To stay or not split stay, that is the question...

poly princess

Mouseketeer
Hello...

Prince charming and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary and my 40th birthday in September. We are torn between resorts. Can someone tell us about their experience on split stay? Any suggestions? We are thinking about staying Poly and Beach Club.

Thanks!
Bex

Hi. I have only done split stay once. We stayed 2 nights at POP, then a week at CSR. We only really did this because the 2 nights at the beginning were an add-on afterthought.

I have to say that I found it a bit of a bummer to have to move mid-stay. But I am a get there, unpack immediately type of person. While I like to try the different resorts, I don't think I would split stay again.

How long will you be at WDW? IMO, a split stay would only be worth it if you are staying 10 days or longer. I personally would not want to move mid stay, but if I were doing 5 days at one and 5 days at another, that's a decent time to justify unpacking some at each resort. I'm the type of person that wants to check-in and not take care of anymore business like that until check-out, so I think its more of a hassle than its worth, to me at least!

I did a 3 way split stay with 1 night BC, 2 nights BLT, And last 7 at AKL savanna. It was challenging, but I was highly motivated to see all of those resorts. Despite my organization, packing and re-packing was not easy. Also, the dining plan was difficult to work. If I do it again, I would do 2 or 3 days and then 7. That would been fine and easy to do. Also consider the luggage takes most of the day to show up at the new resort. Like 6 hours at least.

If just you and spouse should be easy, but I really would do one short and then one longer stay so you actually settle in somewhere. I was traveling with 4 people.

poly princess said:
Hello...

Prince charming and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary and my 40th birthday in September. We are torn between resorts. Can someone tell us about their experience on split stay? Any suggestions? We are thinking about staying Poly and Beach Club.

Thanks!
Bex

We love split stays! We are doing a BC/CR split on our upcoming 7 night stay. Just as things become mundane at the first resort...bing...you get something new to look at. We do not unpack. We take out what we need as we go and shove the dirty clothes in a bag. That way when it is time to change, you have all your clean stuff still packed nicely and you chuck the dirty clothes bag in and slam the case shut ang go...easy. And I do this with 2 kids along too...

We also plan park days around where we are staying. When we are at BC we will concentrate on Epcot/DHS/AK with most meals at Epcot. When we switch to CR it will be Club Level with lots of MK.

We LOVE doing split stays! There are so many great resorts, and each one has its perks. I think the two you picked are perfect. Two distinct and great locations.
I always check touring plans.com for the crowd calendar, and decide which parks we will likely go to on which days ( if thats even a factor-sometimes it isn't). We plan dinner ressies based on where we are going to be and always try to remember to save some time to actually enjoy the resorts!
On your switch day, your luggage will be transferred for you, but it takes a while to get there, so plan accordingly. We even pack for the switch. One suitcase for the first resort ( or one section of the suitcase, for shorter trips. I use these http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/76891?feat=203-GN1&page=double-sided-packers-set-of-three to organize by days, so I'm not opening everything up and having to pack it all in a few days.
Have fun!

I am a fan of split stays! Like someone said its a great way to experience resorts! I do not unpack, so its not that hard. In 2010 we stayed at WL for 7 nights then POP for 4 nights! I will admit the family was a bit down leaving the deluxe for a value but they survived! :rotfl: As a side note we did tit that way because we were celebrating our b-days at the WL. :) In 2012 we stayed at CR for a week then went on a DCL for 3 nights then 1 night at the Movies. This year we are staying at OKW for 4 nights and BWV for 6 nights. ( As a girls seceret we are going 1 day early and staying in a little mermaid room, LOL ) :thumbsup2

We love split-stays! And if you don't overpack it's really not hard. For us, it's a treat to get to experience 2 resorts instead of one.

As for Poly/BC I think it's a great choice since you will have great access to the MK, Epcot and DHS! I think you'll have a great time! :goodvibes

I do split stays many times on trips of 10+ days. For a week I don't. So it would depend on how long the trip is wether I would split or not.

Split stays are easy peasy! What we do is unpack then put all of the dirty clothes into a suitcase as we dirty them. When you move resorts, one suitcase is already packed!

Unpacking/packing/unpacking/packing isn't that big of a deal....really, it's not. We did a 4/2/2 split last summer and are doing a 4/4 split this summer. I say go for it!

I did a 3 way split once lol....it was SO EASY. It was going to be just a 2 way split, but we added a night and needed an extra room. They bring your luggage for you, they take care of everything, very easy!

We're doing another split this time but only the last night since we're leaving at about 4:00 AM (our flight back to Boston is at 7:00 AM yikes!) so we're going to leave the Contemporary and move over to ASMu for the last night, why waste the 325 extra dollars? I mean that's a lot of souvenirs I can waste my money on lol. ;)

Have a great trip and congrats on your anniversary and Happy Birthday!

Hi!

We recently did a split stay at BC then changed over to AKL.

We loved staying at 2 different resorts! Our next trip is including 3 different resorts!
The change over was easy, we got up as usual, bell services took our bags and we headed out to a park, when we had enough we went to our new resort and checked in, it worked out fine!

Highly recommend it! Gives you a chance to try different resorts too!

Love Rikkilee from Aus! :goodvibes

we are debating a split stay as well. it would be poly/cr and then maybe an airport hotel if our flight is super early. wouldnt want to waste the money on cr tpv and leave at 4am :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter