To Pal Mickey or not to Pal Mickey... that is the question

We also have a 1.0 version. What is the difference? I was under the impression that when we return to the parks on our next trip (in three weeks!) Pal Mickey will automatically upgrade his information. Is the 1.1 or 2.0 version that different?

eileenfk said:
I like him. He has flaws, but is still fun.

If you are traveling after May 5, you will be able to purchase the new (significantly improved) version 2.0 Pal.

If Traveling before May 5, you might be able to pick up a used Pal on eBay (although the savings doesn't really look worth it to me).

If you do buy on eBay, be careful.
Most of the Pals (on eBay) are the older 1.0 version.
A few are the current 1.1 version.
Ask the seller which version before buying.

If you buy a Pal, and don't like him, you can re-sell him on eBay, and recover a significant percent of your cost.
You might even get lucky and profit.
I saw one Pal sell for $79, with multiple bidders bidding over current retail.
Mostly they go closer to $33-$51, with the version 1.1 usually ending higher then the 1.0. Shipping is usually $8-$11, the Pal that sold for $51 had free shipping.

- Eileen

We will be there from April 24-30th; does that mean if I buy one, it will still be the old version? I'd hate to buy something that is about to be replaced with an upgraded version just a few days later. It's bad enough that we'll be there just before 'Soarin' opens.

saberry said:
We will be there from April 24-30th; does that mean if I buy one, it will still be the old version? I'd hate to buy something that is about to be replaced with an upgraded version just a few days later. It's bad enough that we'll be there just before 'Soarin' opens.

The official release date was May 5, but they actually put him on the shelf yesterday.
So you are in luck

(There are multiple other posts mentioning this fact)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter