• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top Layer of Cake Question

vfinder1

Mouseketeer
What has everyone done about their top layer of Cake (The anniversary layer)?? Did you take it on the plane with you, or eat it before you left disney??

If you take it with you how do you package it up??

We ate ours over the course of our honeymoon cuz it was 2 weeks long - no way would the topper have survived that AND a plane ride home and still taste good a year later. (We're going to get a mini version of our top layer when we return to WDW for our anniversary.)

A few months ago there was a great thread here about ways to preserve the topper on the plane ride home - you might do a search and see if you can turn it up! :thumbsup2

We are staying at Disney for 15 days too so it probably wont hold up. We will probably just eat our cake throughout our honeymoon as well. We are staying in a 1bedroom at BCV so we can put it in the refrigerator. We are having a big reception back at home so we can always use that top layer of that cake as our anniversary layer.

I just thought of another question about cake....

If you have more cake left over, more than the aniversary layer can you take that with you too or do you have to leave it for them to throw away :(

thanks

The contract says something about your only being allowed to remove the topper from the reception location, but we (and many other brides) were given a box full of the leftovers from the bottom two layers of the cake when we left the reception.

At first we had Bell Services at BCV keep it in their fridge cuz the one in our studio was too small, but as we ate more we were able to cram it in our fridge. :thumbsup2

This was our top layer by the time we got back to the hotel..
disney085.jpg

Since we live in fl and i had a car i run out and got little rubbermaid deep dish boxes.

We kept two in our freezer...

We only stayed about three days at Disney after our wedding, but kept it refrigerated! Once we got home (in Orlando) we double wrapped it in saran wrap, then foil, then put it in a few freezer safe zip lock bags. After a year it was still the best cake we ever ate!!

Granted, they got the flavor wrong but it was sooooo yummy!!!!

we shared ours with our family the day after the wedding after we'd all been in the parks all day. i'm so glad we did it this way because we would have had to throw it out with the rest of the food in our fridge after stupid hurricane ike.

We were luck and my MIL drove our top layer home and is now in her freezer lol! She bought a cooler down in Fl just for the cake lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter