Too much food?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Reservations' started by Sprocks, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Sprocks

Sprocks Earning My Ears

How many ADRs are too much? I typically do one a day--or if I do 2, it's breakfast/dinner. Here's my dilemma: On our second MK day, I have a 12:45 @ Liberty Tree Tavern and a 5:00 ADR at TRex cafe--I tried later, but they didn't have anything until 8:40 and that's too late for my kids. Normally, I'd cancel LTT, but it is the day before Thanksgiving so it seems like we should do *something* along these lines.

Thoughts? is TRex worth it? Am I being silly re: LTT? Kids are 9 and 6.

2. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I would not have two so close together. You will just finish one meal and will have to plan on getting to the second. I would keep LTT and have later on when the kids were hungry.

3. MarkF0wle

MarkF0wle "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I like eating at TRex, although it's not amazing food. But it is solid eats, big portions, but the draw is the theming.

I wouldn't have them so close together; I would say TRex (and the Rainforest Cafes) are less important to have ADRs as the majority of the seats aren't released to ADRs & as such when you turn up at the door they just stack you into a queue & you sit when a table because available. They turn over tables really quickly, I have never waited more than 30 minutes for a table & that was at 7pm during August when DTD was heaving.

So providing you're willing to wait your turn you can just turn up & eat when you feel hungry. Unlike with the Disney restuarants not having an ADR there is not a death blow.

4. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

Did you try calling T-Rex? They only release some of their tables into the WDW dining system, so calling the restaurant directly often gets better results than checking Disney Dining.

Also, if you're a Landry's Select Club member you get priority seating there if you go in as a walk-up. There's a $25 cost to sign up but you immediately get a $25 "welcome reward" credit - not especially useful if you're on the dining plan (unless you go to Rainforest or another Landry's restaurant at home) but if you're paying OOP it would be another way to get a better seating time there.