Toddler and Fantasmic! or Sci-Fi...

LadyLaLa

Mouseketeer
I've searched the forums and I see a lot of people saying to skip Fantasmic! and Sci-fi Diner if you have a toddler. :wizard:

I took that advice for our last trip however we ended up taking him to Indiana Jones and he loved it. He wasn't scared of fireworks and frankly, he loves to be scared. He thinks its hilarious when people jump out and scare him and when my uncle chases him with a vacuum cleaner...o_O

So, I'm curious... does anyone have a toddler that wasn't phased by Fantasmic! or Sci-fi Diner? I want to hear from you! I just booked a F! package at Mama Melrose (lunch).

we went this year with my DS who had just turned 4
He loved Fantasmic! he was a little quiet at times but never scared
we were sitting quite far away from the stage though
didn't go to the sci-fi diner, so can't comment on that

In April we did Fantasmic with our three boys, the youngest two being 2.5 and 4 years old at the time. They enjoyed Fantasmic and weren't scared.

Interested as well...we've got MM F! Lunch too, but I'm wondering how it will go with my 22 month old. Not to mention 8pm is normal bedtime. Could be a recipe for disaster, but we all want to see it!

So my DD was not scared of anything from ages 1-3. We go at least annually and she loved the fireworks, dark rides, Sci Fi Drive in etc. This last trip - at 3 yr 9 mos. - she was terrified of the loud noises due to fireworks. We ended up having to goto the Monsters Inc show bc she was so freaked out by the fireworks. We have another trip scheduled for Dec and I think I am going to find earphones / plugs so we can watch the fireworks.

Ultimately, my point is you just never know what can set off your little one. I say go for it but be prepared to leave if your child can't handle it.

I would guess that Sci Fi is ok if your kid doesn't get scared at TV / movies easily. I would skip that restaurant mostly bc of the food though ;)

Ultimately, my point is you just never know what can set off your little one. I say go for it but be prepared to leave if your child can't handle it.

Children do like to keep us on our toes!... Just when we think we've got them figure out.

I would guess that Sci Fi is ok if your kid doesn't get scared at TV / movies easily. I would skip that restaurant mostly bc of the food though ;)

I looked at their menu and wasn't impressed. We decided to do the Minnie Holiday Dine with Fantasmic.

We're taking DS 4 for the first time with a Minnie's Fantasmic package too. Might let him watch it on youtube before to see how he reacts?

If he likes being scared, probably no issue. My youngest had a full on meltdown in Fantasmic & she was 6. She was also creeped out (to a lesser extent) at Indiana Jones though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter