Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

No it is not. :(

You can really only see the tops of the floats.

Suzanne033 said:
No it is not. :(

You can really only see the tops of the floats.

:/ well that's too bad...looks like we may be skipping it then. Thanks for letting me know:)

Depending on what night you are going, they sometimes have two parades

What are the odds of them doing the party the week of Thanksgiving? Has anyone ever been to one during Thanksgiving week? According to the calendar there is only one MSEP each night so trying to decide if we can see the parade another night if we do the party.

Is the location of the dessert party good for seeing the main st electrical parade as well? The only night during our upcoming trip we will be able to go also has that parade at 9 with wishes at 10...since doors open one hour prior to wishes I was just wondering if we could see both while we were there:) thanks!

Take a look at the pictures at the first page of this thread. Will help you determine the view of the parade.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Will they have our name already? Or do you print something out to bring with you?

They have your name, and your table is preassigned. You may want to have your confirmation number for added security just in case.

Hunclemarco said:
Take a look at the pictures at the first page of this thread. Will help you determine the view of the parade.

Thank you! That helps a lot!

are they still using the lime green wristbands as entrance? Last time I went we all got them, but, were a bit peeved when we saw a few guests without sitting inside and eating - just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or is Disney implementing a new "guest" id system....

are they still using the lime green wristbands as entrance? Last time I went we all got them, but, were a bit peeved when we saw a few guests without sitting inside and eating - just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or is Disney implementing a new "guest" id system....

As of april of this year, they do still use wrist bands. Ours were purple last time LOL...
I'm not if Disney is implementing anything new.

we had wristbands on mothers day. don't remember the color. I took mine off as we were exiting and then turned around to try and run back to table and leave tip (all this was after the fireworks ended) and they stopped me to ask where my band was.

tuckerkeys said:

When I was there at the beginning of the month, we had lime green wristbands

First I can't imagine even noticing this and second I have been many times and find it hard to believe someone could sneak in. The tables have cards with your name on it and typically only the number of chairs for people in your party

Liz

I'm working on a touring plan and need some help with times.

What time do the doors open for a show in June? What time should we plan to get into line?

Thanks!

What time do the doors open for a show in June? What time should we plan to get into line?

Thanks!

The 'doors' open 1 hour before Wishes. However, since the seats are already assigned, showing up early does not benefit you in any way (besides getting those delicious desserts quicker ;)). I would say if you showed up 30 minutes prior to Wishes you will have plenty of time to find your seat, get your dessert and watch the Castle projection show which starts approx. 15 minutes prior to Wishes.

Thanks!

For a 10pm Wishes show, they generally let you into the dessert party about 8:45 or so. I've seen the lines to enter the party start as early as 8pm. It's all a matter of personal choice as to when you choose to go.:thumbsup2

I have a reservation on june 28. But I really want to try to get a july 4 reservation.

So far the only way I have to see if it's available is to call them. Anyone know how to check online. When I go to the webpage of the Terrace Party and click on "Make a Reservation" It give me an error.

I have a reservation on june 28. But I really want to try to get a july 4 reservation.

So far the only way I have to see if it's available is to call them. Anyone know how to check online. When I go to the webpage of the Terrace Party and click on "Make a Reservation" It give me an error.

Not to be a pessimist, but if you get a July 4 ressie now, I would invest heavily in lotto tickets as well.

I'm not even sure they are doing a 7/4 party bc it is a special day at the MK and I think the party is closed/not offered on special event days.

Anyone else here know more about the party and when they offer/don't offer it?

They do offer the party on the fourth.

And yes I am aware that getting one would be similar to winning the lottery. But I have hope that someone might cancel before their trip. You never know what can happen, etc.

So just to be clear...My ressie is for 9:20 but we can actually get in line at 8:30? This is a relief if I'm understanding this correctly, I was worried the desserts would all be gone before my party even got seated! I was checking every day to see if I could get a "better time" but I guess I don't have to worry about that now. Even if we don't have a good table, we were planning on standing for Wishes anyway. Thanks for the pics, it puts it in a little perspective for me.

We need this posted in caps in a sticky: IGNORE YOUR ADR TIME FOR THE DESSERT PARTY. The ADR system insists on treating this event like a restaurant, where you have to stagger the ADR times or the staff would die. It ought to be in the ADR system as a single timed event like HDDR or the Luau. There is only one Dessert Party per night and if you have an ADR for any time at all, you have an ADR for that night's Party. The Party is supposed to start 1 hour before Wishes although some nights people report being let in a little earlier. I would imagine it has to do with whether they are fully staffed and set up early.

Anyhow, if Wishes is at 10, the Party officially begins at 9 and could begin a little earlier. I would not recommend getting there before 8:30 just in case it doesn't start until 9; part of what you are paying for with the Party is the convenience of NOT losing the entire evening in the park standing around waiting for fireworks viewing.

Try searching over on the Disney Dining Review board for Dessert Party pictures; I know someone just added pictures in the last few days as part of their review. ETA: review by the little marla, title starts " I fell off the ice cream truck", page 7. And there are lots of others, too.

I disagree. If Wishes is at 9 the Dessert Party opens at 8 or maybe 5-10 minutes before that. If you wait until 8:15 you're simply giving everyone else first crack at the buffet tables. I would plan on arriving at about 7:45. No earlier than 7:30 but certainly no later than 8.

And, as has been said before, you can ignore the actual time of your ADR. This is a single hard-ticket event that opens for everyone at the same time no matter what the ADR system has assigned you.

Sorry if this has already been asked. I skimmed through all the pages, but might have missed it.

It was reported that they don't always (perhaps rarely) replenish the desserts. So, if folks DO show up at their ADR time, they run the risk of getting little or no desserts at the dessert party? Why would WDW tell someone to show up an hour past the start of the party? If we go in the future, at least we're armed with this information, but it just seems wrong that they would give you an ADR time that could be after the desserts have all been eaten! If they replenish the desserts, this wouldn't be an issue. But I would be @!#^*@!#*^#*^@# :furious: if I paid that much for a dessert buffet and showed up at the time they told me to, only to find out that the buffet has been picked over and nothing is left!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!