Today's Gripe Thread

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
I remortgaged last month and thought that my old mortgage and HELOC were paid off. I got a bill yesterday for the Home Equity for $17.52. It seems that my new bank wanted to do me a favor by recalculating the payoff figures so I wouldn't be owed anything after the old loans were paid off. They calculated them wrong and now I owe the $17 on one account and $130 on the other. I will pay what's due, but I thought it was behind me. So, now I'm off to the other bank to really pay off the accounts now. Heck, my time isn't valuable anyway. :rolleyes:

What's your gripe du jour?

Just got a "special assessment" from Condo Association for excessive "snow removal and insurance costs." Funny, they managed to find $40,000 to blow on the Taj Mahal of all storage sheds.

I'm sick of hay fever, sick of work, sick of Boston and have to wait 52 more days till I'm with the Mouse.

of being unappreciated!
But I'm sure I'll get over it by tomorrow!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by barbeml
Just got a "special assessment" from Condo Association for excessive "snow removal and insurance costs." Funny, they managed to find $40,000 to blow on the Taj Mahal of all storage sheds.

Barb--We just got one as well. I'll bet we have the same property management company.

The thing that burns me is that they have OBVIOUSLY known about this for months and now send a notice requiring payment in a month as opposed to stretching it out ovre several. I know of a few families that this is going to be a hardship for, who probably could have handled it a lot easier if they had a little notice.

Also, we were NEVER plowed/shoveled out until at least 24 hours after the storm last year. In every case eeryone on our block worked together to shovel the streets and driveways. in one case we all pitched in $20 a family to have a guy plow the street. no one would answer at teh property management office, and we felt that an emergency vehicle would never get down the street.

Anne
Anne

People who don't like their job and take it out on me :mad: :mad: :mad: I work in a new office that shares a doctor with an office that has been open for years. At the old office there is an office person who HATES her job and everytime I call there for anything she takes it out on me. I've spoken w/my boss about the problem (not because she is nasty to me but because our patients have talked to her and then complained about her to me) but he can't do anything until his partner retires next year because his partner thinks she's cute :rolleyes: .
Grrrrrr

My gripe today:

I signed up to be a volunteer for dd's class. It's once a week. It's A VOLUNTEER position. I am sharing a day with someone who will help out on my day "when her schedule allows." I call her today. Her number is disconnected. We only signed up LAST WEEK. In one week, she has changed her #. Now not only do I not know when this person will be able to help out, I don't know how to reach her.

If she wasn't going to have the time, why did she bother to volunteer in the first place? I swear some parents feel they have to do it all. It's a volunteer position. sign up for a different "job" if you can't commit to something every week (and get your # to work while you are at it!).

OK, I'm done! :)

We got ANOTHER letter two days ago from the HOA saying we needed to 'remove our trashcans from the community view'. DH called the head of the HOA..no answer. Looks like we're in for a long, hard fight...*sigh*

Gayle(UDB)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter