To HS or not to HS?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by epholdsteady, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Miranda Danda

Miranda Danda DIS Veteran

HS is my DD4's favorite park, by far! So much to do and the theming is great! :) We spent 2.5 days there on our last trip.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. michsig

michsig DIS Veteran

We went to HS on our first trip .. didn't go on our last trip, but I would like to go there on our next trip! I know we will end up spending like half a day there, just to visit the park since it's been awhile!

4. mowatm

mowatm Earning My Ears

I say go for it! If they don't care for it, then you can leave! But you don't want to head home wondering if you should have gone!

5. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

I would skip HS. HS is a half day park for us at most. We visit The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Great Movie Ride (is there is a short line) Characterpalooza and that's all, we're out of there :) We can skip the park easily

6. bookluvingbabe

bookluvingbabe Mouseketeer

My 5 year old doesn't know any of the Disney Jr. characters. He doesn't know Star Wars or Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast. I just don't think he'd get most of DHS.

We're going in December for Osborne Lights and to say that we've done all 4 parks. We will probably try to do the Muppets too but he hates the 3D glasses.

7. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

As you can see from the wide variety of PP responses...it depends on your kids! Some little ones love it. Others, not so much. Only you know your kids and can guess how much they'd enjoy it. That said, I would probably give it a shot if you have the days to do it, especially if you have hoppers. You can always do it in the morning, have a nap at the resort, and then visit MK in the evening. If you get there and no one is having a good time...no harm done. You can move on to a different park.

8. LisaBi

LisaBi DIS Veteran

It is my son's favorite park. If he has to choose between Studios and MK, he will pick Studios. The kids all seem to love the Disney Chanel Rocks show. Then like others have mentioned, BATB, Jedi training, Playhouse Disney (or have they changed the name?), Pizza Planet if they are into Toy Story, TSM, Star Tours, lots of characters, Indiana Jones, the cars stunt show,... My son also loves all the street performers.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that last Sept we spent at least part of 5 different days there.

9. jgh

jgh Peter Pan!

I never liked Hollywood Studios much when I was younger. We only ever really went if we were going for 3+ days and we had done the other parks as much as we wanted. I think once we even went a few years without going to HS, and we go to Disney every October!

I would only go if you have a park hopper. I wouldn't be able to spend a whole day there, even now at 20. It's just never been one of my favorites.

Now we only go and hit Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, The Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror and the Rockn'Roller Coaster and we're outta there...back to Epcot or MK. :)

10. Q-man

Q-man DIS Veteran

Does he watch Playhouse Disney? All the Playhouse Disney character meet and greets are at HS. That usually makes HS the preschool crowd's favorite park.