Tony's Town Square Restaurant

very unimpressed. The food was nondescript cafeteria-style food. The atmosphere was just so-so.

I'm trying to decide between Tony's (is it really THAT bad) and Kona before MNSSHP. Tony's is definitely more convenient, and I happen to love Olive Garden and Ragu, so Tony's might be just fine for me. The pictures on TripAdvisor look horrible though.

I'm trying to decide between Tony's (is it really THAT bad) and Kona before MNSSHP. Tony's is definitely more convenient, and I happen to love Olive Garden and Ragu, so Tony's might be just fine for me. The pictures on TripAdvisor look horrible though.

I really think Olive Garden has better food than Tony's at much better prices. I'd eat QS at Columbia Harbor House long before I'd pay for Tony's again.

I really think Olive Garden has better food than Tony's at much better prices. I'd eat QS at Columbia Harbor House long before I'd pay for Tony's again.
QS is definitely looking like a better option. My trip is a last minute thing, so my 180 day mark waved goodbye months ago.

Last edited:

QS is definitely looking like a better option. My trip is a last minute thing, so my 180 day mark waved goodbye months ago.

You could even do QS at Gasparilla Grill at the Grand Floridian. We think they have pretty good food- obviously not gourmet!

We are doing the party on 10/25 and since we are staying at the GF we're planning on eating QS at the resort!

I like Olive Garden and ragu....as well as great New Jersey italian...but Tony's chicken parm was horrible (dry even when I asked for extra gravy ..which was not good either) and my daughter also hated the sauce/gravy (she had spaghetti). My husbands calimari was good...go figure...lol

I like Olive Garden and ragu....as well as great New Jersey italian...but Tony's chicken parm was horrible (dry even when I asked for extra gravy ..which was not good either) and my daughter also hated the sauce/gravy (she had spaghetti). My husbands calimari was good...go figure...lol
Now, I can put away some calimari! The calimari at Trattoria al Forno is so good!

The food was "okay". We ate there as we had a table service meal to use up from our free-dining booking. The service was the best we had all trip and the dessert was very good as well. I would not pay cash to eat at Tony's

I've been 3x. When I went last week for my daughter's second birthday lunch the food was actually pretty good...but overpriced...but certainly tasty. The atmosphere...meh. We were in front of the window in the back where you can see Lady and the TRamp dine. It was cute, but my two year old was pretty bouncy and parents kept bringing their kids over so they could look out the window. It was annoying.

Here's the great conundrum

Greasy, generic Italian food not worth the price nor wasting your precious WDW time.

LOL, we always have a great meal there. Tiramisu is amazing! I love Tony's.

Someone here is wrong...or at least there are varying strong opinons. I can't remember the last time we ate at Tony's--it might have been 30 years or more. Based on what I see with some regularity, I'd avoid Tony's, but we don't have a TS dinner anywhere in MK. Many thanks to elphie & libarymom for their opinions.
OP if you do go to Tony's, please let us know what you think. :earsboy:

If you go expecting Theme Park Italian food you will be fine. You don't go to a ball game expecting expensive wine and craft beer......it is what it is.

Wasn't impressed...Mama Melrose in Hollywood Studios was much better! Had same meal (chicken parm) at both and found the quality was very much lacking at Tony's. Biggest thing for me was the sauce just ran right off the pasta.

That was my experience as well. The chicken Parmesan itself was fine, not good nor bad. But the pasta was served with this anemic looking sauce which basically equaled plain noodles.

The tiramisu was very good and my eldest was impressed with the chocolate painting of lady and the tramp on her dessert plate.

We had the stay, play dine deal so it didn't cost the five of us much to eat there, but I wouldn't opt to again.

We had lunch there two years ago because we didn't have an ADR and didn't want to do counter service, so I made a reservation on the app while we were on It's A Small World. It was serviceable Italian. Seems based on people's very drastic opinions that perhaps "inconsistent" is the best way to describe it. The Chicken Parm was fine...I've had better and I've also had worse.

We had the chocolate cake with chocolate-hazelnut filling (nutella) for dessert and we all absolutely loved it though, I will say that.

My mother and sister ate there two years ago and enjoyed themselves, my mother actually asked if we could eat there on our upcoming trip but getting BOG reservations subdued the desire. I've never tried it because of all the bad reviews but their positive experience always makes me second guess myself. Disney restaurants are always a roll of the dice, I usually try to stack the odds in my favor by going to ones with mostly good reviews.

You could love Tony's, but you won't know unless you try it. People rave about the Plaza, but when DH and I went it was average food and a lousy server, gotta roll the dice.

Hi,
Do the Dapper Dan's always sing at Tony's? We had an 11 am ADR there a few years ago and the Dapper Dan's sang "Bella Notte" when the restaurant opened. Do they do that everyday, or did we just happen to be right place/right time?

Thanks.

We finally made it to Tony's just this past February (it's been on our back-up list for a long while) and I don't understand the hate. Expecting decent food, Lady & the Tramp cuteness, and a nice break from a busy park day, I enjoyed it.

The parade came by while we were waiting in the lobby, and I loved getting to watch some of that (since DH and DS are usually for skipping it). The restaurant was comfortable, the service was friendly, we were satisfied with our lunch, and our desserts were wonderful!

(I was glad we were seated inside, as the "glass room" seemed a little noisier, but it wouldn't stop me from going there again.)

P.S. - @Meech Loves Mickey, I don't know about the Dapper Dan's. We didn't happen to see them, but they might have been there at a different time.

Tony's is my daughter's favorite restaurant on property. We've always had amazing service and I love sitting out in the glass room and watching everything happening out on main street. We've caught parades from in there, or just sat and enjoyed all the halloween decorations. We'll be eating there again on our next trip, like we have every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter