Top Signature Restraunts?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by choirchic, May 30, 2009.

1. choirchic

choirchic DIS Veteran

If you had 2TS credits to trade, and wanted to try a Signature Dining Experience, which would it be and why?
    (Just getting Ideas for our Free Dining Trip in September so I can plan our ADR's) :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. maddiesmom0116

maddiesmom0116 DIS Veteran

Narcoossee is awesome- Do the surf and turf!

4. DisneyGal93

DisneyGal93 Earning My Ears

Definantly California Grill, the view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks alone is worth it, not to mention the food is to die for.

The Brown Derby is a close second, but the atmosphere just isn't the same :)

5. thepwa

thepwa Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Right on!

6. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Tough choice. I'd list our favorites (in order) as:
    Yachtsman Steakhouse
    Narcoossee's
    Artist Point
    Citrico's
    Jiko
    Flying Fish
    California Grill (rated solely on the food, not the view).

7. TomD

TomD Mouseketeer

We had the same problem and chose Yachtsman Steakhouse for our trip in August :)

8. Cookie Princess

Cookie Princess DIS Veteran

Our votes:

1. CA Grill:banana:
    2. Jiko

9. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Like most things, it depends on what matters most to you. We've tried California Grill, Artist Point, Yachtsman, and Narcoosees so far. On food alone I'd pick Artist Point as my favorite, but if I could only schedule one signature meal, I'd choose California Grill or Narcoosees for the combination of great food and uniquely Disney atmosphere/view.

10. VegasMike21

VegasMike21 <font color=blue>I couldn't stop laughing when the

Cali Grill, Jiko, Yachtsman

11. shellybaxter

shellybaxter Dis Veteran <br>Disney Restaurants for one hundre

Jiko - no question - it is our only "must do" in WDW

12. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

Cali Grill! I have read great things about it and the view looks incredible.

We have been to Jiko (amazing food), Flying Fish (again fantastic food but loud ambiance) and Yachtsman (just eh food) but Cali Grill is the one that I have always wanted to try

13. lilonstitch12008

lilonstitch12008 Mouseketeer

I've been to Disney quite a bit recently. We try to find something new each time we go. I got married there last year and our reception was at the Cali Grill. We had been there once before we got married to try it out and once after just because. We have enjoyed it each time. The view is great, if you go at the right time, and they also allow you to come back to see the Wishes show if you had your dinner/lunch already. It is a nice view, but the food is first foremost. The Goat Cheese Raviolis are to die for!

During our last trip back in January, we went to Citrico's on a whim. We hadn't really thought about going here, but we thought we'd try it. We were actually trying to make ressie's at 1900 Park Fare for dinner, but we weren't able to. So the dining lady made that suggestion. We are so glad that we went there, and we would definately go back (if we could afford it. For the 2 of us it cost about $150 and that was with the Tables of Wonderland discount card and no alcoholic beverages) We were there for our anniversary, so I did get the $50 steak, we also got appetizers and dessert. So this was quite a splurge for us! But needless to say, we enjoyed our meal, the service and the atmosphere. I found it comparable to The Cali Grill, but my husband enjoyed Citrico's much better!

14. Robert P

Robert P GLOBEX - taking over your world one country at a t

Artist Point
    Flying Fish
    California Grill
    Yachtsman Steakhouse

15. choirchic

choirchic DIS Veteran

So many of you have suggested the California Grill, but I hear it's a little crazy during the fireworks, and that can ruin the atmosphere...? Is this true?

I'm leaning toward Jiko because we've never seen the Animal Kingdom Lodge (and highly doubt we'd ever be able to afford to stay there :lmao: )
    I hear it's nice to get there and grab a drink, then go watch the animals as you wait for your reservation. :idea:

Oh so many choices... popcorn::

16. oybolshoi

oybolshoi DIS Veteran

In our opinion and experience that is exactly true. We think the food and service have begun to suffer somewhat from this mania to "dine" at CA Grill for the view. We may be in the minority but we choose restaurants primarily based on the quality and variety of the cuisine. We've never had a bad meal at CA Grill, so I don't want you to think the food is terrible, but I think that there are better places to try with better food and ambience.

Jiko is very good. The bar can get very crowded, though, and to see any animals at that location you would need to go outside the hotel and wander a bit ... I'm not sure how good the view is from Victoria Falls, either ... anyone here know?

We're also quite fond of Flying Fish and Citricos ... Flying Fish serves some of the best seafood on property outside of Bluezoo. And Citricos was just plain incredible when we dined there last October. :goodvibes

17. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

I agree. The view from CG is awesome and Jiko is probably the best signature at WDW IMO.

18. madalex

madalex DIS Veteran

Yes, definitely. If you are looking for a quiet, intimate dining experience, CG is not the place to go.

I've been to virtually all the signature restaurants many times and my favorites are Jiko, Citricos, Flying Fish (also can be kind of loud), Artist Point and Il Mulino.

19. kbmaggs

kbmaggs Mouseketeer

I am a fan of Citricos..... wonderful food, great service, and a bit quieter, more adult atmosphere.:thumbsup2

20. choirchic

choirchic DIS Veteran

This is the first time I'm hearing of Il Mulino...where is it? Is it on the Dining Plan?

Thanks everyone for these suggestions! So many great places to try!
    We can't wait! :banana:

21. oybolshoi

oybolshoi DIS Veteran

Il Mulino is an Italian restaurant at the Dolphin - they don't accept the dining plan so I assume that knocks them off your list.