1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

To check-in @ 60 days or wait...that is my question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Dis_Dreamin, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Dis_Dreamin

Dis_Dreamin Mouseketeer

We can officially check-in starting today...what are the benefits of doing online check-in this early vs waiting until the week before we leave? :confused3

FP+ isn't active yet, so I don't really see any reason for it, even though I don't think I'll use FP+ based on most of the current rumors. It won't work for our touring style.

TIA

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

There doesn't seem to be any benefit to waiting until closer to your arrival date. I'd just do it when I had time.
    :surfweb:

4. gorjus121

gorjus121 Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same thing. Good question! As of today it states "online check-in is available" but it won't let me.

5. FancyNancy

FancyNancy DIS Veteran

I'm at 60 days tomorrow and I plan on giving it a try.

6. jlk806

jlk806 DanceDisneyGirl

What is FP+ ? Ive been off these boards for awhile., though I am a Disney fanatic ive just rejoined theboards havent been on since our trip in Sept.

7. Dis_Dreamin

Dis_Dreamin Mouseketeer

FP+ = Fast Pass Plus. A search on these boards will render an endless list of threads speculating what it will and will not be.

8. sportsduck

sportsduck Earning My Ears

We were able to do a 60 day checkin but no mention nor hint of FP+. Since we are AP and staying at a DVC via RCI, guess my chances of being able to participate in FP+ would have been slim to none to begin with but wished WDW would not have rolled out 60 day checkin until everything was truly available as the 60 day checkin has no advantage to the previous practice.

9. Tormania

Tormania Mouseketeer

As a tangent to the OP's original question, does an early check-in actually "reserve" a particular room for you or is it still assigned when you physically get to the resort? And what are the pros/cons of checking in earlier in the day vs later in the day at the resort itself? I know for many folks this is not something that can easily be changed but can you get a "better" room assignment or are more requests able to be honored with any earlier check-in or can you possibly get a Pixie Dust upgrade if you want till later in the day in the event all of the rooms of the type on your reservation have been claimed? Thoughts?

10. AshleeH

AshleeH DIS Veteran

We've done both - never noticed a difference. Whether we checked in early or not, we always had to wait the same amount of time either way.

11. Dis_Dreamin

Dis_Dreamin Mouseketeer

For us, the kicker is that we'll likely be arriving just about 2:30 or 3:00 anyway, barring any significant airline schedule changes, so our room "should" be ready by then. I will likely do online check-in closer to our dates (to be sure I know what time we'll be arriving at the airport). We just want to get there, get our tix, maybe drop our stuff off in the room and head to the parks.