Toddler Wrist Harness

My dd is 12 so things have been upgraded a bit but we had a wrist attached harness that my DD loved to disconnect from her wrist when I wasn't looking so when we went to disney and I was distracted I would attach it to the back loop of her jeans no worries for me and freedom for her to "roam" yes I got the looks but I didn't care with so much going it was for my piece of mind that she was secure

I have never understood why some look down upon these safety devices. I realize more than ever now that I have twins what great invention these are.

That is a great tip to attach to belt loop! Thanks!

Thanks to this thread it really got me thinking about going ahead and purchasing the harnesses. We won't be going to WDW for 8 months, but I can start using them here as we live by the beach:)

I decided on the backpack harness version. My twins love them. One is a monkey and the other is a puppy. They look so cute with their little backpacks. The handle part (where the parent holds) is very soft, too.

Just my opinion.

I have never understood why some look down upon these safety devices. I realize more than ever now that I have twins what great invention these are.

That is a great tip to attach to belt loop! Thanks!

Some people say that it's like treating your child like an animal by putting them on a leash. If anyone says that to you- ask them if they used a crib for their child because isn't that like a dog crate?

Both things are tools to keep children safe. Keeping my children safe is much more important than the opinions of strangers. :goodvibes

Some people say that it's like treating your child like an animal by putting them on a leash. If anyone says that to you- ask them if they used a crib for their child because isn't that like a dog crate?

Both things are tools to keep children safe. Keeping my children safe is much more important than the opinions of strangers. :goodvibes

Nicely said:thumbsup2

I would recommend a full harness over the wrist ones (even if you could find them). When DD20 & DD18 were younger, the only thing you could get was a wrist harness, but as mentioned, the girls didn't like having them attached to an arm and tried to get out of them. I used them everywhere and got the looks, but didn't care because my child was safe with me.

Now when DD10 & DS5 were both younger, we used the full harness and it never bothered them, plus it is too hard to get out of so they don't really try. I also feel that you have better control since the "leash" is attached to the back rather than to the arm. Again, we got alot of looks, but it didn't bother me. I have heard of too many children who were lost or taken and I would rather be safe.

The funny thing is that my DMom and DH both remember having a full harness when they were little. DH said his mom attached him to the closeline when she was hanging laundry so he could run, but not run away which he was good at. When I was little, then didn't have them. But I figure they brought them back for a reason.

We have the goldbug child safety harness and you can see it on the Walmart site. Its a little soft toy - dog/bear/monkey etc which cuddles the back of the child like a little backpack. Its lovely as its so cute and the "tail" attaches to the back so it doesn't pull on the childs chest.

I can't post a link as it says my post count is too low!

Its $10 in the US ( I paid the equivalent of $40 here! Grrrrrr!!!! ) so quite good value.

Lx

We have these also, and LOVE them. We got the monkey and dog at Wal-Mart for $10. My kids love them too because they feel like they are wearing a backpack. There is a little zipper pouch on the back of them also. They aren't real big but for my two year old it is the perfect size for his binki. I would highly recommend these!!!!

i got 1 for £1 over here in the uk but my son hates it bein and refuses to walk when its on him :sad2:

That is an AWESOME responce! I am going to remember that comment! :thumbsup2

When we took our granddaughter to WDW we bought her a harness from BabiesRUs. It was a cute little pink purse that had a leash that attached to the back of it. She did really well in the stroller, but when we let her out to stretch her legs we gave her the purse which went across her shoulder and the clipped the leash to it. It cost about $20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter