To PREFER or NOT PREFER, that is the question ...

PrincessOliviasMom

Mouse Fanatic
We are staying at ASMu in September and 2 other families will be traveling with us. We booked a preferred room and they both booked standards. I was told today there are not any more preferred rooms available ... would it make more sense for us to stay preferred or should we switch to standard to be closer to our friends (our agent linked our reservations together so we're considered a "grand gathering")? Your thoughts?

As a side note ... we stayed at ASMu last year in the Calypso building and never went much farther than that other than to view the piano pool since the guitar pool was very close to us.

We are staying at ASMu in September and 2 other families will be traveling with us. We booked a preferred room and they both booked standards. I was told today there are not any more preferred rooms available ... would it make more sense for us to stay preferred or should we switch to standard to be closer to our friends (our agent linked our reservations together so we're considered a "grand gathering")? Your thoughts?

As a side note ... we stayed at ASMu last year in the Calypso building and never went much farther than that other than to view the piano pool since the guitar pool was very close to us.

Sometimes at the values you pay for preferred but don't get it anyway! Watch out for that one! Everytime we've paid for the regular room we ended up with the best room at the resort! When I paid for preferred at first they'd try to stick us in the back far far away from everything, so personally I'd say pay for the regular room. If you hate it when you get there then upgrade!

At the values, preferred buildings are closer to the Main Building/Pool/Food Court. However, these resorts are not too spread out, so the walk to the main building will not be that long. Plus, for some, closer to the pool and main building also means closer to the noisy areas.

I'd say switch to standard. If you're planning to do things together, it will be easier, and that convenience could be more valuable. If you have kids, they'll probably also enjoy having their pals closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!