Too early to book and May vs. Oct

TiggerInNY

Seize the Day
I need some advice.

I am planning on cruising in 2006 with 2 other families with same age children. My questions are...

1) Is it too early to book now?
2) Would you suggest May or October to cruise?

Will we save THAT much money by booking now, or should we wait until some time in 2005? And, who do we book it through? One of the families has done a Disney cruise before (not us).

Your thoughts and advice are needed.

Thanks.

TTFN,
Maria :wave:

We booked for May '06 about a month ago, so I guess it is not too early :)

We went in May of '04 & it was great weather.

DrCavin,

Who did you book your cruise through? There are soooo many different ways to book it, it's confusing.

Thanks.

Maria

I would recommend you get a quote from Dreams Unlimited. They did great things for me (even after I booked with Disney).

Also, remember that October is Hurricane season. Do a search on September cruises this year and read about all of the unhappy people that picked a cruise during hurricane season.

Have a great time! The planning is part of the fun!

i like to take my FL vacations in May- the weather is great but not as hot as june & july

i won't book during hurricane season: Aug to Nov- too risky and worrisome for me, even if it means saving some money
we did go to universal studios in aug 2004 and missed one hurricane by a week when we arrived and missed another hurricane when we left by 2 days:eek:

i booked with dreams unlimited, which is the sponsor of these boards, you can find the link to them at the top of the cruise forum- sue ellen is my TA & and a great one at that!:sunny:

good luck

:wave2:

My family already booked our July 2006 cruise when the dates first came out. We figure if something happens and we can't go then we can cancel at anytime before the 90 day mark. We used Dreams Unlimited for this cruise and for a cruise my DH and I are going on next September. They have been great answering questions and getting back to us.

The 2006 rates came out in late September, which I booked the 08/19/06 cruise with DCL the same day they were released (I believe the date was September 29th).

I usually just book onboard with DCL to get the onboard credit, but I wasn't on a cruise when the '06 dates were released so I had to call and make reservations without the credit, but I should be able to rectify that when I go on my next cruise in June.

I have checked out all the popular TA options and really don't see any benefit so I stick with DCL.

Jeff

Buddy Bear...I love your slideshow. Looks like you had a great time. I can't wait to go.

Maybe I should switch my thinking and go in May. Let me get a quote from Dreams.....

Thanks everyone.

Maria

Originally posted by TiggerInNY
DrCavin,

Who did you book your cruise through? There are soooo many different ways to book it, it's confusing.

Thanks.

Maria

We used All Seasons Travel, great prices & great customer service. As others have mentioned, Dreams Unlimted & Costco are also worth checking out.

Once you have been hooked on Dis, you will be a pro at all most everything that concerns a cruise. I am always amazed at the amount of knowledge is shared on here!!

I booked my May 06 cruise when the dates 1st came out. I always use Dana at www.micdan.com she is a wonderful TA and has always gotten me the lowest price.SHe also specializes in DCL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter