Torn in Cozumel

2*geminis

Earning My Ears
We're (me, DH, DD(7), & DD(4) ) going on our first cruise this November. I have made reservations for the Fury Catamaran, snorkel, & beach party. This has a great rating in Passporters and my DH & I thought it would be fun with DSIL & 3 nephews (16, 13, & 10). Here is the dilema. The excursion begins at 12:45pm and is 4.5 to 5 hours long. We'd be leaving our DDs onboard with DMIL. It appears that this is pirate night. We have main seating. So..... those of us in port would not make it back for dinner. Uggghhhh. Those who have done Fury Catamaran is it worth missing pirate dinner for it? Any insight is appreciated.

We're (me, DH, DD(7), & DD(4) ) going on our first cruise this November. I have made reservations for the Fury Catamaran, snorkel, & beach party. This has a great rating in Passporters and my DH & I thought it would be fun with DSIL & 3 nephews (16, 13, & 10). Here is the dilema. The excursion begins at 12:45pm and is 4.5 to 5 hours long. We'd be leaving our DDs onboard with DMIL. It appears that this is pirate night. We have main seating. So..... those of us in port would not make it back for dinner. Uggghhhh. Those who have done Fury Catamaran is it worth missing pirate dinner for it? Any insight is appreciated.

I am having the same problem. I wish it was a little earlier. I would like to know if it's worth it too.

I didn't care much for the pirate dinner - I wouldn't hesitate to miss it. You'll be back in time for the party.

Also ask your servers about how late you can be for dinner -- from our experience, if you know you're going to be late because of an excursion, if you let them know the night before, they'll know to expect you late for your regular seating and still be able to accomodate you (within reason). They should be able to give you a feel for how late you can arrive and still be able to enjoy dinner.

You may not have time to get totally fixed up for dinner, but hey, pirates are usually not all shower-fresh anyway (hee hee). I'd say as long as you prepare for a quick clean-up and change before you leave (lay your clothes out, have things ready to get a quick shower, etc.), then that will also help your time.

I'm prejudice though, because it was my birthday the day we were in Cozumel! The catamaran was a blast, we had a terrific crew who were fun, played music, danced with us, and were the best bartenders in town. Again I'm prejudiced on this one, they didn't have to mix anything. The beer and margaritas were from bottles. They had sodas for the kids as well. It was just a really fun excursion, and I promise, that isn't the margaritas talking, Best Friend, her DD and my DS loved it also! We did an excursion at each port and this was our favorite! This was my first experience snorkeling, so it was educational to say the least. I knew we were in salt water but I was really surprised to taste it when I had to put my face in the water with the tube. Which was really akward at 1st, but there was a huge school of fish below us that was incredible to watch. I just had to relax and not hold my breath which was like some sort of automatic reflex or something for me.

I'm surprised your pirate party is the nite of one of your ports. I wasn't aware that could happen, on both of our previous cruises (4 day & 7 day western) the pirate party was "at sea" night. All that I remember from that dinner is the atmosphere seemed "lighter" and everyone received their pirate bandana. The party on deck is what you don't want to miss...

And actually I remember being late back to dinner in Cozumel as well. Although not really late. We warned the wait staff the night before and because it was my birthday and we knew I would get a song and a cake, my Best Friend & her DD & my DS insisted we had to go back for dinner. We did, we still got to eat, and they didn't rush us, and I got my cake, my song, and a button that everyone commented about the rest of the night.
In fact, for some reason we got to stay in Cozumel for longer than expected, so the ship wasn't going to leave port until around 1am, we had I think until 12 to get back on board. Best Friend and I left the ship again, kids wanted to stay on board, and we went to Hard Rock & had a free drink from coupon from previous port. We looked around a little, but were still back on board by 10pm I think. (I know, real party animals...)

We all still refer to this excursion as the "furry" Catamaran because we kept saying it wrong before the trip when we were saying it fast... and then after a few margaritas I slipped & said it wrong again. We laughed so hard! Disappointed because different company (besides Fury) is "hosting" on the Eastern Cruise but we are doing another one because we had so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter