Tokyo Disney Trip Report April 2011

Discussion in 'Tokyo Disneyland' started by vettegirl, Apr 21, 2011.

1. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

Greetings fellow Diser! My name is Lori and my DH had the pleasure of vacationing in Yokohama this month will also trips to Tokyo, Tokyo Disneyland, and various areas on the coast. I will focus this trip report on my experiences at the Disney stores in the Tokyo/Yokohama area and from our day trip to Tokyo DL. This was a last minute decision to go to the park, as our original plan was to visit Tokyo DisneySea for a day. However as you all know it was not open on the 15th. My DH went to high school in Yokohama and his family had the pleasure of living 6 great years there. We are so glad we did not cancel our vacation as it could not have been any better! The cherry blossoms were at their peak, the radiation levels were not dangerous in anyway in the area we visited, and the weather was perfect. We were in a few aftershocks, but never once felt as if we were in danger.

My first dose of Disney was on day 2 of the trip, when we were wandering around Shibuya and came across the cutest Disney store I have ever been in. The merchandise was too cute, and it was funny to see Stitch have a little girlfriend as this was a first for me. One thing lacking were there were not any t-shirts, apparel etc. For how big the store was there was not a lot in there. However it was like 4 stories and it was fun checking out the theming in the store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Disney was promoting a new bear called the University Bear!

The Easter stuff was so darn cute!

[​IMG]

I love Stitch, he's my fav! He is also huge in Japan!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love this, it was in one of the hallways upstairs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stitch and his little girlfriend :goodvibes

[​IMG]

Shot of Shibuya

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DISNEYaddict4evr

DISNEYaddict4evr Now some person I don't even know reminds me there

Thanks for sharing... that store front is amazing! I can't wait to go I am going to buy so much useless crap it is going to be awesome! Can't wait tto see more... subscribed :surfweb:

4. vettegirl

We arrived at DL Resort on April 15th a little after 0800. The park was already open when we arrived. The train station is just a few steps away from the DL hotel and DL. Very convenient!

[​IMG]

The entrance to the park was filled with media from all over including CNN, to showcase the parks opening since the earthquake. Micky was out front taking pictures with guests. The entrance had really elaborate Easter decorations.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The first ride we went to was Monsters Inc., as I read this was a not to be missed ride. We walked right on and loved the ride. It was much better than the one at DL in California, which is still good, but this one is amazing!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Right next door was an old favorite Space Mountain. The beginning of the ride was really cool and kind of creepy. :thumbsup2 Two thumbs up!

[​IMG]

Then from there it was on to Pooh's Honey Hut. The would not allow cameras during the ride, but I must say it was worth the price of admission. It was better than we ever could have imagined!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Small World! Outside reminded my of DL in California, but the colors were more bright.
    [​IMG]

This was the cutest vending machine I have ever seen, outside the Queen's Banquet Hall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was in love with all the themed Easter eggs spread throughout the park. I think I found them all.

[​IMG]

After this we headed over to Critter Country, and rode Splash Mountain. I loved the fact there was a restaurant in the Splash Mountain area, too bad the menu had nothing I was willing to eat :mad: Oh well, still very cute theme. Splash Moutain was good as always, except we it was in Japanese. Some of the songs were in English though. We had our own boat, which was cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. vettegirl

And down we go. They don't call it Splash Mountain for nothing, I was sprayed in the face :lmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My favorite Easter Egg!!!!

[​IMG]

Coming Up Bear Country!!

6. DISNEYaddict4evr

WOW! it looked like you had a great time. How awesome it wasn't very buy that must had made it very easy to see the park. The eggs are super cute too! Any tips on a game plan for a person who only has one day for each park?

7. vettegirl

I am not sure as far as tips because it was deserted when we were there. I would assume to arrive early and not go on a weekend.

8. Corbisblue

Corbisblue Mouseketeer

Awesome report! I'm glad to see people heading to the parks despite everything happening in Japan.

9. vettegirl

Hungry Bear Restaurant. Very different menu compared to the DL in Anaheim. No burgers just curry :lmao:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stitch Egg!
    [​IMG]

I loved the Stitch Tiki Room it was so cute. Stitch was huge though, kind of scary.

Pirate Egg
    [​IMG]

POTC and Blue Bayou were both closed when we were there. I was really wanting to eat lunch there, as I love the Blue Bayou at DL.

[​IMG]

At this point I was starving so settled for a churro. I tell you the food choices are very limited there.

[​IMG]

Easter Decor! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I loved the castle, I think it's the best Disney Castle I have ever seen, but a very close tie to DL Paris.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CMs wearing bunny ears :goodvibes

[​IMG]

10. BecBennett

BecBennett Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Wow, that's some amazing themeing! I love the vending machine! :lovestruc

11. DISNEYaddict4evr

:eek: i would have to concur the easter theming is amazing

12. tofubeast

tofubeast DIS Veteran

LOVE your pictures. The theme'ing is so amazing. Those eggs are adorable. Did you do the Easter egg hunt? What a cute idea. Wish we saw more of this stuff here in the U.S.

I so look forward to visiting TDL and DS one day..when that day will be is unknown!

13. weakqueen99

weakqueen99 Earning My Ears

I love that picture. It very nice. My kid said: That's wonderful place I want go up.:banana:

14. scrump

scrump <font color=royalblue>so the decision has been mad

Thanks for sharing! Awesome pics! I would love to go again!

15. mikelan6

mikelan6 World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

Thanks so much for the TR! I loved the pics.

16. rmorrison100

rmorrison100 Earning My Ears

wow! Really like it!

17. rmorrison100

rmorrison100 Earning My Ears

We'll be there again soon.

18. vettegirl

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I have do have more pictures to post and will do that real soon.

19. Disneyfreak616

Disneyfreak616 DIS Veteran

Great job! I would love to visit Tokyo DL someday! The castle IS gorgeous!

20. petals

petals Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the pic of the disney store front.
    Stitches girlfriend is called Angel :) Luvin all the park pics so cool to see pics from a different park.

21. danceintherain

danceintherain DIS Veteran

I'm very excited to read the rest of your TR. I'm pushing DH to spend the money on Tokyo Disney some time while we're stationed in Korea. I think I almost have him on my side. We didn't go to Disneyland Paris while we were in Europe, and I'm totally kicking myself for that one.