Toronto to Myrtle Beach

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
Now that my last minute December Disney trip is booked, I should probably give a little more though to our trip to Myrtle beach that we are leaving for in 13 days :lmao:
We are driving, leaving Friday night sometime between 9 and 11 pm (depending on if the Jays have a home game that night as my inlaws have tickets for all the home playoff games). Travelling with 4 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6) in one minivan, and ideally driving right through the nights, and leaving time to make lots of stops during the day. Check in at time share is 4 pm Saturday, so we can take our time if we do well overnight.
Any tips or ideas for fun places to stop for an hour or so on the way down? We are taking the I79 through Pittsburgh route. Have been grabbing some great travel tips for all the threads here on driving with kids to WDW! This is the longest road trip they will have been on, but luckily they are really good car sleepers (we joke they have car-clepsy) so the night departure seemed like the best idea.
Thanks in advance!:wave:

I've done that drive at least a dozen times(with kids that age and younger/older) and I don't think there is anything exciting along the way. I think you would have to go off the route a little or a lot to find something worthwhile. Sorry I don't have any real info to offer.

I would suggest that you drive as much as possible, without stopping, while your kids are asleep. We always found that to be the best way to get through a road trip when the kids were little even though mine never complained or got restless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter