Toronto Families with Children

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
I need some ideas for the summer for children. I work in a daycare and we are planning summer. Things that are fun for kids (not Wondeland, Ontario Place), keeping in mind there will be 16 children. Any ideas would be great!!! Where is your child's favourite place to go?
Laura

Hi ~ There are a ton of great things to do ~ I am assuming the 16 kids are preschoolers? I live in Mississauga, so my ideas are short drives from Mississauga. Here is my list:

Andrews Scenic Acres in Milton: They used to be free, but I think they might charge a tiny amount. You can go berry picking. We eat as we pick (hence the $1.00 admission). They have hay rides, a playground, store, real bee hives ~ it's fun and cheap!

There are lots of farms like the above around. Springdale is free (Milton).

Any splash pad anywhere is perfect for kids. I think you would need several volunteers to watch the kids.

Hilton Falls is an awesome day trip. It's an easy kid walk, about 30 minutes and you can see the falls!

Crawford Lake has long houses and an amazing lake to walk around.

Mountsberg has fabulous birds and other animals.

Bronte has the best zero entry pool around. I go July or August, the water is too cool in June. There is also a petty farm, play ground, a barn to play in, a historic house to tour. Lots of picnic areas too. We love it there.

Black Creek Pioneer Village is fun ~ even for kids! My kids love running down the streets and seeing the old buildings. They have a couple horses and turkeys too. (I love the gift shop!)

Chuck E. Cheese is great! There is no admission! The pizza is good too!

Woody Woodchucks is like Chuck E. Cheese.

Kidsport is okay ~ but they charge a fee, like $8.00 a kid, the food is terrible.

Fantasy Fair is awesome! I think it's about $11.00 per kid but they get 9 amusement park sided rides and they can go on them over and over again! We go some Tuesday mornings and ride everything at least twice, the train 3 or 4 times. It costs ds and me $20.00 for the day.

If I think of more, I'll let you know!

HI there,

The Toronto zoo now has a splash area for the children.

I can recommend two great web sites for you to refer to:

www.toronto.com

as well as :

helpwevegotkids.com

Hope these links help you..have a Gr8 summer with the kids :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter