Top 10 things to bring for your stateroom

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Chicogirl, Feb 24, 2010.

1. mcroadman

mcroadman Mouseketeer

Do i need to bring beach towels for the non disney beach excursions???
    Don't want to unless I really need to.
    :flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MissMet

MissMet DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blo

You can take a pool towel, however if you have the room for your own beach towel I'd bring it. DCL's towels are small & when you get to Castaway (etc.) it's much easier to see your personal towel rather than picking out your white DCL towel in the sea of white DCL towels. :thumbsup2

Plus, they make great breakable souvenir protectors. ;)

4. elainyaeq

elainyaeq Mouseketeer

i live near tampa and i can't find a clear plastic one of these at a target or walmart or dollar tree...Can someone tell me where do i find one of these?

5. sager1969

sager1969 Mickey Momma

Last cruise I brought two foldable bins. These were a little narrower than a shoe box. We used these to organize items purchased and one was for sunscreens and outside stuff. It helped keep us from trying to find things as we went out the door.

Also, we used the heck out of the suction cup hooks for our lanyards. We have hooks for keeps at home so this was perfect.

Thanks!

6. mcroadman

mcroadman Mouseketeer

Will I find these possibly on the ship? the ViynlMation!
    I love them.. and no time to order them!
    :p

7. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

that's nice!! i have leather cases for each set of passports (each of us has two passports), but that looks like it might hold several passports together.

8. truck1

truck1 Growing older but not up.

Yes, a standard 3 prong outlet wil in the outlets onboard. They are typical 120 household style plugs, and have the European adapers already built in.

We got our clear otd holder froma SuperTarget on hwy 50 in Clermont, right after the back to school sale. They were like a dollar or so on clearance.

9. elainyaeq

elainyaeq Mouseketeer

Thanks truck 1 :beach:

10. petbren

petbren DIS Veteran

I have read this entire thread, packing OCD. Anyone travel on the Fantasy with any new updates/suggestions?
    Is there an i-pod dock, different clocks, etc?
    Also, about coffee--no coffee maker in the room, correct? DH is going to have a fit if he can only get bad coffee and has to walk quite a ways for it in the AM. We always bring our own, and have had our bags searched several times at airport for that reason I think:confused3

11. DreamBound23

DreamBound23 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the suggestion! Just ordered one! I am always so disorganized when travelling...always fishing in my purse for papers!

12. EeyoreIsMyName

EeyoreIsMyName DIS Veteran

1. Hand sanitizer in a pump bottle
    2. Flat iron or curling iron
    3. Water shoes for Aquaduck/water slides/pool areas
    4. Camera
    5. Clothes

I cut your list in half (only 5 items!). Does that help any??!! (he, he!)

13. Kbrush

Kbrush Registered

Thermos Bottle!!

If you start out with a cold beverage, a good old fashioned Thermos bottle will keep ice in it all day at a hot beach, even when the metal exterior is hot to the touch! It is true there are a lot of drink stations, but on CC they may be several minutes walk away. It is really nice to have a drink that you can slowly sip that stays icy cold for hours. Great for excursions as well. If you always fill it with cold drinks the ice can literally last for over a day. I use my thermos all the time and really love it. It will also keep hot drinks hot for many hours or even overnight.

My thermos is all metal - no glass to break like the really old fashioned ones. It is by Thermos brand.

14. redsonja76

redsonja76 Mouseketeer

Brilliant!!

I personally think it's fun to buy beach towels in the souvie shop!

15. my2boys2disney

my2boys2disney Mouseketeer

Great thread, thanks !

16. TIGGERmetoo

TIGGERmetoo DIS Veteran

hydroflask!!!

17. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

Alaska next May... you don't by any chance mean the May 27th sailing which would be the exact same one I'm on???!

I've never been to Alaska so much like you I've been looking for information on this. So far I don't have much (and I'm not sure of what I do have as it's hear-say) but here's what I read:

- Bring rain ponchos because apparently there's lots of rain

- Do bring swimsuits because the pools are heated. I'm pretty sure there's also a hot tub in the adult section. There were hot tubs in the family section of the Dream as well but not sure if this is true on the Wonder.

- Don't plan on being able to bring food from the ship into the port (for lunch for example). According to what I read (which I take with a grain of salt) Alaska is very strict about not letting cruisers take food off the ship.

Does anyone have anything they can add to that?? (Or any corrections of mis-information on my part)

18. acourtwdw2

acourtwdw2 DIS Veteran

I have room service bring a pot of coffee to me each morning. It works as my wake up call also because they call about 10 mins before its delivered and when they knock on the door i'm ready for it.
    :coffee:

19. petbren

petbren DIS Veteran

Thanks for the idea. Will probably do that but I know Mr. Picky Coffee Man (DH) will be all "$6000 for a crusie and I can't get a descent cup of coffee":confused3

20. Disneysince1982

Disneysince1982 DIS Veteran

We just got back from a Fantasy cruise Oct. 6.
    These are the things I would definately bring again:

The #1 thing to remember to bring is the over the door organizer for the bathroom. I bought one at walmart for under $6. It held everything. There is not enough counter space in the bathroom. My daughter thought I was ridiculous for bringing it, until we actually got on the ship. Our counter was uncluttered and her counter was overflowing!

2. ponchos - but don't forget to bring them with you when you dock at ports! We got really wet at Cozumel.

3. clothes pins - I brought the big ones from the dollar store. Worked great for clipping swimsuits to the chairs on the verandah. Dried super quick.

Things I don't need to bring on the Fantasy:
    1. We brought a power cord and did not need it. There are more than enough outlets in the room. Next to the bed and at the desk. We charged our phones, camcorder and camera batteries and still had extra outlets to use.

2. Hairdryer. The hairdryer on the Fantasy worked great.

3. Don't need to bring an ipod charger or clock. The clock there worked great and has a built in ipod dock. I did have to cover the front of the clock at night - it was bright!

4. We brought way too many clothes. Next time I will bring half!

5. We brought beverage mugs to use on the ship. We only used them once. The rest of the time we just used the cups at the beverage station. You can go back as often as you like.

21. niki2576

niki2576 niki2576

love the ideas! I am 78 days away and making lists like CRAZY!