Top Snack-Credit Worthy Items

goNsoon2WDW

DIS Veteran
There seem to be an overwhelming number of lists of all of the options of where you can use snack credits. Many people, including myself, believe that a snack must be snack credit worthy and these lists tend to include a number of items like "white or chocolate milk = $2.39" or "bottled water = $2.50." We would all want to stay hydrated, but I wouldn't use a snack credit for a bottle of water. Also, let's put aside the use of snack credits during the F&WF, which seem to be the absolute best value for a snack credit. We are looking for items would really provide the best value or can't miss items that would be considered snack-credit worthy.

What are your top items that you consider to be snack-credit worthy?

Some of our favorites are...

-Jalapeño cheese stuffed pretzel
-Literally anything from karamel kuche, but I am partial to the cupcake with caramel sauce drizzled on top :lovestruc
-kaki gori (Japanese shaved ice; this is a must do for us)
-any pastry at Les halles AND the lobster bisque (I have to have this soup every trip; one of my favorite things to eat in WDW)
-carrot cake cookie from writer's stop (enormous cookie)

I have heard that the cookie ice cream sandwiches found at a couple of locations in MK (I think sleepy hollow is one of them) are enormous and delicious, making them a great "bang for your buck" snack, but I have never personally had one. Hope this helps!

I completely agree about the karamel kuche. We've never tried the cupcake with caramel sauce so that might be on our list for this upcoming trip. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know what went wrong this past July, but when I selected my first Les Halle's pastry ever (I went with the raspberry macaroon) and tried to use a snack credit, the CM told me I couldn't--it was more than the snack $$ limit. I was disappointed, but not in the pastry!!

I agree completely with the carrot cake cookie. That was also a first for me this trip, and it was almost as filling as a meal all by itself. Delicious!

I would add the school bread at Kringla, a waffle from Sleepy Hollow, and any of the hard ice cream selections at Dino Bites Snacks or Hollywood Scoops. The cinnamon rolls at Gaston's looked really good--huge, rich wheels--but I was too full to try one at the time, and others have said they're not as good now that they've moved off Main St.

I love the filled waffles from Sleepy Hollow (spicy chicken!!) but they are just past the snack credit "threshold," I believe. Unless that has changed. But you can always get a plain one with powdered sugar, YUM.

That is so sad about the macaroon! I guess they are getting more selective about which pastries they include, which stinks. We usually get creme brulee, an eclair, or the jambon fromage (ham and cheese sauce croissant) :lovestruc

OP, that Karamel Kuche cupcake...I have dreams about it...lol, it's so good!!

Used to be the mac and cheese at the Germany qs pavilion, but they took it away. Still worth oop

Good tips here! - Thank god it's nearly lunch time!

On the DDP for the first time in May and been thinking about what to use the credits on already!

Some of our favorites are...

-Jalapeño cheese stuffed pretzel
-Literally anything from karamel kuche, but I am partial to the cupcake with caramel sauce drizzled on top :lovestruc
-kaki gori (Japanese shaved ice; this is a must do for us)
-any pastry at Les halles AND the lobster bisque (I have to have this soup every trip; one of my favorite things to eat in WDW)
-carrot cake cookie from writer's stop (enormous cookie)

I have heard that the cookie ice cream sandwiches found at a couple of locations in MK (I think sleepy hollow is one of them) are enormous and delicious, making them a great "bang for your buck" snack, but I have never personally had one. Hope this helps!

I saw the lobster bisque on the snack list and wondered if it was a decent size. Is it similar to a cup of soup at a restaurant in size? It sounds delish!

I saw the lobster bisque on the snack list and wondered if it was a decent size. Is it similar to a cup of soup at a restaurant in size? It sounds delish!

Yep! They serve it in a small bowl. It's still a pretty good amount of soup, though. And it's thick and so tasty. We ordered it on a whim the first time and I have been obsessed with it ever since!

I'm following this thread! We are going back to WDW in January and we didn't make great use of our snack credits last time. So I'm trying to improve our game plan this time.

I saw that the baklava and a couple of other things at Spice Road table are snack credits? According to the allears menu anyway. I wonder if you can just walk in and order that without an ADR?

upload_2015-10-11_11-58-11.png

This huge ice cream sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor was a fantastic use of a snack credit!

I saw that the baklava and a couple of other things at Spice Road table are snack credits? According to the allears menu anyway. I wonder if you can just walk in and order that without an ADR?
It is unusual for a table service restaurant to accept snack credits! Would be interesting to confirm that one.

I love the filled waffles from Sleepy Hollow (spicy chicken!!) but they are just past the snack credit "threshold," I believe. Unless that has changed. But you can always get a plain one with powdered sugar, YUM.
There are reports that a filled waffle counts as a quck service entree (although its not the best use of a credit). The other odd one like that is Starbucks breakfast sandwiches, they are a quick service entree but only a few $ more than a snack option.

The France bakery looks like it has some good options. The bacon cheese roll and croissant with cheese and ham look delicious. Anyone try them? How about the egg rolls at joy of tea?

There are reports that a filled waffle counts as a quck service entree (although its not the best use of a credit). The other odd one like that is Starbucks breakfast sandwiches, they are a quick service entree but only a few $ more than a snack option.

One of the best uses for us is the Gynormous beverages at Starbucks. They added an extra shot of esspresso fo me at no charge! You would have thought I looked sleepy, with one whiley adult and two exhausted Princesses in tow! LOL!

Oasis Canteen in DHS. Funnel cake with ice cream and strawberry topping. $8.19 but a snack credit!!!! So yummy- tried this in August:-)
I didn't take a picture, but here is a picture from Josh's report (scroll down near bottom)

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorize...review-strategy-and-fastpass-recommendations/

I love funnel cakes! I want one of these!

Mint choc chip ice cream cookie sandwich at the Main Street ice cream parlour, delish and massive! We share these, at least one every trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter