Top 5 Restaurants on I-Drive

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by pixiepower04, May 7, 2010.

1. pixiepower04

pixiepower04 DIS Veteran

As the title suggests I would like your top 5 International Drive restaurants.

We have a week at Universal and would like to venture along I-Drive for our evenings.

Many thanks :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. taylor91

taylor91 DIS Veteran

4. UKDEB

UKDEB Moderator Emeritus Moderator

Well, firstly, if you're staying at Universal, there are so many great options there, you don't really need to venture offsite at all.

But, if you insist ;). Restaurant row at Sand Lake Road, which is really close to Universal, has loads of worthy contenders. Seasons 52 is a beautiful space with incredibly good food for what is billed as "healthful". Timpano Chophouse is well worth a visit, particularly if you like a jazz piano accompaniment to your dinner :thumbsup2. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is an upmarket option hidden within an unassuming exterior. Roy's is up there amongst the best of the offerings in the whole of Orlando. Ocean Prime is one of the newest offerings and is getting rave reviews.

Right next door are all the new offerings of Dellagio. Cantino Laredo is the home of the killer margarita, and Dragonfly Sushi and Sake, opening soon, looks amazing.

On International Drive itself, Texas De Brazil at the Universal end, is an upscale buffet with all-you-can eat quality meats and a fabulous salad/starters bar. Salt Island Chophouse and Fish Market nearby used to be one of our favourites, but had gone downhill last time we ate there.

At the southern end of I-Drive at Pointe Orlando (albeit easily accessible from Universal via Universal Boulevard, bypassing I-Drive entirely) you're spoilt for choice again. The Oceanaire is possibly the best seafood you'll get in the area. Capital Grille is a gorgeous, swanky steakhouse, and Maggiano's Little Italy is difficult to beat as far as chain Italians go. By far and away our favourite, though, is Tommy Bahama's Tropical Cafe.

There are still some we've yet to try, but current top 5 would be:

Tommy Bahama's Tropical Cafe
    Seasons 52
    Capital Grille
    Ruth's Chris
    Timpano Chophouse

5. Dollyrar

Dollyrar DIS Veteran

Ponderosa do the best chicken wings EVER! :cloud9:

6. janiebubble

janiebubble DIS Veteran

7. LoodlesNoodles

LoodlesNoodles DIS Veteran

I'm rather partial to breakfast at Friendly's.
    They also do excellent ice cream. We went to Denny's once for dinner then decided we wanted dessert at Friendly's. They were so nice about it, even if they did think we were a bit odd. :goodvibes
    Staff there are lovely :upsidedow

8. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

Texas de Brazil
    Bahama Breeze
    TGI Fridays
    Friendlys

9. kevin harrison

kevin harrison DIS Veteran

Just off I - Drive, but the Golden Corall has the biggest and most varied breakfast buffet. It isn't as well known and is popular with locals, but for me is miles better than Ponderosa etc.

10. macca77

macca77 Mouseketeer

Olive garden a big :thumbsup2 Such a nice italian.
    Chillis
    don pablos
    tgi's.
    There the ones we revisit everytime.

11. paulfoel

paulfoel DIS Veteran

I like the Golden Corral near LBW. Just under the I4 bridge on the corner where you turn off SR for florida premium outlets...

12. Steve and Sarah

Steve and Sarah Mouseketeer

Hi. Haven't eaten on I-Drive for sometime now but a firm favourite of the past has always been Tony Romas - ribs are just amazing!

13. izzie-wizzie

izzie-wizzie DIS Veteran

Only one place i can truely recommend if you like sushi is Kobe - AMAZING sushi and probably the best i've ever had. mmmmm im hungry just thinking about it!!

14. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

We tend to eat cheap and cheerful rather than 'top notch' while in Florida so chances are our faves will not be in the category of 'fine dining'.

Having said that, our top 5 of I-Drive are:

Friendlys - love their mini mozzarella sticks and Fribble shakes :thumbsup2
    Tony Romas - DH loves their ribs and loaded mash
    Chili's - their chicken crispers are delish
    Bahama Breeze - cinnamon mash :love:
    The Village Inn - not technically I-Drive but on a side road off I-Drive, very yummy

I agree with Deb that you shouldn't discount the restaurants at City Walk, though. NBA City is among our favourite restaurants in Orlando. We are also keen to try Nascar Cafe and Margaritaville on our next trip as we've heard great things about them.

15. Pooh's-Honey-Pot

Pooh's-Honey-Pot Disney Bride June 19th 2006

We like Tony Romas (best ribs ever), TGI Friday's and Pizza Hut (best garlic bread ever) I know you can get them in the UK, but I usually eat really healthy at home for the most part, so like to eat them guilt free on holiday!

16. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

Looks like you have the same sort of tastes as us Joh.
    Friendlys, Bahama Breeze and NBA are on our list. DW loves the steak at NBA and goes as far as to say it is the best she has ever had.
    We have done Nascar but thought NBA was much better in general - although the menus were pretty much the same just car based instead of basketball based.

17. cherjp

cherjp I am a disney nutter! Every time I reply

our faves on idrive are

Friendlys
    TGI
    Olive Garden
    Ihop
    Steakhouse next to Reebok store cant remember what its called !!

18. irishthemeparkfan

irishthemeparkfan Earning My Ears

Mine would be

Bahama Breeze
    Chillis
    Fridays
    Golden Corral
    Cafe Tutu

19. Red-Snapper

Red-Snapper DIS Veteran

Have to go with what UK Deb said - plus Vito's Chophouse which is near where the Mercado used to be and Moonfish on Restaurant Row.

20. wickesy

wickesy <font color=royalblue>Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love y

Nobody's mentioned my number 1 yet, which is Sweet Tomatoes on the corner of I Drive and South Kirkman Road. All you can eat salad, soup and pasta plus desserts. It's the first one that goes on the list whenever I'm planning a trip.

21. dc1964

dc1964 DIS Veteran

Surely you have to be kidding!