Tony's a complete 180!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

River Country

15hours49Minutes away without traffic
Well I am sure some of you can find threads on here where I have bashed Tony's Town Square. Well I am here today to tell you that I take it all back. I am used to some of the best Italian restaurants in the Country in the NY Metro area. Tony's, while it is not fine dining, was excellent.

Fried Zucchini ---AWESOME
Fried Calamari----better and more tender than I have had up in NJ/NY

Chicken Parm over Spaghetti was NY Style and very good
Spaghetti and Meatballs excellent

Service was top notch and we weren't rushed out of there either

If you had a bad experience here I encourage you to go back and give it another shot. This was the first time I had been back here in 16 years and I will be sure to go back again

This is so great to hear! We have an ADR for Tony's for Nov mainly because there wasn't much else available. I was stressing over this but I'm glad to hear a positive review!

I always liked Tony's. We stopped going when we discovered the joys of wine & food. I cannot imagine going out for Italian food without a glass of Italian wine.

I am glad to see a detailed positive post. I am going in September and booked the Electric parade package. I am excited for the calamari.

Well I am sure some of you can find threads on here where I have bashed Tony's Town Square. Well I am here today to tell you that I take it all back. I am used to some of the best Italian restaurants in the Country in the NY Metro area. Tony's, while it is not fine dining, was excellent.

Fried Zucchini ---AWESOME
Fried Calamari----better and more tender than I have had up in NJ/NY

Chicken Parm over Spaghetti was NY Style and very good
Spaghetti and Meatballs excellent

Service was top notch and we weren't rushed out of there either

If you had a bad experience here I encourage you to go back and give it another shot. This was the first time I had been back here in 16 years and I will be sure to go back again
How wonderful! Tony's was the only restaurant I could get a timely ressie for the day of our MVMCP this December. So glad to hear a better review, & looking forward to trying it with an open mind!

Great to hear!

We enjoyed our last few visits to Tony's as well. As you, we had other not so great experiences there prior to our latest trips. Now, we have no reservations about grabbing meals there at all.

I always liked Tony's. We stopped going when we discovered the joys of wine & food. I cannot imagine going out for Italian food without a glass of Italian wine.

LOL! I made that mistake when we went. I totally forgot that MK was completely dry and ordered a glass of Pinot Noir. Imagine the poor server trying to explain to a somewhat frazzled mom who was running late because I had lost my prized matching my DGD hoodie, had sent DH and DSIL back across the lake looking, and who while waiting made the huge mistake of watching the Flag Retreat while two of my nephews were serving in Iraq, and was in the midst of being family mushy. THe poor guy probably needed a glad of wine after he had to break the sad news that I could have coffee! LOL!

I do like Tony's though and think the calimari is really good!

LOL! I made that mistake when we went. I totally forgot that MK was completely dry and ordered a glass of Pinot Noir. Imagine the poor server trying to explain to a somewhat frazzled mom who was running late because I had lost my prized matching my DGD hoodie, had sent DH and DSIL back across the lake looking, and who while waiting made the huge mistake of watching the Flag Retreat while two of my nephews were serving in Iraq, and was in the midst of being family mushy. THe poor guy probably needed a glad of wine after he had to break the sad news that I could have coffee! LOL!

I do like Tony's though and think the calimari is really good!

Wow! That flag ceremony must have been an amazing and emotional experience!

Great to hear! We ate there at Christmas and really enjoyed it. Got another ADR for this September! Such a great a great location also.

Wow! That flag ceremony must have been an amazing and emotional experience!

It always is for me. There is something about the entire ceremony, beginning with the WDW marching band and ending with a serviceman assisting that gives me goosebumps. It was even more emotional that time because both of my sisters sons were serving in Iraq and I missed them terribly and worried constantly. I think that if you can fit it in, the Flag Retreat is something to see, and I try to be there at least once every visit.

I did feel badly for the server though, I am an emotional mess when I have most of my family around me, so add all teh lead up to that meal and I bet if he could have poured me a glass he woudl have! LOL!

I do agree that wine with dinner is nice, and even though I respect that it is not served in the MK other than BOG (which I believe is a huge part of that restaurants draw...LOL) I wish the restaurants could offer it.

It always is for me. There is something about the entire ceremony, beginning with the WDW marching band and ending with a serviceman assisting that gives me goosebumps. It was even more emotional that time because both of my sisters sons were serving in Iraq and I missed them terribly and worried constantly. I think that if you can fit it in, the Flag Retreat is something to see, and I try to be there at least once every visit.

I did feel badly for the server though, I am an emotional mess when I have most of my family around me, so add all teh lead up to that meal and I bet if he could have poured me a glass he woudl have! LOL!

I do agree that wine with dinner is nice, and even though I respect that it is not served in the MK other than BOG (which I believe is a huge part of that restaurants draw...LOL) I wish the restaurants could offer it.
Thank your nephews for their service! Have not seen the flag ceremony in a while. I was ill be making it a priority in September! And maybe try Tony's. A nice glass of sparkling water and a good imagination:)

Thank your nephews for their service! Have not seen the flag ceremony in a while. I was ill be making it a priority in September! And maybe try Tony's. A nice glass of sparkling water and a good imagination:)
Lol!!!

My sisters kids have all been drawn to service, so far 2 marines, 1 states trooper and the youngest coast guard. I'm really proud of them all!

Tony's has always been a go to restaurant for my family, it is one of the few restaurants on Disney property that my entire family agrees to go to each trip, and we will be dining there again in November before our MVMCP party. I am so happy to hear the good reviews :thumbsup2. Also, I have never tried the fried zucchini at Tony's, I may have to when we are there :goodvibes.

Glad to hear the good review. I booked here for before MNSSHP my upcoming trip cause I'm also doing Tiffin's for lunch and Skipper Canteen is too similar in food styles, and I don't wanna chance not getting into Plaza. Plus, it will probably be the only Italian food on my trip so might as well.

Still couldn't pay me to eat there.

Coming from the metro NJ/NY area you could blindly walk into any Italian place and get better than what Tony's could do at their best.

You'll only get me into Il Mulino when it comes to Italian at Disney.

Excellent, we ate there for our honeymoon many moons ago, and are going back in January, and will try it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter