1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Information

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Hunclemarco, May 23, 2012.

1. Jasperann

Jasperann DIS Veteran

How much is the dessert party for Adults/Children? Is it the same price for everyone? Does time of year change the price? We are waiting for May dates.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MegN529

MegN529 Mouseketeer

Waiting for mid-April dates to open up!

4. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

Waiting for May dates here too! From what I understand, the earliest that may be available is the beginning of March. Cant wait!

5. ArthurFiggis

ArthurFiggis Mouseketeer

I still haven't been able to make a reservation for the second week of January. Is it just not being done because it's a slow time of year? Does it fill up that fast? I even talked to someone last week and they couldn't get me a reservation.

Edit--Ok, so I tried it again and just kept increasing the number in my party for the heck of it. Apparently, there's only room for a party of 4 on January 6, 2013. No other numbers, just 4?

6. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

I was able to make a ressie for jan 16 in the last couple of wks and was very surprised it was available.

7. Escape Artist

Escape Artist Planning another getaway

Totally understand your feelings. I'd really like to switch my dates from a Friday to Wednesday in January, but once you're booked, there's no flexibility. I wish there was a better way, too, but those empty seats were all paid for, so Disney is holding them in case those people show up. I really hate it that my Disney trip is less special because of people who overbook their vacations and clearly don't care about the money they're wasting (I can only imagine that!), and waste opportunities that others of us would dearly love to have. It's so rude!

Disney fans - if you have a reservation and you're not going to use it - CANCEL IT and make the space available for someone else! And PP, talk to MK guest relations about having to pay for that extra seat - that is crazy! This reservation system isn't working as well as it should be.

8. Tink415

Tink415 DIS Veteran

I should clarify. On Dec. 14th there were several tables where parties that had booked didn't show up, but there were many more entire sections of tables not booked at all for the dessert party (no name card on the tables). There were plenty of empty tables not paid for, close to or maybe more than the number of tables that were occupied.

I'm guessing reservations are setup so there are a set number of tables for each party size and when full that's it. I didn't know if the dessert party takes walk ups any longer, and I didn't want to chance not getting a table.
    Anyway, I did love the castle show and seeing Tinkerbell fly by close up!

9. Gary M

Gary M DIS Veteran

DW and I had reserved and paid for the dessert party on Dec. 14. We both have valid AP's. When we got to the turnstiles at the MK at about 7:30 pm, they wouldn't let us into the park. We were told we need to buy a ticket to MVMCP in order to enter the park. I showed them our confirmation for the party and
    were still refused admission. We were staying CL at the GF. We went to the concierge desk at a little after 8:00 pm and were credited to our credit card the cost of the dessert party ($51.10). I have e-mailed guest relations at WDW about the situation we found ourselves in. I'm looking for nothing more than them fixing this problem for others in the future.

We have attended the dessert party in the past with no problems.

10. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

You do need a ticket to MVMCP Or MNSSHP if your reservation for the dessert party falls in one of those party dates. Disney shouldn't let you in without a ticket, I agree with them there, BUT they should coordinate the dates better within their own website/CMs booking the DP and give a big warning that if you are attending the DP during one if those days you are obligated to purchase the hard ticketed event.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. Gary M

Gary M DIS Veteran

I agree they shouldn't let us into the MVMCP without paying for it, but as you said they should coordinate the events better. To be honest we aren't that interested in MVMCP and would have just attended the dessert party and left the MK after the fireworks.

The truth is we didn't know it was MVMCP that night, we hadn't even thought about it, because we weren't interested in attending it. I believe there were empty tables at the dessert party that night (according to what others said) because of our situation or who wants to pay for a hard ticket besides the cost of the dessert party just for the fireworks party. We have AP's and have for years. I'm not the kind of person trying to get away with something, without paying for it.

12. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

February is OPEN!!!party:

13. puppawuppa

puppawuppa Earning My Ears

Woohoo, just booked for Feb 10th. I can't wait !! º0º

14. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

If you would like to check the 3rd link in my signature from time to time, there is a running list of who is going on what date...if you'd like to have a DIS-Meet, Let me know and i'll post that information on there as well. :thumbsup2

15. browerjs

browerjs Mouseketeer

I just saw that feb opened in the the feb thread, and got a reservation for 4 on 2/3. I hadn't even heard of the dessert party before. I did make my reservation for 7:20 instead of 7:00, did I mess up by not getting the earliest time?

16. Hunclemarco

Hunclemarco DIS Veteran

I don't believe so, it's the time the reservation is made that counts I think :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

17. rackerlee92

rackerlee92 Mouseketeer

I was just able to book Feb 1, party of 4 at 7:15.

I first tried to book via phone CM, but was told no openings. I had to have my DH book via website (I'm not able to get on to the website from my work computer) and he was able to make the ressie!

I also have a dessert party ressie for 1/28/13, but will cancel it later this afternoon. Our first choice was 2/1 (it's our last night at WDW), but I took the 1/28 earlier when Jan opened so that we would have something - just in case.

thanks for all of the help!!

18. carolinakk

carolinakk Mouseketeer

I just made an ADR for the dessert party weds feb 6th. I did it for 7:20. We have a dinner ADR at Tony's at 6pm. Hopefully we won't be pushing it too close.

19. fab5friend99

fab5friend99 Mouseketeer

How do you book on the website? I can't find the dessert party since the website changed.

20. rackerlee92

rackerlee92 Mouseketeer

I had to put it in the search bar in the upper right hand corner. I think I put in the entire name: Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. The event came up and then had to click on Make Reservation.

Good luck!

21. Mainebound

Mainebound DIS Veteran

This is a super helpful thread. Thank you all!

We are looking into this for our Feb vacation. On the night we are thinking of, there is only the one parade, at 7:00pm, then Wishes at 8:00. Times open are 7:00 and 7:15 for the Tomorrowland Terrace Party. I guess we would have to miss the parade to do this? Is that correct? Thanks for any info!