Today's (07/19) Show...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was hosting a party for over 500 people in 3 days, no matter how much advance planning I had done, I'm quite sure there would be a ton of last minute stuff to do.

This post brought back terrible flashbacks from the annual fundraising dinners I was involved with when I worked for a non-profit.
We had plenty of time to plan these things, but no matter how hard we worked in the months and weeks before the event, the whole office ended up working 12-14 hour days right before the event. I think my favorite was my last year working there, the day before the dinner I worked 12-13 hours in the office, grabbed dinner, went to my sister's apartment, and spent another hour working on the guest lists while trying to eat my dinner.
I do not miss planning big events and I do not envy the team right now.

I made concessions on Pete being sick on the last cancellation but this should have been announced way earlier than the day of the show.

The dis meet has been in the works for months now. They should be well prepared for the event by now and getting everyones credentials in order

Sorry if i come across cantankerous but I was eagerly awaiting this show for details about the meet, the auction, and recent events.

I don't remember this many show cancellations in prior years.

I just don't get that you can do 5 minutes for a daily fix but Pete couldn't give me like 45 minutes for a show today
Ok I seriously snorted at this. I am being very serious. Have you ever planned a large event. Not like a birthday party but like a large convention or anything that has more than 30 people? I have been involved in putting together conventions and extremely large service projects. I was never in charge, just part of the team that helped bring things about. The week before you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off. The stress does not end until you are actually done. I am bummed the show is not happening as well, but I completely understand what they are going through.

Ok I seriously snorted at this. I am being very serious. Have you ever planned a large event. Not like a birthday party but like a large convention or anything that has more than 30 people? I have been involved in putting together conventions and extremely large service projects. I was never in charge, just part of the team that helped bring things about. The week before you are running around like a chicken with your head cut off. The stress does not end until you are actually done. I am bummed the show is not happening as well, but I completely understand what they are going through.
I planned my own "small" wedding (80 guests) and you better believe I was organizing ceremony music at 1am the night before

I planned my own "small" wedding (80 guests) and you better believe I was organizing ceremony music at 1am the night before
I had about the same at my wedding and I was so stressed and busy. I forgot to make boutineers and corsages. So at 48 hours before the ceremony, my MIL and her husband were in the kitchen helping me. So glad my wedding is over. Almost to 9 years!!!!

I wish , I will be stuck in south jersey going to a bday party at Sahara SAMs
Oh! so specifics for the DISmeet events probably isn't make or break for you then?
I'm sure, as someone mentioned earlier, that the details for next Tuesday's show will be announced on the daily fix, facebook, twitter etc. anything specific to the event doesn't apply to poor souls like us who aren't able to attend.

Oh drat I just realized I forgot to buy my flattie yesterday! NOOOOOO.

Last edited:
Oh drat I just realized I forgot to by my flattie yesterday! NOOOOOO.
Oh no!! I almost did the same thing. I got mine Sat night at 11:50 ish. I haven't seen my flattie yet but hopefully I have joined the fun. I wasn't sure if I should have put my DIS name but went for my real one. So hopefully my Sarah Flatty will get to hung with all the flattie( autocorrect keeps switching flattie to fatty)and Disneysteve, Tom, and Friends. I still want Finley and Ferris to sign it for me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter