Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

I apologize if this was already discussed but I was wondering what the crowds were like when the fireworks were over and you are trying to leave the party. Are you allowed to stay and continue eating desserts or do you leave and enter the craziness of the crowds? Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When I went, a CM suggested we relax for a bit to let the crowds thin out before leaving. The CM's were busy cleaning the area, so no food, but at least we weren't being pushed around by the mass of people trying to leave the park all at once.

So I'm on the phone with Disney Dining who initially said "oh yes, September's been open, but there's no availability for your date." He checked all week, nothing. THEN after 5 minutes on hold he says, "Oh - September's not open yet"....

'Bout near had a heart attack for nothing....:furious:

BUT at least I didn't miss it!!!

I want to attend in Sept as well - do they open up availability for the entire month or is 60 days to the date that you want (like the 180 days for ADRs) TIA

Nothing for sept yet. Just checked.

OK...drawing a blank here...can someone please remind me, fireworks are at 10:00, reservation at 9:00 (I know that doesn't mean much) so what time should we get to the party? TIA!

I was trying to get September as well, but our first night there is August 31st, so I booked that night in case I can't get it moved to the night I wanted in September.

They told me they open the entire month at one time.

But I was also told many things by different CM's.

One day I called and was told that even August 31st was booked up. But the day before I had called and was told that they didn't open all of August yet. Then another day I was told that August had been opened for weeks.

So my suggestion is, if when September does open, if you're ever told they are booked, call back and talk to another CM or call back the next day.

This is our first year going and I am wondering the same thing.

The CM told me that you get there 15-20 mins before your ressie. That it doesn't make a difference because everyone gets the same ressie time and they only accept so many ressies.

I also had one CM tell me that they rarely sell out on this because most people don't even know about it.

Then the next day I had a CM tell me that they book up fast because it's limited.

Hmmmmmm.... not sure what to think LOL

OK...drawing a blank here...can someone please remind me, fireworks are at 10:00, reservation at 9:00 (I know that doesn't mean much) so what time should we get to the party? TIA!

Being hungry enough for it was a concern for me.

We are eating dinner at LTT for the first time that same day. So I made that ressie for 4:15 to give us time to work up an appetite.

You should definitely be able to make it over from Tony's in time for Wishes, but remember that Celebrate The Magic is on at 8:45pm too, if you want to get there in time for that. The hour before Wishes is mostly just for everyone to eat the desserts, but it doesn't sound like you'll be doing much of that having just come from dinner? When I went to the Dessert Party I'd had dinner around 6:30pm and I still didn't feel hungry enough for all the desserts they had.

I wonder if the time of the year has a lot to do with this. I've read so many great reviews from people who have gone at off season times. And most of the bad reviews have been in June and July.

We went last night, June 15 and here is my review:

Our table was fine, a great view of the fireworks. Here is what I did not like:
- it was unorganized and in need of crowd control by the CMs
- We had to wait in line so everyone went in at the same time which meant everyone headed to the desserts at the same time, another line
- it was a free for all with people taking four plates of desserts
- they ran out of silverware and bowls
- they refilled the trays but not for long, you basically got one shot at the line before most of the food ran out
- it well like a free for all at feeding time.
- I think people were trying to get their money's worth

It was a good concept and something different to do but it would have been better if they staggered the people coming in kept the food there throughout the party and not for only 15 minutes or so. No one was directing people at the buffet and it seemed like the CMs did not know what they were doing. I think they should get rid of the ice cream area as it was congesting the lines. my advice is to get there a little early and be first in line as we were one of the last people in which may have been our problem.

I'm joining the crowd waiting for Dec. We did it last year and for the life of me I can't remember when I made the reservation.

This board is awesome! I checked Disney site early this morning, and September still wasn't available. Check on here a few hours later and got word of it being open, checked again, and BAM! Got September 5th :)

I just switched an August 31st reservation to Sept. 1st in case anyone was looking for that night. It was for a party of 5.

I saw on Fb that it had opened around 12:30 and it was an hour earlier but was still able to get 9-18 for 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!