just went to both for the first time last September. Kona was planned, and we thought we would love it as it is one of our favorite breakfasts, but we did not! The food was flavorless for the most part, and just lacked something. I had read great reviews, but honestly, we have a party of 6, and nothing was memorable. We were highly disappointed!

Later in the trip we made an unscheduled trip to Raglan and I swore I would never eat there! I was pleasantly surprised! the food was yummy, and portions were large! The service was great and even the kids loved it! We went for lunch when it is more quiet, but I could see it being fun at night when more full!

Hope that was helpful, please inbox with any specific questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!