Told the kids about the WDW Xmas Trip using the Advent Calendar

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by marcgiu, Dec 5, 2012.

1. marcgiu

marcgiu Marcgiu

We are flying out on the 14th to WDW for Xmas – We managed to keep the trip a secret all year from my 5 and 9 year old sons (from Feb). ;)

My DW decided to tell them using a handmade advent calendar in the shape of an xmas tree (on the back of a door) – in day one (the trunk) we put together a folder of our trip plans using pictures (my youngest is Autistic so visual aids work well)

When they opened it they went Crazy :dance3: – so nice to see their reaction. We love Disney but sometimes lose sight of how Kids must see it – fingers crossed for a great trip :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disneynutinlondon

Disneynutinlondon <font color=blue>It's been such a blast with all t

How wonderful what a fantastic idea ...... and not long to go now as well :goodvibes

4. jen_uk

jen_uk <font color=6666cc>Eurovision Nut !!<font color=33

Fab way of telling them! Hope you have a great trip :cool1:

5. lilsk8nmac

lilsk8nmac Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

This is great. I love it! :) I hope your family has a wonderful trip.

6. queendisney

queendisney DIS Veteran

Firstly, well done for keeping it secret for so long, that must have been so difficult.

It must have been so good watching their reaction. I hope you all have a wonderful time out there, its certainly magical with all the decorations etc up all over the place. Make sure you go and see the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian..and all the other decorations/trees in the delux hotels. I love the one in the Wilderness Lodge..
    Happy Christmas to you all.:)

7. marcgiu

marcgiu Marcgiu

Thanks - we are really looking forward to it , seems strange it being so close:thumbsup2

We have breakfast booked in the Grand Floridian on xmas eve so will defo check out the Gingerbread house:woohoo: