Top 10 things to bring for your stateroom

The best things we brought were a power strip and wheeled duffles that fit under the bed (although I understand you can have them store your luggage). We went from a Cat. 4 to a Cat 6 and because our luggage fit under the bed we felt like we had more room.

Just to clarify....some stateroom hosts MAY store your extra luggage for you but it is not the norm on DCL.

MJ

Just to clarify....some stateroom hosts MAY store your extra luggage for you but it is not the norm on DCL.

MJ

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I'd read that somewhere. Anyway, luggage that fits under the bed is now a must for us.

Definitely bring an alarm clock. The only clock in the stateroom is an older style analog clock---no alarm! We overslept on departure day.

We noticed a lack of clocks in general so you'll want to bring a watch too.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought I'd read that somewhere. Anyway, luggage that fits under the bed is now a must for us.

We have the largest hardsided luggage made and it fit under the bed no problem. You just have to lift the foot of the bed up to get the luggage under since the frame is much lower that the bottom of the mattress. So no need for special luggage.

Definitely bring an alarm clock. The only clock in the stateroom is an older style analog clock---no alarm! We overslept on departure day.

We noticed a lack of clocks in general so you'll want to bring a watch too.

Or just use the Mickey Mouse wake up call system on your stateroom phone.
I don't know how you could oversleep on departure day, they knocked on our door at 7 am 45 minutes before we planned to get up on departure day to "make sure we were up"

The usual...

power strip

alarm clock

wrist watch

magnetic dry erase board

wrist wallet/purse for evenings instead of a lanyard ruining my outfit :upsidedow

I don't bother with the clothespins though. I just string the clothesline through the swim suits' leg holes/arm holes. :thumbsup2

"I don't bother with the clothespins though. I just string the clothesline through the swim suits' leg holes/arm holes."

My response to that is "Duh!" (is there a smilie for smacking yourself on the head?)! We just used to drape the suits over the line, and hand some from the back of the door - your idea was too simple for me to think of :lmao:

I'll ditto the over the door shoe holder - there are lots of drawers/shelves, but it did take care of a lot of the clutter, and made things easy to find.

You might try Palmolive wipes as well.

Do they still make them? We have not been able to find them and I was just getting ready to dig for the post about drying soap into sponge squares. The palmolive cloths are great!

Where did you get them... we are up in Canada (but have been looking when we go to the US) and are pacing an order with WEGoShop for WDW and I can add them if they are sold in FL.

Thanks! :banana:

Totally agree on the Ziplock bags. I use them for so many things. I also bring disinfecting wipes to wipe down the room (remote, light switches, door handles, etc.). Those new Purex detergent plus softner sheets for laundry.

Side Note: We don't mind the hairdryer so much. At least not enough to bring one with us.

I don't know how you could oversleep on departure day, they knocked on our door at 7 am 45 minutes before we planned to get up on departure day to "make sure we were up"

That's what I was thinking - is there any reason why we can't use the wake up call on departure day. I read somewhere that you can't get it for departure day so I'm bringing my alarm clock.

"I don't bother with the clothespins though. I just string the clothesline through the swim suits' leg holes/arm holes."

My response to that is "Duh!" (is there a smilie for smacking yourself on the head?)! We just used to drape the suits over the line, and hand some from the back of the door - your idea was too simple for me to think of :lmao:

I'll ditto the over the door shoe holder - there are lots of drawers/shelves, but it did take care of a lot of the clutter, and made things easy to find.

I didn't think of that either - good suggestion. I had no intentions of bringing clothespins - too much other stuff to pack.

I'm not bringing wipes, just Lysol to spray. I'm on vacation - Not planning on cleaning!

I didn't think of that either - good suggestion. I had no intentions of bringing clothespins - too much other stuff to pack.

:laughing: Thanks. I've spent A LOT of time in hotel rooms. :rolleyes:

Definitely an outlet strip to charge devices.

A watch (especially for DD and DS, they are used to using cellphones for time, but no cell phones on the ship!).

Highlighters for the Navigator activities (one color per person).

Illuminated clock (we hide theirs in the closet under things, it is too noisy!)

Whiteboard and markers.

Tide Pen/Shout Wipes.

Wrinkle Release Spray.

Ziploc Bags.

I like to bring a travel size febreeze. It really helps with the kids clothes if I want them to be able to pack a little lighter and re-wear a few pieces.

For some reason it was down on my trip. Either my cabin or all. The alarm clock was good back-up.

A good corkscrew, in case of any passing bottles of wine that may need to be opened!

I don't know if I can think of ten things! ;)

Ditto on the power strip.

Highlighter to keep track of which activities you really don't want to miss that day.

Hair dryer.

Clothespins to hang wet items on the clothesline in the bathroom.

If you have a child that uses a sippy cup or bottles or if you plan to bring an insulated cup - some dish soap!!! Our daughter still takes a bottle at bedtime. You can get a sterilizer at Guest Services but I still like to wash her bottles with soap. For the life of me, I couldn't get any soap! They won't bring it from the kitchen because their policy is "not to deliver chemicals to the staterooms" and I was told to use the very fragrant shampoo which left a strong, albeit pretty, residue/stench on her bottles. Maybe a dollar store carries a travel size?

Though I didn't for our first cruise, I will bring one of those pocket organizers next time. It'll save some shelf space for clothing as it's limited.

I am just using a small travel size shampoo bottle type to put some dish detergent into to bring along from my big bottle in my kitchen, much cheaper :)

Krisann

- Plug in candle
- Orange bath spray
- coffee / travel mug
- Highlighter
- Window / mirror decals
- magnets for door & walls
- post-its (they pack better then a white board for us)
- plastic hangers w/clips on each end for wet things (you can put way more on the clothes line)
- bring a small sling purse for around the deck (carry a camera everywhere) :thumbsup2
- small hanging storage with pockets for the bathroom
&
- bring a smile...be ready to relax and be flexible

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter