TOP CHEF Season 10!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Pig Pen, Nov 7, 2012.

1. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I'm really afraid it's going to be Lizzie who goes to the finale :crazy2:. Kristen's dish didn't look all that impressive.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. RunningGirl

RunningGirl DIS Veteran

Just watched LCK. I'm hoping Tom gives the win to Kristen, since she developed it on the fly and put in that pomegranate that he complimented. I don't think Lizzie would have a chance to win the whole thing, but I think Kristen would give Brooke a run for her money.

4. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Me too! :)

5. TwingleMum

TwingleMum DIS Veteran

I'm hoping for a Brooke and Kristen finale with Kristen winning.

6. LexiC123

LexiC123 DIS Veteran

So...everyone ready for the finale?

If Kristen makes it in, I think it's hers to lose, but I wouldn't be disappointed if Brooke or Sheldon won, either.

7. Imzadi

Imzadi Saved by an angel in a trenchcoat

I am ready!!! I spent the last several days FINALLY getting caught up with all the past episodes. :cool1:

8. Imzadi

I think Kirsten should be in the Finals too. She got a bum deal with Josie trying to sabotage her, and then she was so noble and took ultimate responsibility for it all. :sad2:

9. dmiller64152

dmiller64152 Mouseketeer

I like Sheldon a lot but I think Brooke and Kristen are the better chefs and it would sure be nice to see another woman win!

10. Imzadi

Oh, Brooke is getting overwhelmed again. :headache:

But, I'd get scared too, cooking in Tom's own kitchen. :scared1:

11. Imzadi

OUCH! Tom saying to re-plate something. I think I'd be crying right then. :sad:

12. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I was bummed to see Sheldon go home. I loved him and have never warmed up to Brooke. Kristen needs to bring her "A" game to beat her :scared:.

13. jen0610

jen0610 DIS Veteran

I felt really bad for Sheldon. He pulled a Carla. He should have went with what he knows. If he had, I think Kristen would have been out.

My fav has been Kristen all season, but any of those three I would have been ok with winning. They were all the nicest chefs of the season.

If Kristen brings her A game and Brooke gets rattled in the final and doesn't pull it together, then I think Kristen has it in the bag. But if they are both on top of things, it will be a close one.

14. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I was sad to see Sheldon go too but I am happy with the Brooke and Kristen in the finals.

15. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

I know! I was thinking that too after I turned off my PC. He committed the Top Chef Cardinal Sin of cooking someone else's food. He got to the final 3 on his OWN food, not Kristen's or Brooke's. As much as I like Sheldon, I <3 Kristen so I was glad that he messed up.

Yup again!
    I don't know about that. I think that Brooke needs the drama of getting rattled and in the weeds to bring out her best. I think that's what I don't like about her, she seems to always say "I'm worried! I'm in so much trouble! I'm going home!" and then *poof* she has the best dish of the evening like last night. I despise false humility.

16. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

According to Tom's blog, Kristen wasn't in any real danger last night. If Sheldon did better, Brook would have gone home. She was a mess last night.

17. LexiC123

LexiC123 DIS Veteran

I feel bad for Sheldon, but had a feeling that his departure from his signature style of cooking would not bode well. Hoping he wins the $10,000 Fan Favorite prize to take the edge off his disappointment.

Really looking forward to next weeks episode. The Iron Chef-style format is a nice twist, and I love when they bring back previous winners. :-)lovestruc Harold)

I think that Kristen is destined to win this season, but I hope Brooke bounces back and gives her a run for her money.

18. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 DIS Veteran

I also liked Sheldon, but I absolutely think that Kristen is the best chef in the competition by far. Sheldon seemed like a good guy and he did have a unique perspective, food-wise, but I think Kristen is the best of the group and should win barring some Blais-like catastrophe.

BTW, did it seem to anyone else last night that Brooke and Sheldon were caught off-guard by the challenge? Not that Kristen was back, but that the challenge wasn't the final meal, but just another elimination. Sheldon made some mention at Judges' Table about having a dessert planned out for the final challenge, so I got the impression that he came prepared to cook one particular meal and wasn't quite ready to do anything different from that.

19. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I was surprised by that too. I thought Padma & Tom kept saying the winner of the LCK would compete in the finals and don't recall any mention of "semi-finals". But when Sheldon figured out he had to cook one more time, he should have made the tried and true dessert since he was taking a risk with the main course.

20. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

They knew there was a LCK contestant coming back. That's why they said final 2, no final 3. I don't think they expected to cook a 3 course meal as the elimination challenge.

21. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

In one of the first interviews, Brook said she was happy to be part of the final 2, well really it's final 3, but saying final 2 sounds really good. I took that to mean at that moment, while they were still in Alaska, she was just talking about her & Sheldon since they were still in the house even though there was the LCK winner they will be competing with in the finale. Obviously, I missed something because I thought last night was the finale so I interpreted that comment differently.