Toll question

I am not going to get into a contest about who has been here, on the boards, handing out advice, longer. It's useless.
BUT....I have worked in 'retail' also. Have done so for at least 45 years, off and on. And I understand the behaviour of JohnQ public. And you know what??? What seems incredibly simple to you, may be mind boggling to the first time renter, who is worried about messing something up, or who is stressed to the limit after a 6 hr flight with screaming children. Yes, people ask the same question over and over...and yes, sometimes they misunderstand what you have said. And yes, I can understand being frustrated, but in all reality??? It's customer service, you're working with basically an uninformed public. You need to take a patience pill and paste that smile on your face. It's no different than a guest at WDW asking a CM what time the 3:00 parade starts...and yes, they do that. Or the guest who asks how to get to the Castle, when they're standing right in front of it!!! That's just part of the job.

Was not trying to get into a contest with you, not in the least. It appears that both you and I have been in the same line of work for about the same amount of time. I do understand the stress level and misunderstanding. I know it is customer service and I know that customers ask about the 3pm parade.
I do take a couple of patience pills every day and I do smile and I do try to understand that not everyone takes the time to write down what they have rented, what flight they are leaving on, how to get to their destination or to do a mapquest before they leave the house. I think what really frustrates me is the rudeness and the entitlement mentality and lack of common sense.
I just needed to "vent" Sorry about highjacking this thread with my rant. Have a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter