Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Hunclemarco, May 23, 2012.

1. PRomano

PRomano Mouseketeer

From what I read, you need to see what time Wishes is. The party is 1 hour before that.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

As mentioned, the dessert party opens about 1 hr before Wishes. As to the reservations between 'Ohana, that's a personal decision. We love 'Ohana, but you can get full very easily there. So, you'll have to ask yourself if you're going to the dessert party to be fully engorged in the desserts?.... or for the view and relaxation at the tables. ...or a little of both. Many have had a larger lunch and lite dinner before attending the party. Again, no one know's your eating style better than you. But i can see the delima your in... i wouldn't want to cancel a 'Ohana reservation either :)

4. threewilmingtonwalls

threewilmingtonwalls DIS Veteran

We had dinner at CRT before the dessert party, and the desserts were wasted on us because we were full. With that said, I would not replace an Ohana dinner with a Tony's lunch. Tony's is gross.

5. TexasLu

TexasLu Earning My Ears

Can you see "Celebrate the Magic" (I think that is the name for the projection show on the sides of the castle) from this area? I am trying to decide on booking the dessert party for our August trip.

Thanks in advance!

6. bama belle

bama belle Mouseketeer

Yes, you have a great view of the castle. The only thing you can't see really well is the MSEP. My kids absolutely loved the dessert party!

7. Hayliesmom

Hayliesmom Mouseketeer

I have the same problem for my reservation on the 1st!

8. john398

john398 DIS Veteran

We are going March 4, Disney Dining called us and told us they rescheduled til later, no email just a phone call

9. john398

john398 DIS Veteran

if the tables are already pre-assigned is there a reason to line up early?

10. Montyrob

Montyrob Mouseketeer

When we went Dec 29th the desserts went Fast, so we were happy we got there early

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

11. john398

john398 DIS Veteran

Thanks good to know, I did not realize that they run out

12. maarch

maarch Mouseketeer

Did it last year.

They should have enough deserts for the whole evening.
    BUT, there is a rotation. So the deserts when you arrive, might not be there later on the evening. The best one are usually then one they put out at first.

Honestly, if you go there at the time they specify, the time you go and eat, talk a bit and relax. It'll be fireworks time.

It's a fun way to relax and be away from the crowd. I did it for the fourth of July and did not regret it because of the amount of people on main street.

However, I would not go there expecting to be blown away by the deserts and the selection of them. They are what I would describe as "okay".

So go there to get away from the crowd, to relax and enjoy the fireworks. But don't go there with having a culinary experience.

13. Montyrob

Montyrob Mouseketeer

The only "wow" dessert for us was the Mango Shooters, and there was only 2 trays of them then they were not replaced, everything else was good at best but nothing else stood out

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

14. john398

john398 DIS Veteran

So what do you bring with you when you show up at Wishes Dessert Party? Do they just read your magic band and than know you paid already?

15. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

You can't g a reservation without paying, so they know you're paid. I've always just given my name but I'd have the reservation number handy just in case.

16. john398

john398 DIS Veteran

ok thanks so much

17. williamscm3

williamscm3 DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this has been answered already-I know you can book the party 180 days out but when I looked online today it did not go out that far to book. Do I just have to call to book at 180 days? Thanks!

18. bama belle

bama belle Mouseketeer

Unless it has changed recently, we did the party this past July and reservations didn't open up until around 60 days before the party dates. There was not an exact time that they opened the reservations up, so I just had to stalk the July party thread to find out when they became available. Not sure if that is still the case, or if they have changed it to 180 days out now.

19. williamscm3

williamscm3 DIS Veteran

When you look at the party online it says you can now book 180 days out...

20. NDDisneydad

NDDisneydad Earning My Ears

We just booked for the end of August. We were surprised we could book it so early. :cool1:

21. bama belle

bama belle Mouseketeer

That is good to know! Thanks!:goodvibes