Toddler Activities on CC

MamaCrush

DIS Veteran
What do the little ones (i.e., 3 yr old DD) do on Castaway Cay? I assume they're shaded, etc. and I read somewhere that they're not taken into the water. For safety reasons, I just assumed we'd keep her with us-- and we probably still will. But if I can slip away for an "adult beverage" with DH on the adult beach for an hour or so, that would be fun, too!

We spent the morning with our 3 year old. All she wanted to do was play in the sand. We wanted to go snorkling and go visit the adult beach (though we never made it there) so after lunch we dropped her off. I figured if all she wanted to do was play in the sand someone else could watch her play in the sand. I have no clue what they actually did, but when we went to go check on her later, she was sitting under a bridge with musical instruments and singing songs. So cute. If I recall they did have shaded areas, but the whole area was not shaded. She seemed to have fun though.

traveled w/ DS 4 & DS 2. had them with us...one thing we did, that they both really enjoyed was the bike ride! they have bikes with seats in the back for toddlers. and we got 2 bikes, DH rode one with DS4 in the back, and me with DS2 in the back. they really enjoyed it! it was nice & relaxing. and we checked out the airplane. saw the beautiful beach scenery at the end. and on the way back, they fell asleep! it was a very nice excursion, and our whole family really enjoyed it together! :wave2:

The Oceaneer's Club has a special area Scuttle's Cove on CC for the little ones. They play in the sand and have sprinklers and stuff to play with and planned activities. Be sure to verify the times and activities in the Kid's Navigator. I think they close around 3:30 to allow the counselors to transition back to the ship.

They have some shade but be sure to thoroughly sunscreen your kids first.

hi, CM_Mom! just wanted to say hello, and to see how your trip was! i'm sure it was "magic-al"!!!!!!!! and you got to spend time with your DD, from the club! :wave2:

Hi rsjj,

Yes the trip was Magical. I've started some trip reports but came home and got sick so they've been delayed. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the reports over the weekend. It was fun seeing where DD worked and getting a view of her World.

FYI, she's already looking forward to going back. There's not enough breeze when she lays out in the back yard like there is on deck and her bed doesn't rock her to sleep like the ship does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter