Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

Do they have a lot to offer for people who do not eat chocolate? I bet you never heard that one before!:rotfl:

They definitely have non-chocolate stuff! We went in January so my memory may be fuzzy, but I know they had little cheesecake shots, fruit tarts, mango shooters, vanilla ice cream, fresh fruit, and oatmeal raisin cookies.

We just went in May - It was wonderful. They have a little of everything. We were able to sit in our seats and watch the fireworks. Although there were people standing up. We also were able to see the parade. (not the best view but it was very nice watching it and enjoying our treats).

I would like to thank the OP for starting this thread. It is so informative and really hits the mark on the reality of the party. I really, really want to go and this info makes it so much easier to handle expectations.

Thank you!!!!

I would like to thank the OP for starting this thread. It is so informative and really hits the mark on the reality of the party. I really, really want to go and this info makes it so much easier to handle expectations.

Thank you!!!!

Thanks for the compliment. I just realized when i was there last that some were really upset...or more aptly, their realization of what it really is was being miscued. Many of us have been to Disney many times, but the Terrace station area can be easily missed (due to not being open half the time), and many forget about that overhang, and the lack of seeing the fireworks at all seated locations.

On a different note, someone above asked about non-chocolate desserts... They do have them as previously posted. I also read that if you have an allergy, inform them and they will make an individual plate up for you of items you're able to have.

I wanted to thank you for posting this as well. I always wondered how the views were and if I was missing out on something. If you're a dessert person, this sounds like absolute heaven. But for us it's really about seeing Wishes without anything blocking the view. I likely wouldn't even take but a bite or two out of 1 dessert, so that wouldn't be a draw for me.

"Our spot" is perfect for that, and thanks to your informative thread, now I won't be wondering if I'm "missing out." Thanks again!! :thumbsup2

I wanted to thank you for posting this as well. I always wondered how the views were and if I was missing out on something. If you're a dessert person, this sounds like absolute heaven. But for us it's really about seeing Wishes without anything blocking the view. I likely wouldn't even take but a bite or two out of 1 dessert, so that wouldn't be a draw for me.

"Our spot" is perfect for that, and thanks to your informative thread, now I won't be wondering if I'm "missing out." Thanks again!! :thumbsup2

I totally understand... I have to see the fireworks "dead on" at least twice when we're on vacation. We've tried seeing them from all over the park. Seeing them from the Dessert party is nice, but not like the frontal view. I'm curious to know "your spot", but i wouldn't want you to give it away :rotfl2:

Also to add...You are given a wrist band as you enter the first time, in case you have to leave the area (bathroom, etc...) You could i guess go in early, have some dessert, go out to watch the parade, and come back in when you're ready for more... just a lot of walking around.

I totally understand... I have to see the fireworks "dead on" at least twice when we're on vacation. We've tried seeing them from all over the park. Seeing them from the Dessert party is nice, but not like the frontal view. I'm curious to know "your spot", but i wouldn't want you to give it away :rotfl2:

Also to add...You are given a wrist band as you enter the first time, in case you have to leave the area (bathroom, etc...) You could i guess go in early, have some dessert, go out to watch the parade, and come back in when you're ready for more... just a lot of walking around.

My spot actually isn't what I would call "dead on" but IMO is the best view in the park. I've heard several people on the Dis over the years enjoy the same spot so it's not exactly top secret :goodvibes

Just to make it fun and so I don't feel like everyone who reads the Dis will be trying to "steal" my spot :rotfl2: I'll give you some hints. I'm certain a WDW Veteran of your status will figure it out pretty quickly. Thought it might be fun..like a mini MK scavenger hunt popcorn::

It's very close the the Dessert Party. It is not "on land." It is very near an object that is not a building. There is usually a PhotoPass Photographer within 5-10 feet of us right before park lights go dim. It is at the "end" of something and the beginning of something else. You can see Tinkerbell fly over you looking over your left shoulder. :3dglasses

My spot actually isn't what I would call "dead on" but IMO is the best view in the park. I've heard several people on the Dis over the years enjoy the same spot so it's not exactly top secret :goodvibes

Just to make it fun and so I don't feel like everyone who reads the Dis will be trying to "steal" my spot :rotfl2: I'll give you some hints. I'm certain a WDW Veteran of your status will figure it out pretty quickly. Thought it might be fun..like a mini MK scavenger hunt popcorn::

It's very close the the Dessert Party. It is not "on land." It is very near an object that is not a building. There is usually a PhotoPass Photographer within 5-10 feet of us right before park lights go dim. It is at the "end" of something and the beginning of something else. You can see Tinkerbell fly over you looking over your left shoulder. :3dglasses

:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what time the reservations start at? Like if you get a 8:00 reservation, does that mean your seats will be better than someone who gets a 8:15 reservation? Just wondering if they seat people throughout the night or all at once?

Does anyone know what time the reservations start at? Like if you get a 8:00 reservation, does that mean your seats will be better than someone who gets a 8:15 reservation? Just wondering if they seat people throughout the night or all at once?

As far as when you will be seated, A line forms about 1.5 hrs before the fireworks begin.... We were the first in line, but had a back row seat. Your tables are preassigned...it makes no difference when you get there. When you arrive, you can be seated once the area is open.

As far as reservation times, it's been reported that the earlier the reservation time, the better the seat. I'm not sure if this has ever been confirmed.

When we went to the dessert party, all the tables were pre-assigned with your name on a card placed on the table. We were seated by a CM.

As far as when you will be seated, A line forms about 1.5 hrs before the fireworks begin.... We were the first in line, but had a back row seat. Your tables are preassigned...it makes no difference when you get there. When you arrive, you can be seated once the area is open.

As far as reservation times, it's been reported that the earlier the reservation time, the better the seat. I'm not sure if this has ever been confirmed.

Ok, Thanks, we have a reservation at 8:00 (end of August) so I guess we'll have to wait & see how good our table is. Hopefully there aren't too many before us.

This is one reason why we didn't enjoy the fireworks much from Bay Lake Towers...it was weird, because of the angle it was, some fireworks were so far behind the other ones (distance wise, so nothing didn't look synchronized)

Thanks for the pictures and review. I do have one question. We have reservations for 9:10 on July 18th. With the fireworks starting at 10, what time will they open the party and if we arrive before our ADR will beer be allowed in early or will we have to wait until 9:10 to enter?

Thanks for the pictures and review. I do have one question. We have reservations for 9:10 on July 18th. With the fireworks starting at 10, what time will they open the party and if we arrive before our ADR will beer be allowed in early or will we have to wait until 9:10 to enter?

The time of the reservation has no bearing as to when you can enter. When we were there a month ago, they opened up the dessert party and let us in at 8:40. I had a 9:20 reservation time. Again, all seats are preassigned, so it has no matter to when you arrive.

Not sure if it was a type-o but they do not serve beer at the dessert party.

Yes it was a typo due to the joyous autocorrect on my IPad:scared1: I know the MK is dry. Thanks for the answer to my question. I figured that was the answer but just wanted to check.

As far the ADR times, I think Disney just gives times out so everyone doesn't come at the same time. What I think was nice, was getting there early, checking everything out and sitting down relaxing and enjoying the company of everyone in your party. It was a relaxing end to the day. Oh and trying out all the different desserts Yum!!!

Me :wizard: DH :happytv: DD(22) :flower3: DD(18) :hippie: DS(15) :scared1:

I just booked this for myself and 2 DDs, 9 and 6, for our girls only trip in August. We plan to be at the MK all day and I thought this would be a fun treat for us all.

My concern is that after Wishes we will have trouble getting out of MK and the the bus to take us back to POP. Can you stay until some of the crowd clears out on Main Street or do they ask you to exit as soon as Wishes is over?

Thanks,
Krista

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter