TOP CHEF Season 10!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Pig Pen, Nov 7, 2012.

1. pooh6890

pooh6890 DIS Veteran

If I forget they seem to always run repeats on Saturday or Sunday. I fell asleep with about 15 minutes to go too......this getting old stuff sucks!!!!:sad2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

I was also hoping they would showcase different chef's each week, but sadly not the case. Richard's wife seems to be a handful for him. Love Fabio!!!! Jen is kinda whiney and Spike is just OK.......

As for the new TC, The Pelligrino lady looks like she is going to be feisty. The most hated Chef of course will be good TV. Looking foward to a good season.

4. Music City Mama

Music City Mama DIS Veteran

I also thought it was harder for the ones who got Tom. Not only were they being judged on various things, but they were in a live/working kitchen. I was not surpised one bit that Tom won the poll about being the most difficult chef to impress.

I don't know, but I wish it would come back.

I'm with you guys on thinking that Life After Top Chef would feature more than just those 4 chefs. The Pelligrino woman . . . she seems so frazzled, not sure how far she'll make it. And I really wish she'd pin back her hair/bangs -- I just kept thinking of her hair falling in the food. :sick:

5. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 DIS Veteran

Good first episode, I thought. :thumbsup2

I like the new format of having to cook your way onto the show. I did, however, like how last season they have one final cookoff for the last spot on the show. I suppose that wasn't feasible this year, since the four groups were in different cities.

6. Imzadi

Imzadi Saved by an angel in a trenchcoat

Considering he's got to deal with them & judge them each week, I can see why he'd be the hardest on them.

I couldn't believe how Wolfgang just let 5 people in all at once.

7. It'sWDW4me

It'sWDW4me <font color=green>Fairly new... still gets a tag :

::yes:: Most of those omelets looked horrible!

8. jen0610

jen0610 DIS Veteran

I like how Tom did his selections, with Emeril's soup a close 2nd. The salad and omlet, not so much.

Love Fabio, as well. Loved the I lost TC twice comment. Jen didn't like her on the show and sure don't like her any better on LATC.

While I was watching TC, it was bugging me as to who Kristen reminded me of. It wasn't until lunch today, that it slapped me upside the head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michelle Kwan when she cut her hair.

9. minniebeth

minniebeth <font color=green>I count on y'all to keep me up t

I also thought the omelets didn't look great. I'm no chef but can make a beautiful omelet ;)

Interesting contestants.... Can't wait for the rest of the season!

10. book_junkie

book_junkie DIS Veteran

I caught the first episode, I'm excited but kept thinking how did they know how many to keep? What happened if EVERYONE was awesome, and they couldn't nitpick?

Also, I saw a commercial for next week where Stephan (season 5), Josie (season 2) and and I think it was CJ (season 3) are joining the new season in Seattle?!?!?!?!

:thumbsup2

11. Imzadi

I think each master chef was was allowed so many people each. So maybe Wolfgang used up all his slots? :confused3

12. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

I don't think it mattered how many they started with asking as some chefs were eliminated. They could always throw in a double elimination challenge if there's too many in the beginning.

13. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

Between her bangs and others who sweat over the food.......:crazy2:

14. BuzznBelle'smom

BuzznBelle'smom <font color=red>There are tomato-ey paw prints all

I have to say, the guys dripping sweat were much more unappealing to me than the hair thing!

Looking forward to the new seaon. I thought the omelets all looked pretty uninteresting. I'm also surprised the Wolfgang fell for the old "pile stuff on top so it looks prettier" trick.

15. aml3679

aml3679 Kita's Mom

We are Top Chef fans. Would love to see them do New England some day.

16. mr.bungle

mr.bungle DIS Veteran

I ate at Fabio's restaurant about 4 years ago, right after his original season was finished. My company rented half of his banquet room (where he does his cooking classes on the life after top chef show) for our holiday party and we had about 30 people dining and drinking. I was put off for three reasons: 1) the food wasn't that good and I'm not really a food snob. 2) I have a lactose intolerance and part of our prix fixe menu included mashed potatoes. I asked to sub roasted potatoes or anything that didn't have dairy and they said no. 3) Fabio was there and smoozing with every table in there except our's. Now I don't know if someone from our company pissed him off, but he did not come over to say hello to our table but spent time greeting every single other table in that restaurant.

17. Music City Mama

Music City Mama DIS Veteran

So, not as judges but actual contestants? Hmmmm . . . :scratchin

True and no telling how it was edited. Those challenges could have been on different days and after Tom picked "x" number, then that left "x" for the next chef/judge, etc.

No doubt, the sweating was pretty disgusting.

I hate to hear that about him. :sad1:

18. YoYoAurora

YoYoAurora Someday, my tags will come

:woohoo: I was out of town last week and missed the first show. I'm off to find it on demand! I'm excited - I love Top Chef!

19. Imzadi

I loved Padma's ruffled collar dress during the quickfire. :love:

Quite a few characters on the show this time around.

The one dark haired woman who won't SHUT UP, I want to slap. :headache: I can't imagine working next to her all day.

I can't believe the Japanese woman who said she thinks so much she can't focus! :eek: For a chef that would be lethal. How the heck would she be able to do orders of dishes as they came in?

I can't believe Stefan is back. :headache:

20. It'sWDW4me

It'sWDW4me <font color=green>Fairly new... still gets a tag :

And that Mr. Arrogant Stefan almost went home first! Oh I wish he had - I liked the guy (I am HORRIBLE with remembering names) who did go home.

Yeah, I'm already dying to slap that stupid yackity yackity YACKity woman!

21. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Ugh...I can't stand they brought back past contestants but I liked how they were on the bottom. And I think they should keep their "we played this game already and know how it works advise to themselves". First, they already lost this game. Second, why do they want to separate themselves from people they will likely have to work with on teams? Third, if they try to assume take on this "follow me" role, they make themselves a bigger target when facing the judges.

Carla is going to be a problem. That's a fight waiting to happen. I wanted to yell SHUTUP at the TV.