To Dyson or not to Dyson?

I love my DC41 Animal for cleaning floors. I like that I can go from hard wood to carpet easily (just turn off the brushes when you hit the hard wood floors). It's amazing for pulling up cat hair from my rugs.

Downside - I don't care for the hose suction. I have carpeted stairs and can't seem to get enough suction to clean them. I've tried a gazillion times and checked all of the hose areas. I can feel it sucking on my hand, but it pulls NOTHING off the stairs. I also wish the hose would really extend like it shows it does in the pictures. It looks like you can walk very far from your unit with the hose. In reality, the hose yanks the unit right along behind you and often knocks it over. For stairs, I always resort to my 20 year old Hoover, which is still going strong!

I don't have a Dyson or any "fancy" vacuum for that matter, but Consumer Reports rated the LG Kompressor one of the highest if not the highest. I can't remember the exact ratings. For the price, most people prefer the Shark Navigator over the Dyson vacuums...they say they work just as well if not better.

I recently got the Dyson 41 Multi Floor from Target. It is their exclusive red color and so far I love it. They had it on sale from $549 to $399 plus I saved an extra 5% with my Target card. The only difference between it and the Dyson 41 animal is the extra attachment piece that if you really want can buy online for about $70. I believe that they have it on sale until the 21st of this month.

We went together with my DSIL and bought my DMIL a Dyson for Christmas about 6 years ago - she goes through vacuum cleaners like water....

She hated it, and gave it to us.

We have used it for 5 years. However, it makes me sick every time I empty it.

I have HORRIBLE allergies, and it just does not filter very well.

We bought a Rainbow and it does NOT make me sick. I love to use it - the suction is absolutely incredible! It picks up FAR more than the Dyson.

When we made the appointment for the in-home demonstration, I made sure to vacuum every square inch of the carpet where we would be for the demo - I spent 15 minutes going over, and over, and over the area with the Dyson. I knew how expensive Rainbow sweepers are, so I didn't want it to pick up very much! I didn't want to buy one!

However, it blew us away! The Rainbow picked up SO much of what our Dyson left behind.

We still keep our Dyson around for quick pick up needs, but we we are 'cleaning' we always use the Rainbow!

To Dyson! I love my Dyson, it can handle anything, and there are times when we suck up some thing we shouldn't have. Anyone, can figure out how to take apart and reassemble these vacuums! My parents have had there's for over 10 years! It still does the trick even with all the pet hair and bird feathers.

Hated both of mine. Went with a bissell that I will cry when it dies if they don't still sell it. I've never had a better working vacuum than that thing, I was almost a little sad when we tiled our house instead of carpet so now I only use it in the bedrooms.

I got my Dyson (Purple ball animal/asthma) as bonus award from my company. I chose that because I knew I would never buy a $500 vacuum. It has changed my mind! I have had it 3 years and feel like it still works like the day I got it.

I love the wand--being able to take it right out of the back of the vacuum and use it on the stairs, high corners of the walls, behind furniture, curtains, furniture. True--the tubing of the wand is stiff, but it is manageable. I love being able to switch from carpet to hardwood with the push of a button.

My 81 year old grandmother borrowed it and loved it so much, that she went out and bought one exactly like it. It's obviously not too hard to use if she can use it. :thumbsup2

I have an Animal (no clue what model) and have had it for about 8 years now. Love it! Works great on hardwood, tile, carpet, easily going from one to the other, easy to take apart to clean, easy to use the attachments. I'd get one again in a heartbeat.

We have one...not sure which one but I love it and it still works great. I think I've had it for about 5 years.

Definitely DYSON! I have had my upright Dyson animal vacuum (can't remember the exact model, but it's purple) for about 7 years, and I love it! Last year I bought a dc35 stick vacuum. I use my big Dyson once a week for thorough vacuuming and the dc35 for touch-ups and every day vacuuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter