Top Snack Never Eaten

I always want one of those giant apples covered in caramel, chocolate and nuts. I always think I need a sharp knife to cut it up and I never have one.

Where are these? I have wanted one, too!

Our fave. snack is a Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel from Germany/EPCOT caramel shop. Starring Rolls Red Velvet Cupcake is another fave. And my oldest adores the sundaes at the ice cream place on Main Street.

Never tried: This trip the gelato place in Italy and the sorbet place in France are on our list. We can't wait!

I've never had a turkey leg. I need a table, plate, knife, fork, stuffing, and gravy for my turkey. We love Tonga Toast!

carrot cake cookie at writers stop....one day! Honestly, as much as I love food and consider myself a big eater, I don't snack much and every time I go to WDW I tell my husband "this time, I'm definitely getting...." and I never do! I always want to get something at the bakery in France but I'm usually too full or too hot to do it!

Oh my gosh nearly all of them! When I go, I tend to go with people who are not willing to trek halfway across HS to Starring Rolls "just" for a cupcake. But that is going to change in July! Going for my HM and I am going to ENSURE I try out my top to-do cupcakes (butterfinger; red velvet cheesecake), a waffle sandwich; a treat from Kusafiri (although I've heard they are not as epic as they used to be...) and items from the bakery at Les Halles in Epcot France!

Me, too. I've never had a Dole Whip. I don't get the point of eating flavorless vanilla, and this stuff isn't ice cream, or even dairy.

Turkey Legs. I don't like dark meat of chickens or turkeys. So a large, dark meat turkey leg is unappealing. Plus, the idea of eating it while walking around, like Fred Flintstone might do, is, well, I don't want to go there...

You should really try a dole whip. They are amazing. I have never had the turkey leg either. It doesn't even sound appealing to me!!

in the last 20 plus years...I have never had a dole whip...Maybe next visit is a must do....

in the last twenty years of visiting the house of the mouse...never had a dole whip..maybe next visit I will try one...thanks for the great ideas

I have never had a turkey leg, the fabled Disney popcorn nor a fancy caramel apple (we always say we are going to get one and then forget).

We just tried several snacks for the first time.

Everyone in our party loved the dole whip floats. The pineapple soft serve is sweet, while the juice is more tart, which makes for a good balance. Very refreshing, especially on a hot day.

We also all liked the BOG cupcakes. DD preferred the masters cupcake, DH the lemon, and I really liked the strawberry. They're extraordinarily light and fluffy. Just use a spoon or fork to scoop them out of the wrapper, bc they're hard to unwrap. (Also, the grey stuff tastes like cookies and cream. It was ok.)

DD loved the waffles at Sleepy Hollow. She's very petite and usually eats like a bird, but she finished 3/4 of one by herself on 2 separate occasions!

The macarons collection at Les Halles was quite good. It cost $10.33 for I think 6 macarons (chocolate, vanilla, lemon, raspberry(?), blackberry(?), and idk what green was). That might seem steep for 6 little cookies, but my local bakery charges $2.50 each for macarons the same size.

We usually get a strawberry tart from Les Halles but were just too full this time. They're so yummy though (and a decent price: $4.75 I think, and the grocery store charges about $5.50 for a tart that's slightly smaller).

DH, DD, DS, and I all liked the KakiGori. I had melon, DH had tangerine, and DD had rainbow (we shared with DS). The shaved ice wasn't as fine as in Hawaii, but not as chunky as a sno-cone. Also very refreshing on a hot day, and it was nice to sit and relax in the seating area behind the Japanese pagoda (there were very few people there).

The green tea cheesecake wasn't as good as I'd hoped. It was okay, but I'd rather get something else (and the piece was very small).

We always like the caramel and peanut apples from both the Main Street Confectionary and Karamell Kuche. They use large, crisp Granny Smith apples. Just ask for them to slice the apple.

The cronut (croissant donut) from the Refreshment Port by Canada was good. I'm not usually crazy about donuts, but I like cinnamon and sugar old fashioneds (I also love churros), and this was similar. The inside was flaky (not as much as a regular croissant), and the outer edge was a little chewy.

We didn't make it to the Boardwalk, but I'd like to try some things at the Boardwalk Bakery sometime. (Also never tried a Mickey bar, but I'm in no hurry - looks like a regular ice cream bar to me.)

Also, someone mentioned the Tonga toast. I don't consider that a snack, but we tried it this trip and it was good. It wasn't amazing, but I'd have it again (and DH wants to try to make it).

EDIT: We also tried school bread for the first time. I'd read a couple reviews saying it was a lot of dry bread with very little cream inside, so I went into it not expecting much. Luckily, that wasn't our experience at all. The whole thing was covered in a glaze with shaved coconut, and there was a lot of cream inside (prob 1:1 with the bread). I'm not a big shaved coconut fan, and I don't usually care for glaze, but I liked the school bread (DH and DS loved it).

Last edited:
I have always wanted to try the apple - finally last week I did...and while it was good - but not nearly as good as they look! (They will cut them for you in 4,6, or 8 pcs though)

Dole Whip, just don't get the point I guess when I can have a cookie ice cream sandwich or sundae from the plaza for a snack...lol

Add me to the never had a Dole Whip list! Just not interested, don't like pineapple flavor. Turkey legs gross me out. Haven't had cupcakes either. I have had plenty of Mickey bars though. Love the caramel apples from Germany, and have had many treats from the bakeries in France and Norway, plus the glaces in France!

Someone mentioned waffles in Sleepy Hollow - discovered those a few trips ago, love the fruit and nutella one, but it is more of a meal than a snack!

I always want one of those giant apples covered in caramel, chocolate and nuts. I always think I need a sharp knife to cut it up and I never have one. Another thing is the hot fudge sundae at Ghirardelli. Seems we've just eaten or on our way to eat so I never get that either.
If you ask most places will put the caramel apple through an apple slicer for you and you get 10 or so nice slices...no excuses now so you must try one they are delicious!!!!

Turkey leg. Kind of not my thing honestly but I think DH is eying them for our next trip. I finally had a dole whip float and wish I'd just gotten the dole whip because neither DS or I liked the juice. I do want to try the orange swirl one though in WDW which sounds up my alley. And looking forward to the nutella waffle too!

I'm with you on the waffle sandwich!! One of these days!!

On my 'to do' are popcorn, Mickey bar (I think I've had one before but I must have been pretty young, and I always remember getting the strawberry Minnie bars because I loved Minnie lol), school bread, tonga toast, and cupcakes at Starring Rolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter