Top 10 things to bring for your stateroom

WOW!!! I did not know that!!!! So do you put it in your suitcase or what's the scoop? There is a fridge in the room, can you bring the beer cans out of the room with you......:confused3 LOL

You have to take it on board in your carry-on bags. It can't be checked with your other luggage as it may break and ruin not only your luggage but other's as well. There's info on here somewhere....

I am so shocked that they let you bring on.....so like what a 12 of beer? 24? We are flying in from Buffalo, but renting a car so we can stop and get some for my dh. I dont care I drink coke. Just dont want to get in trouble on my first disney cruise.:worship:

WOW!!! I did not know that!!!! So do you put it in your suitcase or what's the scoop? There is a fridge in the room, can you bring the beer cans out of the room with you......:confused3 LOL

Found it. This comes straight from DCL.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/prohibited-items/food-storage-containers/

"Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $18.00 per bottle.
Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage."

Found it. This comes straight from DCL.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faqs/prohibited-items/food-storage-containers/

"Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Guests who request a Wine Steward to open and serve a bottle of champagne, wine or liquor that has been brought onboard will be charged a corking fee of $18.00 per bottle.
Please be advised: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage."

Thank you sooooo much!!!!

=szubieta;35585331- magnets for door & walls

I didn't realize magnets would stick to the walls! I'd better order some more magnetic paper!!! Thanks for posting this.

A push button key chain flashlight for each of my kids. They keep this with them in bed in case they need to get up during the night. It is only on if they are holding down the button. A few dollars at Walmart.

I didn't realize magnets would stick to the walls! I'd better order some more magnetic paper!!! Thanks for posting this.

100_1216.jpg

This is from an RCL ship but all ships staterooms are a metal box. You can take a magnet hook and a hole punch for hanging papers or whatever too.

Here were some things I was glad I had:

Extension cord to use with my hair dryer and cooling iron at the chest of drawers/mirror in the cabin (outside the bathroom).

Last cruise I had the over the door organizer and I kind of liked it. I cut it down before I left as I didn't need all the compartments.

Soft sided small cooler for excursions. Sealed snacks and small bottles of water and juice boxes for taking off the ship for excursions. Opened food is not permitted off the ship when in port.

Envelope with tip money for room service. A robe for when they deliver my room service in the morning. Mornings with coffee on the balcony are my favorite!

Laundry bag to keep dirty laundry in one place.

Spray air freshener/disinfectant for bathroom.

Hooks with removable adhesive back to put up in bathroom (in tiled tub area) to hang wet bathing suits.

A fun cruise related welcome gift for each of my kids that I had sitting out the first morning of our cruise.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

1. Over the door shoe organizer (got this idea off the boards and used last week on my 12th DCL trip...will always pack this item everytime). We stayed in a standard inside, so this really provided a lot of extra storage and organization.

2. Dawn dish detergent scrubbing pads-dish detergent in the pad/sponge. I used more when DD was little and drinking from sippie cups, now I use to wash sovie drink cups from various port fun stops (Senor Frog yards, Margarittaville glasses). This also works great if any food is spilled on clothes. It works to remove the stain, especially any greasy ones.

3. Purex laundry soap, all-in-one sheets. Very small, but will take clothes from washer to dryer with detergent and fabric softener in them. Great to do mid week wash if needed.

4. Room spray (Lysol or other scented spray). I just bring a regular size and leave onboard. Great for freshening up the room.

5. Nightlight-this past cruise I took one of my Christmas Bath & Body Works Wallflower. The evergreen scent in our stateroom was wonderful.

6. Sunscreen, and an extra one!

7. I pack a small ziploc full of cough& cold medicine, Advil, Bactine, bandages, Tums, thermometer-our mini medicine kit. We leave in the suitcase, but we have it in case we need it.

8. Extra hangers-I like to hang most of my clothes, so we throw in 12+ wire dry cleaning hangers.

9. Downy wrinkle releaser-great to get some of the wrinkles out.

10. Power strip-allows us the ability to plug in all electronics, including a AA battery charger & extra AA batteries so our camera is always ready to go.

11. Clothes pins-makes hanging up wet swimsuits and workout clothes up much easier.

12. Bottled water for excursions.

13. A few boxes of wine-travel is easier, plus no need to pack a corkscrew. We also bring alcohol minis onboard to mix in with our free beverages up on deck 9. We get wine glasses from Promenade lounge.

14. Magnets and decorations for our stateroom door.

15. Pop-Up hamper for dirty clothes in the closet-keeps them organized and in one place.

16. My newest must-have...a small umbrella for a rainy day. DH and I walked in the rain last week to Margarittaville in Cozumel. A few small umbrellas would have made the walk nicer!

***One more thing, we always bring some of DD DCL friends back on board-Captain Mickey, Minnie, cruise Chip 'n Dale...this way we can have them out for her, and not have to buy again. Stateroom host usually has fun playing with the animals and DD loves to return to the room after dinner to see where her friends are.

Hi
A great soap for sippies and bottles can be found in a camping store. Its called Camp Suds.
Its biodegredable, leaves no residue, and no taste. It can be found in a small travel bottle as it is made for backcountry camping. I always had it in the diaper bag as it came in handy at restaurants, etc for cleaning out sippies!
If no camp stores near you, try REI dot com.
Shine on,
~amy

I have seen several posts about bringing air fresheners for the bathroom. Do they have a constant smell or what? Or is it for after in house use? :rotfl2:Seems like DCL would have that under control. I am taking my first cruise in March, so, I am just curious and a little freaked out! Thanks!

I have seen several posts about bringing air fresheners for the bathroom. Do they have a constant smell or what? Or is it for after in house use? :rotfl2:Seems like DCL would have that under control. I am taking my first cruise in March, so, I am just curious and a little freaked out! Thanks!

Been on RCL & Princess. They have a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor. They can smell funny sometimes so I travel with stick-ups for cruises and a can of orange peel spray...staterooms are a very small place to be after DH has used the bathroom. ;)

Just got back from the 10 night Med cruise.

6. usb cords for charging everything and a dual usb wall plug. Saves an amazing amount of room.

First time I've heard the dual USB wall plug. I have one of those handy little guys that has 5 USB ports....
Thanks!

We have used Febreze Set and Refresh at resorts/hotels before. They are sold in flat packages, so they are easier to pack than sprays, and less likely to burst. This is our first cruise, but I thought we would try one again. I wonder if they will sit on the back of the toilet like at hotels...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter