Tomato assistance needed...

Discussion in 'Flower & Garden Forum' started by zurgswife, Jul 18, 2004.

1. zurgswife

zurgswife WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett

OK....we are growing a few tomatoes in pots.....just noticed today that some of the leaves were beginning to curl upwards together...almost looking dead....then the few tomatoes that have started to grow have flat bottoms that looked mildewed.....what might my problems be and are they fixable...???

Thanks gang...

2. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

The flat bottomed tomatoes could possibly be "blossom end rot" Usually you don't notice it until you go to pick a gorgeous tomoto and then you see the bottom. I know that I've gotten good tomatoes from the same plants, but I believe it comes from watering that hasn't been consistent. It seems that I've most often gotten it when they've had too much water. Cherry tomatoes don't seem to get it.

By the way, have you posted pictures from the end of your mulch project? I haven't seen them, and I thought I did look.

Bobbi:D

3. zurgswife

zurgswife WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett

Thanks for the info.....we had some really heavy rains the past few weeks....

I never posted picks....got really busy...I'll try to take some now to let you guys see how it turned out....