Too windy for Castaway Cay?

rkdahl

Mouseketeer
Yikes, Just looking at the forecast for the cruise this week. That storm system continues to move SE and it's supposed to be 25 mph winds the day we dock at Castaway Cay!

Here's hoping the winds allow us to dock that day!! Please, pretty please!:worship:

In any case bring those swim suit coverups made of kevlar. Ocean, wind and sand make for a challenging day on the beach!

The ship won't dock if it is too windy. CC day then gets pushed back to the ginal day.

Someone posted on FB from the ship that they will not be docking in Castaway Cay tomorrow because of the high winds. They are hoping to dock Wednesday.

...and it was gorgeous!

156311_1502747404779_1117025522_31120416_837897_n.jpg

It was wonderful on Castaway Cay yesterday. It could have been warmer but so glad we were able to dock.

I had waited 16 months to swim at Castaway Cay, and was determined to do it, no matter how cold.

156336_468340676539_691146539_6112946_1911339_n.jpg

You went swimming Skip?! You are a brave brave man!! I was a big scardey cat. I have swam in some cold NJ waters, but I just could not bring myself to get in that water the other day. I dipped my toe in :(. Awesome for you! :thumbsup2 I was saying to my husband, Ian, that day... that my dad was gonna be so mad at me when I came home and he heard that I didn't get in the water.

You are a braver person than me, Skip. I made it up to my knees. Then I had to get into the hot tub once we got back to the ship. It was really hot, but I enjoyed it.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter