Too. Much. Food. Our Anniversary DxDDP Reviews**Completed!! With drinks and snacks**

Great start! Sounds like y'all had an amazing view from your room, that is, when not looking down.:thumbsup2

California Grill-Dinner

Our ADR was for 9:10 pm, with the preview of Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular at 10 pm. We arrived (after drinking our way around the monorail :thumbsup2 ) at 9 pm, and were seated at around 9:15 pm.

Us on the boat to the Contemp!

DisneyAnniversaryTrip041-1.jpg

Server: Jose. Jose was attentive and cordial. He asked us if we wanted to watch the fireworks from the viewing area or from our table, and we said from our table. We were sooo tired by that point (having been up since 4:45 am) and didn't want to budge! I should add We were not impressed with the fireworks that night. We soon learned that the best place to experience SNTFS is definitely near the castle in MK. WOW! Anyhoo back to our dinner :)

Food: For drinks I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I had the Tempura Malibu Roll, and DH had the Spicy Kazan Roll for our appetizers. Both were really good, but I thought mine was better. We honestly ate like 2 pieces of sushi each. We were so tired, and couldn't really manage to eat a lot. I would highly recommend the Tempura Malibu Roll to anyone wanting a great roll at Cali Grill.

DisneyAnniversaryTrip060.jpg

For our main courses, I had the Oak Fired Filet with Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus, and DH had the Pork Tenderloin no mushrooms, but it came out with mushrooms. Not a big deal. Both entrees were delicious! DH barely touched his, he just couldn't eat too much. I ate most of my filet, medium rare, and it was delicious. The loaded mashed potatoes were good, but I realized I'm not a fan of the bacon flavor and chunks of chewy bacon in them. The asparagus were delicious and I ate all of them.

DisneyAnniversaryTrip063.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip065.jpg

Now dessert was a surprise. I had ordered two miniature wedding cakes after seeing them on the Cake Chatter thread. One was all vanilla-vanilla cake, filling, and buttercream icing. The other one was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling and icing. They had little Mickey heads piped all over them. I was nervous about how this was going to work, because I hadn't had a chance to speak to Jose in private. Luckily DH got up to go to the bathroom and I was able to discuss quickly with him how we would fool DH. DH and I were going to share a dessert, the bananas and caramel. Jose would bring out the bananas and caramel AND the two little cakes and surprise him. So when DH returned from the bathroom, we ordered our dessert to share and then waited. We ended up waiting quite a bit for the desserts to come out, but in the end it was well worth it! DH was so surprised! He actually thought the cakes were for someone else! :rotfl: Jose came over and placed the bananas and caramel down, and then DH noticed the two little cakes on his tray. He said "Oh look at these miniature wedding cakes, how cute!" and then Jose proceeded to place them on the table while I grinned. It took him a minute to figure it out! The cakes were yummmm but the bananas and caramel were the ultimate!! The vanilla cake was more moist and yummy than the chocolate cake. That one was a little dry unfortunately. But we only ate a bit and had them box up the rest. You'll see from the pics that we ate around the back lol. Jose also brought us two complimentary glasses of champagne, which was a lovely touch. :goodvibes

DisneyAnniversaryTrip070.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip069.jpg

Overall Experience: Great as usual! We love Cali Grill, and have never had a bad experience here. The food is exceptional, the view is just breathtaking, and the wine selection (even though we didn't try any this time) is really extensive.

Would we return: Definitely! We love this place!

Les Chefs de France-Lunch

Our ADR was for 12 pm, right when the restaurant opens. We checked in about 15 minutes before, since there was already a big line of people that were checked in and waiting. I was happy to get to use my French, which I rarely get to practice. I don't remember the name of the young woman who checked us in, but she had a dark bob with bangs and was very happy to learn I spoke French! We were seated just a few minutes after 12, right by the window.

Server: Anthony
Anthony was super cute! I have to say that I never really believed how true it was that virtually ALL the waiters at Les Chefs are super cute!!!!!!! Like, it's puzzling!!!! Poor DH :rotfl: I definitely had my share of eye candy! I tried to practice with Anthony as best I could. I even asked him at one point in French, what was going on with Remy?! He thought for a second then remembered, Zut! C'est Dimanche! On a pas Remy les Dimanches!! In English that means Remy does not appear on Sundays! Boo! But alas we got over it. We had just met Belle, after all, and DH was still a little woozy! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc Anthony was a good server the entire meal. We were very happy with his service :thumbsup2

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I had the Bisque de Homard (Lobster Bisque) and DH had the Assiette de Fromages. Both were To. Die. For. The lobster bisque had soft, melty bits of fresh lobster, and the creamiest bisque you could imagine. Sooo good! The best cheese in DH's platter was by far the goat cheese. We could have eaten a whole plate of that!!

DisneyAnniversaryTrip094-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip095-1.jpg

For main courses I had the Quiche Lorraine with Salade, and DH had the Croque Monsieur with Salade. My quiche was good, a little runny in the middle. My favorite part were the bits of ham in the quiche. They were chunky and meaty and flavorful. I also ate all my salade. DH didn't like his Croque Monsieur. I wasn't a fan either. It was really mushy and overly cheesy. The croques I have had in France are much crispier, thinner sandwiches. I knew this one wasn't going to be thin, but I did expect a much crustier or crunchier crust. By this point DH was stuffed!

For desserts he ordered the sorbets, which were all delicious. Fresh strawberry, coconut and pineapple, with lots of fresh berries to garnish. I had the creme brulee which was Verrrrrry rich and tasted like pure cream almost. It was huge! I took one bite, and couldn't take another. It was really too rich for my taste, and the custard wasn't flavored very well, just tasted like pure cream. I shared DH's sorbets, and concurred the strawberry was my favorite, and the coconut tasted exactly like sunscreen :rotfl: DH just rolled his eyes at me! :laughing:

Overall Experience: Great! Thanks to our amazing window seats we were able to watch the balancing act show perfectly! It was great! The food was also very good, even though DH wasn't thrilled with his sandwich, it wasn't bad by any means. We liked the ambiance, and found the service to be great.

DisneyAnniversaryTrip097.jpg

Would we return: Yes! We would definitely return for lunch again. We would try to come during the week when Remy is there though :)

Narcoossee's-Dinner **BEST DINNER OF THE TRIP**

We had a 7:10 pm ADR, and arrived about 10 minutes early to check in. We met up with my Dis-buddy Joanne (iheartpluto) and her DH Eric who were also waiting to be seated. It was there 1 year anniversary! After dinner we would attack the MK as a foursome!!! But for now, let's get seated people! Jo and Eric were seated first, then minutes later we were as well. We were led to a gorgeous window table (4 top) overlooking the lagoon and the Castle! It was amazing. We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant right away. It had a yacht club type vibe, like a traditional seafood place back home in NY.

Server: Nelson
Nelson was the best server we have ever had, anywhere. He was simply the best server of all time. He was amazingly friendly, beyond attentive (without being intrusive or overbearing), sprinkled some pixie dust our way by giving us Mickey straws with our sodas, and just basically made our meal unforgettable. He even took a picture of us, which was really nice :) We were so happy with his service we tipped him like 33% or something. He really deserved every penny. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. We also both had Agave Nectar Margaritas, which were becoming our signature drink lol. SO good. For our appetizers, I had the Shrimp and Crab Chowder which was DELICIOUS! I ate every bite. DH had the Duck and Lentil roll, which he loved and raved about.

DisneyAnniversaryTrip103-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip111-1.jpg

For our main courses I had the whole Maine lobster, steamed and halved. DH had the filet medium rare with the Choron sauce on the side. Both our meals came with asparagus and potato gratin. My lobster was to die for. It was huge, first of all, almost 2 lbs! I couldn't finish the other half of the tail, but I got through everything else! It was sooo good. The asparagus was yummy, but the potato gratin was just ok. DH's filet was delicious, but a bit overcooked for medium rare. It was still super good and he ate all of it! He was happy he got the Choron sauce on the side, because he only liked dipping it every once in awhile.

For our desserts I got the chocolate dome, and DH got the signature Almond crusted cheesecake. Let me just say that we should have gotten two cheesecakes!!! SOOOO GOOD!!! OH. EM. GEEEE!!! DELICIOUS!! My chocolate dome was good, but very very dense and rich. I only had a few bites because I was stuffed by that point! I did manage a few bites of that cheesecake though, and it was divine.

Overall Experience: Fantastic. Best meal of the trip, food wise and service wise. So good!

Would we return: We did return! We ended up changing our last night's ressie to Narcoossee's because our plans changed and we needed to be near the MK. You will see how that meal went. It's pretty crazy just how different the two meals were.

Dang girl! Two reviews at once!! :cool1:

Holy crap, I can't believe you didn't fall asleep through your dinner at Cali Grill...You must have knocked out once you got back to your resort!

Ok first off, the rolls look so yummy!!! I like rolls, but usually prefer just sashimi to get my protein, but those looks fantastic...And I was seriously soooo jealous when I saw those cakes...:eek:...they are adorable and beautiful at the same time!!! Are they pretty big? For the price would you recommend doing this? I would love to do this for DH one day...

Chefs: Isn't that cheese plate THE best!! Not remembering, but I think I also stated in my review that the goat cheese was the BEST...the other cheeses were good too, but dang that goat cheese really stood out! And next time I FOR SURE have to get the lobster bisque...i've heard so many wonderful things...and the waiters...GORGEOUS!!! Who needs hot soup, when you have hot men walking all around!! :lmao:

Raglan Road-Lunch

This was one of the changes we made. We ended up being at MK til 2 am the night before, so there was no way we were making a 9:00 am ressie at Crystal Palace. DH and I decided to sleep in, and then head to DTD for some retail therapy and lunch. The CL Cm's were able to get us an ADR at Raglan Road for 1:30 pm which was great. We arrived right on time, and were seated immediately. The place was pretty much empty.

Server: Brianne
Brianne was a good server. She was friendly, and attentive and that's basically all it takes to make us happy! We didn't have to wait for our drinks, or our food, everything was swift and nice.

Food: For drinks I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I also had One For the Road, which was basically a melonball with a lot of pineapple juice. It was good though, and I drank it all :thumbsup2 For our apps I had the scallop forest which was super good. The scallops were crisply fried and juicy in the middle. The lime mayo dipping sauce was sooo good. DH had the Potato, bacon and Cabbage chowder which was not very good at all. It was really runny and needed a ton of salt. He didn't eat much of it.

For our main courses I tried the Shepherd's Pie and DH had the Fish n Chips. My shepherds pie was really salty and just ok in terms of a dish. I was already pretty full, so I just picked at it really. DH's Fish n Chips were really good. The chips were fresh cut potatoes, and the perfect portion size. The fish was crisply fried and really flaky and delicious. I should have ordered that!!

We skipped dessert because we were just too full. This was a recurring theme along the trip lol.

Overall experience: A cool place to have lunch, the food was good. It's much more rowdy and loud for dinner when you have the band or Irish dancer performing. Nothing spectacular about this lunch.

Would we return: Probably not. There are too many other places we still would love to try!

Dang girl! Two reviews at once!! :cool1:

Holy crap, I can't believe you didn't fall asleep through your dinner at Cali Grill...You must have knocked out once you got back to your resort!

Ok first off, the rolls look so yummy!!! I like rolls, but usually prefer just sashimi to get my protein, but those looks fantastic...And I was seriously soooo jealous when I saw those cakes...:eek:...they are adorable and beautiful at the same time!!! Are they pretty big? For the price would you recommend doing this? I would love to do this for DH one day...

Chefs: Isn't that cheese plate THE best!! Not remembering, but I think I also stated in my review that the goat cheese was the BEST...the other cheeses were good too, but dang that goat cheese really stood out! And next time I FOR SURE have to get the lobster bisque...i've heard so many wonderful things...and the waiters...GORGEOUS!!! Who needs hot soup, when you have hot men walking all around!! :lmao:

Babygirl, I'm gon be knocking out these reviews today!!! I really want to get started on my TR, because there were just so many funny and great things that happened along the way. So you'll see the reviews just flying off the presses today!!! :laughing::rotfl::eek:

Ok, rolls at Cali Grill are soooo good! I agree and usually get Sushi pieces and not rolls when I'm home, but on vacay go for the rolls baby!!! :lmao:

And yes, we did basically crash. That night was the In room celebration night, so when we got back to the room it was all decorated and beautiful. We stayed up for a bit exploring all the gifts and having flower petal fights lol. But we did crash fast because we had a morning EMH day the next day!!

So yeah, Les Chefs waiters...HOLYNESS!!! HAHAHAHA!! I seriously thought DH was gonna punch me out by the end of lunch :laughing:

So stay tuned girlie, the reviews are comin!:wizard:

Artist Point-Dinner

Our ressie was for 8:15 pm, and we arrived around 8 pm to check in. We were seated right away, at a lovely table overlooking the lake.

Server: Osiris
Osiris was super sweet! She was really nice and attentive, and brought us complimentary glasses of Rosa Regale with a raspberry in each! It was a lovely touch. DH didn't like his, so I got two glasses! Score!!! :rotfl: She also gave us two mini spicy gazpacho's on the house to try. They were delicious but spicy! Osiris made some great recommendations on the food for us, and also helped DH in his hunt for hidden Mickey's in the restaurant! She also quickly boxed up our dessert for us, because we were trying to make it back up to our room for SNTFS at 10 pm.

DisneyAnniversaryTrip207-1.jpg

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. I had the Prince Edward Island Mussels with sourdough toast, and DH had the Mixed Salad with Champagne vinaigrette. My mussels were divine. I was shocked at the portion size! There must have been 25 mussels, easily in the bowl. The broth was succulent, and filled with shallots. Yum! DH's salad was yummy and he finished every bite. I tried a bite of it, and have to say that the dressing was spectacular!

For entrees I had the Cedar Plank Roasted Salmon medium rare, and DH had the Buffalo Striploin Rare. Since it was included, we also got the Macaroni and Cheese as a side dish. WOW. That macaroni and cheese is the best macaroni and cheese ever!!! It wasn't thick and creamy, it was light and creamy. It had panko breadcrumbs and basil, and was baked in a casserole...MMMMMM!!!! Soooo good!! My salmon was delicious and I ate every bite! DH's buffalo was good, but a little chewy. It was cooked really nicely though.

We ordered the chocolate hazelnut torte I think, and took it to go. We never ended up eating it tho, boo! Too much food!

Overall Experience: Fantastic! Loved the ambiance, great service, amazing food...Very lovely dinner.

Would we return: For sure!! Even if not staying at WL, we would come here for dinner it was so good.

Loving your reports!

Spicy Kazan at CG is my probably my second favorite roll ever! We always have such a great time there, your review is making me count the seconds until we're back! :-) I had no idea those cakes existed, and we'll be there on our 2nd anniversary - now you've got me thinking! I'd love to surprise DH!

I loved the lobster at Narcoossee's as well - and since I had never had lobster before, I was so happy that it was already cracked and cleaned! :laughing: I had no idea what to expect. And that cheesecake, isn't it to die for??

So glad you reviewed Artist Point, we'll be trying that for the first time in September. I think you ordered what I would probably order for myself. Happy to read a good review.

Well I love your reviews, first of all. Secondly, I'm torn between Cali Grill and Artist Point and your reviews didn't make it any easier to choose. We have been to Cali Grill before but never AP, so what would you recommend??? Thanks! Keep up the great report!!!

No joke...you're bustin 'em out girl!

Wow, can't believe you made ate at Narc twice!!! ...uh-oh, I'm wondering how your second meal went there...guess I'll just have to wait...Next time I'm definitely getting the Whole lobster...that lobster tail I had was no bueno..:sad2:

AP's salmon was sooo yummy!!! Omgosh and about the mussels, DH got the mussels at Narc and there were a TON of them!!! The most i've ever seen served before!! Definitely get your moneys worth on that!

OH and that Almond cheesecake at narc is fabulous!!! :cloud9:

Yay, I'll be waiting for more!! You really must have some good stories for your TR the way your reviews are coming out!!

Narcoossee's-Dinner **BEST DINNER OF THE TRIP**

We had a 7:10 pm ADR, and arrived about 10 minutes early to check in. We met up with my Dis-buddy Joanne (iheartpluto) and her DH Eric who were also waiting to be seated. It was there 1 year anniversary! After dinner we would attack the MK as a foursome!!! But for now, let's get seated people! Jo and Eric were seated first, then minutes later we were as well. We were led to a gorgeous window table (4 top) overlooking the lagoon and the Castle! It was amazing. We loved the atmosphere of the restaurant right away. It had a yacht club type vibe, like a traditional seafood place back home in NY.

Server: Nelson
Nelson was the best server we have ever had, anywhere. He was simply the best server of all time. He was amazingly friendly, beyond attentive (without being intrusive or overbearing), sprinkled some pixie dust our way by giving us Mickey straws with our sodas, and just basically made our meal unforgettable. He even took a picture of us, which was really nice :) We were so happy with his service we tipped him like 33% or something. He really deserved every penny. :goodvibes:goodvibes

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had a Coke. We also both had Agave Nectar Margaritas, which were becoming our signature drink lol. SO good. For our appetizers, I had the Shrimp and Crab Chowder which was DELICIOUS! I ate every bite. DH had the Duck and Lentil roll, which he loved and raved about.

DisneyAnniversaryTrip103-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip111-1.jpg

For our main courses I had the whole Maine lobster, steamed and halved. DH had the filet medium rare with the Choron sauce on the side. Both our meals came with asparagus and potato gratin. My lobster was to die for. It was huge, first of all, almost 2 lbs! I couldn't finish the other half of the tail, but I got through everything else! It was sooo good. The asparagus was yummy, but the potato gratin was just ok. DH's filet was delicious, but a bit overcooked for medium rare. It was still super good and he ate all of it! He was happy he got the Choron sauce on the side, because he only liked dipping it every once in awhile.

For our desserts I got the chocolate dome, and DH got the signature Almond crusted cheesecake. Let me just say that we should have gotten two cheesecakes!!! SOOOO GOOD!!! OH. EM. GEEEE!!! DELICIOUS!! My chocolate dome was good, but very very dense and rich. I only had a few bites because I was stuffed by that point! I did manage a few bites of that cheesecake though, and it was divine.

Overall Experience: Fantastic. Best meal of the trip, food wise and service wise. So good!

Would we return: We did return! We ended up changing our last night's ressie to Narcoossee's because our plans changed and we needed to be near the MK. You will see how that meal went. It's pretty crazy just how different the two meals were.

So glad to hear that your Narcoossee's dinner was so great :banana:. I am planning on ordering the whole lobster and almond crusted cheesecake, which sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed :dance3:. Loving your reviews :woohoo:!!

Lesha I just realized I didn't answer you about the cakes. They were $25 each, which I found to be very reasonable. IMO they are pretty big and one is more than enough for a couple, but it was our anniversary and I wanted to splurge and get two so we could try both flavors they offered. Also part of me wanted to try to make up for DH's failed groom's cake that our reception hall completely effed up, that was part of his wedding present. I found a pic on the Cake Chatter thread of a baby pink miniature cake that a mom had gotten for her little girl's birthday i think. It had white piping along the tiers and was super cute. I asked if they could make one all white and one chocolate and have the Mickey heads piped on there and they said no problem. I'm sure they could color the vanilla buttercream any color you like. I had the IPO book the cake for me, but it was Pastry Chef Brian from the Contemporary that made the cake. There's info on the Cake Chatter thread about how you can call and ask for Chef Brian's email and directly book your cake through him. Also I've heard Chef Pat at the Grand Floridian is great with custom cakes as well. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Loving your reports!

Spicy Kazan at CG is my probably my second favorite roll ever! We always have such a great time there, your review is making me count the seconds until we're back! :-) I had no idea those cakes existed, and we'll be there on our 2nd anniversary - now you've got me thinking! I'd love to surprise DH!

I loved the lobster at Narcoossee's as well - and since I had never had lobster before, I was so happy that it was already cracked and cleaned! :laughing: I had no idea what to expect. And that cheesecake, isn't it to die for??

So glad you reviewed Artist Point, we'll be trying that for the first time in September. I think you ordered what I would probably order for myself. Happy to read a good review.

Yesss that cheesecake IS to die for!!!! :cloud9:

Well I love your reviews, first of all. Secondly, I'm torn between Cali Grill and Artist Point and your reviews didn't make it any easier to choose. We have been to Cali Grill before but never AP, so what would you recommend??? Thanks! Keep up the great report!!!

If you've never done Cali Grill, there's no question that I would choose that over Artist Point. It's just unparalleled with the view and the food, especially if you like sushi.

No joke...you're bustin 'em out girl!

Wow, can't believe you made ate at Narc twice!!! ...uh-oh, I'm wondering how your second meal went there...guess I'll just have to wait...Next time I'm definitely getting the Whole lobster...that lobster tail I had was no bueno..:sad2:

AP's salmon was sooo yummy!!! Omgosh and about the mussels, DH got the mussels at Narc and there were a TON of them!!! The most i've ever seen served before!! Definitely get your moneys worth on that!

OH and that Almond cheesecake at narc is fabulous!!! :cloud9:

Yay, I'll be waiting for more!! You really must have some good stories for your TR the way your reviews are coming out!!

Yeahhh you'll see how THAT gem of a meal went :sad2: I remember your review of the surf n turf lobster tail, and I read a few more after yours that were the same. I made sure to advise DH against it:sad2: But DEF try the whole Maine lobster if you can, it's divine!

Lol I got the mussels at Narc the second dinner :rotfl:

So glad to hear that your Narcoossee's dinner was so great :banana:. I am planning on ordering the whole lobster and almond crusted cheesecake, which sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed :dance3:. Loving your reviews :woohoo:!!

Thank you!! That meal is going to be amazing!! :cool1::banana:

Yak and Yeti-Lunch

Our ADR was for 11:55 am, and we made it there about 5 minutes before to check in. The first thing I remember is how refreshing the air conditioning was! We were seated in just a minute, but it took another minute to get a table I was ok with. They wanted to seat us almost physically on top of 2 different parties of 5. I may be difficult, but I really don't like to be seated right on top of other people if it can be helped. And it could be helped in this case. The room was empty but for the two big parties. There were 5 different 2 tops, and I wanted to be seated in the one away from the two big parties. After being persistent, she seated us where I wanted to be seated. I was very happy and thanked her kindly :thumbsup2

Server: Peter
Peter was young, cute, and fun. Right off the bat I asked if they had any silver tequila, as only gold was listed on the menu. He let me know that they indeed had Patron silver, to my delight! He definitely was like, awww yeah margaritas!! Holllaaa!! And then he ID'd us because we both look like we're 12 :rotfl: Peter was very attentive, and helpful to us in explaining our options on the menu with the deluxe plan, as well as refilling our drinks and checking up on us, as DH got really sick during this meal :sick: :guilty: Peter definitely went above and beyond, and rocked it out.

Food: I had a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH had Coke. We both got the Patron margaritas. DH ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna, and I ordered the Lettuce Cups. YUM! Both were delicious. I put lots of fresh cilantro in my lettuce cups, and it was super yummy. The seared ahi tuna had a really yummy sauce and was delicious. This was where DH started to feel sick. In my opinion he got sick because he doesn't drink enough water and it was extremely hot that day. We had been going since early, and he had not been hydrating, then he came into the cold restaurant and sucked down half that margarita and it did NOT agree with him :sad2: He spent the rest of the meal in the bathroom, pretty much.

For entrees DH had ordered the BBQ Baby Back Ribs that came with chicken fried rice. I ordered the Crispy Mahi Mahi with jasmine rice and stir fried vegetables, with a Cantonese sweet and sour sauce. Here are some pics since I had plenty of time to take them, being all alone :guilty: Poor DH! I felt terrible for him!

DisneyAnniversaryTrip293-1.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip294-1.jpg

My crispy mahi mahi was freaking delicious. I ate close to all of it. The stir fry veggies had a weird taste to them, but it didn't matter, because all I wanted to eat was that rice, that fish, and that sauce! YUM! It was like a REAL sweet and sour sauce-none of that gelatinous stuff you get at the local Chinese restaurant. This was tangy, flavorful, and just thick enough. The fish was breaded with Panko and fried to perfection. Not greasy in the slightest. The fish was meaty and mild, and when mixed with the sauce was sooo good. The jasmine rice was amazing. It was like basmati rice cooked in a sticky rice cooker. It wasn't fully sticky, but it wasn't loose either. It was just perfect! I was in heaven. Too bad poor DH was still in the bathroom :sick: I ripped off a couple of his ribs to try, in order to be able to review them since I knew he would not be trying them at all. I have to say I was disappointed :scared1: :sad2: I know we must have gotten an off-plate, because I've seen pics on here of them and they don't look like what we got. We got overly dry ribs, with hardly any sauce on them at all. The sauce that was on there was very dry and therefore had an odd flavor. The chicken fried rice was disgusting. I'm not exaggerating. It had a really strong chemical flavor, and I wish I had spit it out. Yuck!

We had to skip dessert because DH wasn't feeling well and I was stuffed! But I did finish his margarita as well as mine, so I guess that counts as dessert! If I'm reviewing the margaritas here, I would say they were very light on the liquor as compared to other places. BUT the drinks are still SO much cheaper than in NY that it didn't really bother me too much. AND check out what was left behind on my napkin! Can anyone see a Mickey in there?

DisneyAnniversaryTrip292.jpg

Overall Experience: The restaurant and food were great. It's a great place to eat and take a break after a long morning at AK. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!!

Would we return: Definitely! That mahi mahi would be enough in itself to bring me back for lunch on AK day! :thumbsup2

Yak and Yeti-Lunch

DisneyAnniversaryTrip294-1.jpg

This pic is sooo sad...there's no DH behind this meal! Poor guy!:sad2: I hope he was able to learn from it and hydrate more often during the trip! I would HATE to be sick anywhere else, then home...

DisneyAnniversaryTrip292.jpg

Omgosh! How hilarious!!!! :lmao:

Okay, I LOVE LOVE Mahi mahi, and your dish looks fantastic! I've always wanted to come here, so hopefully this will convince my hubby to come check out the Yak...omgosh I just thought of something....your poor DH was Yacking at the Yak...:lmao: and :sad2: at the same time...

Thanks for your info on the cakes by the way! :thumbsup2 I'm surprised they're only 25...Disney could charge a lot more for them if they wanted to, especially with how awesome they look! I do need to check out the cake thread when it gets closer to our date...

Yachtsman Steakhouse-Dinner

Our ADR was for 6:30 pm, and we arrived a few minutes early to check in. We waited about 5 minutes before we were seated. On the way to our table we passed by the amazing dessert display, "all low in calories" joked our host! We were seated, and the gentleman seating us introduced us to our server, John. This should have been the first sign of confusion/warning:rotfl: The server's name tag said Samir, and he proceeded to introduce HIMSELF as Samir, our server. He seemed nice, albeit a little intense/pushy.

Server/s: Samir/John (it said John on the receipt...)
Samir took our drink orders (one bottled water, one Coke, and 2 agave nectar margaritas) and returned with a bread basket and a plate of butter in extra virgin olive oil. The bread basket was delicious and memorable. It had two small sourdough loaves, warm, as well as two onion biscuits that were also warm and delicious. The butter was topped with pink Hawaiian sea salt. Samir came back with our drinks, and we asked for any suggestions on the menu. He had a bunch of suggestions, but none of them were appealing to us at the moment. We needed another minute. When he returned, we decided to order just the appetizers for the moment. This is where it got weird. John, another server, came over to take our dinner orders. Ok, not the weirdest of things, we just went with it. I asked if he recommended a certain dish, and he said he did. I ordered it, and DH placed his order. John then brought out our appetizers. Then Samir came out to clear them away. Then John came by with the pitcher of ice water. He comes right over to me and fills my glass (of mineral water) with ice water. Then he goes to fill DH's glass with ice water and says "oh you have bottled water" and I say "yes, I do too" and he says something like "oh that's my bad, let me get you a new glass", and takes the ice water glass...And I'm thinking, a new glass, that was practically a whole bottle of water wasted! So he comes back with a clean glass, and puts it down on the table and walks away. So now DH and I are like, what the eff is going on. He pours me the rest of the bottle of water because I was thirsty! And now John comes back with a new bottle of water. We thanked him for it, but it was very confusing as it was going on and super awkward to say the least. After this I can't even remember whether John or Samir brought out the entrees, but I do remember John took our dessert orders and Samir brought them out. It was a very confusing evening to say the least, and we were left scratching our heads in regards to the service that night. The funny thing, another Dis-buddy that we were going to possibly bump into at Yachtsman that night CHANGED her ADR because her favorite server wasn't going to be there. I wish I had known!!!

Food: I had a bottle of water, and DH had a coke. We both had Agave nectar margaritas. I ordered the Fried Soft Shell Crab, with corn/lentil relish, avocado mustard, and fennel slaw. DH had the lobster bisque with creme fraiche and brandy. My soft shell crab was absolutely the greatest app of the trip. SO SO SO good. Perfectly dredged and fried, the accompaniments were terrific and complimented it perfectly. DH agreed it was spectacular. The lobster bisque was wayyy too heavy on the brandy taste. We both had some of it, and it was just too much for us.

For my main course I had the roasted Rack of Lamb with mushroom custard in phillo, haricots verts with shallots, lamb sausage, and a lamb demi-glaze. DH had the filet mignon with mashed potatoes and red wine sauce on the side, rare. Oh. Em. Gee. SOOOOO GOOD!! This meal rivaled Narcoossee's for best meal of the trip. My lamb was crusted and roasted perfectly, and medium in the middle, just how I like it. The haricots verts were sauteed perfectly, the mushroom custard in phillo was yummy (although I only had one bite to taste) and the lamb sausage was yummy (one taste as well). I ate almost every piece of my roasted rack of lamb. So good. DH's filet was also delicious, but too smoky in the crust for me. DH loved it though. The mashed potatoes were delicious and tasted like homemade. MMM is all I can say about this meal. Just sooo good.

For desserts DH had already decided he wanted to try the sorbets. He didn't want anything heavy, and he wanted something refreshing. I decided to get up and go look at the display of desserts again so I could decide. It was while over there that I decided DH was NOT getting the sorbets, under any circumstances!! I came back and begged him to let me order two desserts I wanted! I said "I'll buy you every sorbet and gelato in World Showcase!!!! PLEASE!!" He obliged. I ordered the Banana Napoleon and the Pistachio Sampler. SO Good!! The banana napoleon was definitely better, and had so many yummy components. There was a custardy pie type thing (the rectangle) that was sooo good. There were tiny sugar crusted, flambéed bananas, and a tower of banana cream and crispy phillo. SOOO GOOD!! The pistachio sampler was good. The mousses were the best part, and the ice cream. The cake was very moist and almost had the texture of the inside of a Mounds bar, but without the coconut taste. It was weird, not bad, just weird. Not worth the cals! I helped DH with his banana dessert :thumbsup2
They also gave us a little plate of apricot gelees, and salted fudge squares that said Happy Anniversary. It was a very nice touch.

DisneyAnniversaryTrip326.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip327.jpg

Overall Experience: The ambiance and food were terrific, the service was spotty and chaotic. We still had a great meal, because we had a great time together and the food was EXCELLENT. We would hope for a better server next time.

Would we return: YES YES YES! The food was so good, we will definitely be back!!! :thumbsup2

50's Prime Time Cafe-Lunch

Our ADR was for 11:55 am, and we arrived about 10 minutes before and checked in. We only waited 5 or so minutes, before they called us "CIAMPI KIDS! YOUR TABLE IS READY!":rotfl::lmao:

Sever: Brother Robert
Robert came over to our table and gave us menus and placemats. He asked us how we were doing, and when we replied "great, how about you?" He replied "NOT GOOD. I'm grounded! For wearing my baseball hat at the table, and having my elbows on the table":lmao: DH took his hat off really quickly, but then we realized he was really playing the role of our brother and not our dad or something. He then asked if Tommy had shot my nose with a pellet gun!!! (Referring to my nose ring). I showed him that he had actually shot me TWICE! One in each nostril! And he shot DH clean in the same spots twice!! :rotfl2::rotfl2: Robert was great fun, and made our meal enjoyable without going too over the top. Through the meal he would mention Tommy. He would say "I'm grounded AGAIN! I wasn't even doing the pedal and the gas, I was just steering! Tommy hit the gas!". DH and I laughed and by the end of the meal, thought Tommy was his imaginary brother. But sure enough, before we were done, Robert brought over another server named TOMMY! He said "look what you did to this poor girl's nose!" And Tommy responded "Her nose?! I shot her ear clean through!" :rotfl::thumbsup2 OMG we were dying!!!! Because I have stretched earlobes and wore plugs where you could see the holes that week, he was making a joke about it! DH and I were both dyinnng laughing!! At the end of the meal, Robert accidentally charged our meal to the room, instead of using dining plan credits. He was able to fix the mistake quickly so we could head over to Lights Motors Action! He was a fun and good server.

Food: DH wanted to try the PB+J Milkshake, so I ordered a Coke for my beverage for us to share. We decided on the beer battered onion rings for 2, the Pot roast for me, and the fried chicken for DH. We decided to share an order of S'mores for dessert. First off, the PBJ Milkshake is amazing. It tastes like a liquified Reese Pieces. Not a Reese's CUP but a Reese's Pieces (the sugar coated candies). It was soooo good!! We both shared it and still couldn't finish it. It's more of a dessert, in my opinion. The onion rings were delish! The best part was the horseradish dipping sauce mmmm I wish I had a whole vat of it!! For the entrees, my pot roast was good, the mashed potatoes were ok. It was not as good as I had hoped it would be. The mashed potatoes seemed to be made much better by the pot roast gravy, because DH's mashed potatoes that had a light gravy were not good at all. The pot roast wasn't BAD, it just wasn't as good as I expected it to be and I wouldn't order it again. DH's fried chicken on the other hand, was AMAZING! He gave me a couple of pieces of it, because they give you basically a whole chicken! It's HUGE portion! If we ever went and paid OOP, we could totally split this entree between the two of us. It was perfectly breaded and fried, and we loved it! Although the collards were yucky and so were the mashed potatoes. The s'mores were good but soooo too much after that heavy meal! We kind of just picked at them, but they were melty and delicious.

Overall Experience: Fun! A great place to cool off from a long morning at DHS. The decor is really fun and cool, and they have the Tune In lounge for cocktails at your table if you like! Or you can just sit at the bar or lounge area, which is pretty cool. We didn't partake in any alcohol, but it looked cool! The interaction is different at every table, and I think has to do with the server AND the guests.

Would we return: Yes, but it won't be a must-do or anything. We would probably end up returning because we have good friends who love it, and we may be doing a Disney trip in the future with them. :thumbsup2

Narcoossee's-Take Two-Dinner

Originally our last night ADR was for Jiko, at 8:30. The day before, we started thinking that was not really what we wanted to do. We wanted to stay close to our home resort/MK so we could try to catch just one more night of SNTFS. We had the CL CM's working on changing our ADR for us. I really wanted to try Citricos, because we had never tried it before. I pushed and pushed, but DH would hear nothing of it. He wanted Narcoossee's again. He was so in love with his meal, and the service from the other night, that he INSISTED on Narcoossee's. The day before, there was no availability. The night Cm's were able to switch us to Artist Point, so at least we were closer to where we wanted to be. Then the next day we got a note under our door that they had been able to get us just what we wanted! 7:15 pm at Narcoossee's. DH was thrilled! We arrived right on time, and asked if Nelson was working. He was not, and we were bummed, but stoked for our dinner. We ended up being seated in Lori's section, at the exact table that Jo and Eric had sat at! What a coincidence!

Us outside Narcoosee's :)

DisneyAnniversaryTrip382.jpg

DisneyAnniversaryTrip383.jpg

Server: Lori
Jo had told us that Lori was a great server, so I was confident our meal would be great. We sat and sat, and sat and sat. And sat. Lori was buzzing around but did not come over to say hello, or anything, for at least 10 full minutes. We watched the couple next to us receive amazing service from an older gentleman, who was a great server. And we sat. Finally Lori came over and introduced herself and took our drink orders. She was OVERLY bubbly and sweet and sugary, to the point where she seemed really fake. DH ordered a Coke, I ordered a Diet Coke with extra lemon. We ordered our meals right away, because we had a feeling about where the service was going, and we knew exactly what we wanted. Lori was very smiley taking the order, and returned fairly promptly with our drinks. DH being the Coca Cola NERD he is, said taste yours, I think they gave me the Diet. So I tried it, and it was EWWW ROOT BEER!! Then I tried the other soda and it was Diet Coke, so Lori had brought DH root beer instead of Coke. Ok, no big deal, mistakes happen. The Coke sat there for another 7 minutes easily before we were able to tell Lori of the mix up. I finally got her attention and told her that she had brought out root beer instead of Coke by mistake. She said "ohhh I'm so sorry", and turned around and walked away leaving the Root beer sitting there. Ok...Another 5 minutes goes by or more, until she brings the Coke out and leaves it on the table and walks away. The root beer sits! At this point we've been here for half an hour and we realize, OH! The bread! We never got our delicious hot sourdough bread with sea salted butter! Every table around us has bread and butter! And the other night, we too had bread and butter, within minutes! Here comes Lori with the appetizers. She puts them down, and leaves the root beer. Ay ya yay. So Lori finally passes by and DH practically flags her down and says "can you please take this root beer? And could we please have some bread?" :rotfl: I was laughing so hard inside. I felt so bad for him, because he desperately wanted this meal to be good, and it was just going straight downhill. Lori takes the root beer away, and brings us some bread. Then she clears the apps and the entrees arrive. DH's filet came out with the sauce on it. After Lori finally comes around to ask how we're doing, I tell her that the filet came out covered in sauce, and since she was nowhere to be found, we had to clean it off as best we could and eat it. She said, would you like me to bring you a clean plate for the steak?":confused3:confused3 We declined. After the entrees are eaten and cleared she disappears. She takes so long in finally coming back to our table, that we have to skip dessert! On a night we actually wanted dessert! We really wanted to make it to MK for the fireworks, and since we had waited almost 10-15 minutes after our entrees were cleared, just sitting there, we couldn't! We were SO disappointed with her service. I finally left and waited for DH to settle the bill, I was so frustrated. She was paying close and attentive care to her big tables seated around us that she just ignored us! It was terrible service and it was reflected directly in her tip. It's funny that we gave the biggest and the smallest tips of the trip at Narcoossee's. :sad2:

Food: I ordered a Diet Coke with extra lemon, and DH ordered a Coke. He got a root beer, and finally got his Coke in the end. For appetizers I ordered the steamed mussels with Garlic toast, and DH ordered the Shrimp and Crab Chowder that I had the other night. Both appetizers were delicious. My mussels were terrific, another HUGE portion, with at least 20 mussels. The broth here was more garlicky, and soo flavorful. The garlic toast was yummy as well. I brushed off quite a bit of the burnt garlic, and that made it better for my tummy. DH loved the chowder, and I finished the bits of it that he had left behind. For entrees, I had the Togarashi Spiced Tuna, and DH had the Filet mignon with Choron sauce on the side. The filet came out with the sauce on it, as you read above. My tuna was very delicious, but verrrry spicy. I would definitely make note of that. I order tuna all the time, I cover it in wasabi, and I like spicy food. This was just too spicy for my palate. I only ate about 2 or 3 pieces because it would have upset my stomach. Luckily for me, my DH is the greatest guy in the world, and made me a little plate with filet (i got all the pieces with sauce, because I didn't mind the sauce), haricots verts, and potato gratin. It was divine! That little plate was sooo good. Believe it or not, the potato gratin was different than it was the other night! The other night it was the square cut gratin you see pics of on here. That night for us it was red potatoes in slices, with a white cheddar cheese...SO GOOD!! I wish I had more of it!! It reminded me of my grandmother's potato Gratin. The haricots verts were sautéed perfectly.

Sadly, we can't review dessert, because we didn't get to have any. Boo!

Overall Experience: Food was delicious, but the service was so terrible it really ruined the meal for us.

Would we return: Yes! We loved the food, the ambiance and the location. We would just ask for a different server :thumbsup2

Roaring Forks-Lunch

Boo!! It was our last Disney meal! We decided to get lunch at Roaring Forks in WL and take our lunch up to the CL seating area to eat. It was a great decision after a morning filled with packing and Mickey hunting! I got the tuna sandwich on multigrain bread, with tomatoes, lettuce, and cucumbers. I also put lots of pickles on it from the fixin's bar. My sandwich came with a little cup of pasta salad. DH had the bacon double cheeseburger and fries. We both used our refillable mugs from the DxDDP. Up we went to the CL!

My tuna sandwich was soooo good! It was very similar to the Columbia Harbour House tuna sandwich except with the added cucumbers and pickles. I ate almost all of it. DH's burger was good. Not too dry, not too greasy. I had a few bites of it! I also munched on a few of his fries, which were hot and yummy as well. This was a great choice for our last meal. We paid OOP for this one, as we had no more meal credits left. It was $20 or less for our meal.

Overall Experience: Great! We liked Roaring Forks a lot. We used it to fill up our mugs when we were down by the pool or boat area, or exploring the resort. We also got a few snacks here, which I will detail ahead!

Would we return: If staying at WL in the future, we would definitely use this convenient CS location! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter