Top 10 things to bring for your stateroom

Do i need to bring beach towels for the non disney beach excursions???
Don't want to unless I really need to.
:flower3:

You can take a pool towel, however if you have the room for your own beach towel I'd bring it. DCL's towels are small & when you get to Castaway (etc.) it's much easier to see your personal towel rather than picking out your white DCL towel in the sea of white DCL towels. :thumbsup2

Plus, they make great breakable souvenir protectors. ;)

My mom always brings the 3M hooks that are safe for walls. She used them to hang swim suits, lanyards, pjs, etc...it was a great idea!!
I always bring room spray too. I spray it when we leave the room and when we return, it smells fantastic!

I must bring the over the door shoe holder. It holds everything from toiletries to jewelry to flipflops! Whatever small things you dont want rolling around or getting lost.

Other things"
a fan
drink mug
candy for movies

i live near tampa and i can't find a clear plastic one of these at a target or walmart or dollar tree...Can someone tell me where do i find one of these?

Last cruise I brought two foldable bins. These were a little narrower than a shoe box. We used these to organize items purchased and one was for sunscreens and outside stuff. It helped keep us from trying to find things as we went out the door.

Also, we used the heck out of the suction cup hooks for our lanyards. We have hooks for keeps at home so this was perfect.

Thanks!

I have read 100's of postings on this topic before our first DCL Dream...

If I could add one more item...dont forget to bring something to the CS desk to have the characters sign so your little ones will remember the cruise for a life time...we bought a 9" white ViynlMation at DL and brought it with us. You can also get them online at Disney.com...pictures below...Don't forget to include a bag of candy for the characters as a Thank You!!!

5714606045_f004ca9f88_m.jpg

5714606089_c7f0bcda7c_m.jpg

5714606075_3997181792_m.jpg

5715168928_64909b7c24_m.jpg

Will I find these possibly on the ship? the ViynlMation!
I love them.. and no time to order them!
:p

probably a silly question! and maybe i missed it in the boards, Can someone tell me if a three-prong plug-strip will fit in one of the outlets in our room on the Dream?

i live near tampa and i can't find a clear plastic one of these at a target or walmart or dollar tree...Can someone tell me where do i find one of these?

Yes, a standard 3 prong outlet wil in the outlets onboard. They are typical 120 household style plugs, and have the European adapers already built in.

We got our clear otd holder froma SuperTarget on hwy 50 in Clermont, right after the back to school sale. They were like a dollar or so on clearance.

Yes, a standard 3 prong outlet wil in the outlets onboard. They are typical 120 household style plugs, and have the European adapers already built in.

We got our clear otd holder froma SuperTarget on hwy 50 in Clermont, right after the back to school sale. They were like a dollar or so on clearance.

Thanks truck 1 :beach:

I have read this entire thread, packing OCD. Anyone travel on the Fantasy with any new updates/suggestions?
Is there an i-pod dock, different clocks, etc?
Also, about coffee--no coffee maker in the room, correct? DH is going to have a fit if he can only get bad coffee and has to walk quite a ways for it in the AM. We always bring our own, and have had our bags searched several times at airport for that reason I think:confused3

Ok, we have all seen advice on what to bring, but what would your top 10 things to bring for your stateroom. With a family of four, I'm trying to keep my packing small. Or at least as small as I can that is..

1. Hand sanitizer in a pump bottle
2. Flat iron or curling iron
3. Water shoes for Aquaduck/water slides/pool areas
4. Camera
5. Clothes

I cut your list in half (only 5 items!). Does that help any??!! (he, he!)

Thermos Bottle!!

If you start out with a cold beverage, a good old fashioned Thermos bottle will keep ice in it all day at a hot beach, even when the metal exterior is hot to the touch! It is true there are a lot of drink stations, but on CC they may be several minutes walk away. It is really nice to have a drink that you can slowly sip that stays icy cold for hours. Great for excursions as well. If you always fill it with cold drinks the ice can literally last for over a day. I use my thermos all the time and really love it. It will also keep hot drinks hot for many hours or even overnight.

My thermos is all metal - no glass to break like the really old fashioned ones. It is by Thermos brand.

Also for you tech geeks out here you can bring a HDMI cable and plug in the back of the tv in the room. At night if there were no movies playing for the kids...I would just plug in my ipad2 w/HDMI connector and play movies. Just be sure you disconnect when you leave the room.

Brilliant!!

I personally think it's fun to buy beach towels in the souvie shop!

thermos bottle!!

If you start out with a cold beverage, a good old fashioned thermos bottle will keep ice in it all day at a hot beach, even when the metal exterior is hot to the touch! It is true there are a lot of drink stations, but on cc they may be several minutes walk away. It is really nice to have a drink that you can slowly sip that stays icy cold for hours. Great for excursions as well. If you always fill it with cold drinks the ice can literally last for over a day. I use my thermos all the time and really love it. It will also keep hot drinks hot for many hours or even overnight.

My thermos is all metal - no glass to break like the really old fashioned ones. It is by thermos brand.

hydroflask!!!

I second this request! My boyfriend and I are going on our first Disney cruise to Alaska next May. Any specific things to bring on this cruise would be much appricated! :worship:

Alaska next May... you don't by any chance mean the May 27th sailing which would be the exact same one I'm on???!

I've never been to Alaska so much like you I've been looking for information on this. So far I don't have much (and I'm not sure of what I do have as it's hear-say) but here's what I read:

- Bring rain ponchos because apparently there's lots of rain

- Do bring swimsuits because the pools are heated. I'm pretty sure there's also a hot tub in the adult section. There were hot tubs in the family section of the Dream as well but not sure if this is true on the Wonder.

- Don't plan on being able to bring food from the ship into the port (for lunch for example). According to what I read (which I take with a grain of salt) Alaska is very strict about not letting cruisers take food off the ship.

Does anyone have anything they can add to that?? (Or any corrections of mis-information on my part)

I have read this entire thread, packing OCD. Anyone travel on the Fantasy with any new updates/suggestions?
Is there an i-pod dock, different clocks, etc?
Also, about coffee--no coffee maker in the room, correct? DH is going to have a fit if he can only get bad coffee and has to walk quite a ways for it in the AM. We always bring our own, and have had our bags searched several times at airport for that reason I think:confused3

I have room service bring a pot of coffee to me each morning. It works as my wake up call also because they call about 10 mins before its delivered and when they knock on the door i'm ready for it.
:coffee:

I have room service bring a pot of coffee to me each morning. It works as my wake up call also because they call about 10 mins before its delivered and when they knock on the door i'm ready for it.
:coffee:

Thanks for the idea. Will probably do that but I know Mr. Picky Coffee Man (DH) will be all "$6000 for a crusie and I can't get a descent cup of coffee":confused3

We just got back from a Fantasy cruise Oct. 6.
These are the things I would definately bring again:

The #1 thing to remember to bring is the over the door organizer for the bathroom. I bought one at walmart for under $6. It held everything. There is not enough counter space in the bathroom. My daughter thought I was ridiculous for bringing it, until we actually got on the ship. Our counter was uncluttered and her counter was overflowing!

2. ponchos - but don't forget to bring them with you when you dock at ports! We got really wet at Cozumel.

3. clothes pins - I brought the big ones from the dollar store. Worked great for clipping swimsuits to the chairs on the verandah. Dried super quick.

Things I don't need to bring on the Fantasy:
1. We brought a power cord and did not need it. There are more than enough outlets in the room. Next to the bed and at the desk. We charged our phones, camcorder and camera batteries and still had extra outlets to use.

2. Hairdryer. The hairdryer on the Fantasy worked great.

3. Don't need to bring an ipod charger or clock. The clock there worked great and has a built in ipod dock. I did have to cover the front of the clock at night - it was bright!

4. We brought way too many clothes. Next time I will bring half!

5. We brought beverage mugs to use on the ship. We only used them once. The rest of the time we just used the cups at the beverage station. You can go back as often as you like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter