To all those stressing about not being able to get your ressies at 180 days...

cruisingmom1977

Mouseketeer
I just want to point out that at 12:45 est on June 19, 2015 I am able to book the following reservations for a party of 6 for tomorrow morning...

• 1900 PArk Fare: 8:25 am
  • Akershus 8:15 am
  • Be Our Guest 8:00 am and 8:20 am
  • Boma 7:45am 8:00am 8:20 am
  • Chef Mickeys 7:25 am
  • Crystal Palace 8:05 am
  • Kona 7:55am 8:10 am
  • O'Hana 7:50 am 8:25 am
There are more but I think you get the idea. There are probably also a ton of other times but I specifically looked for 8:00 am because I would want pre-park opening. Tons of people cancel 24-48 hours before to avoid the cancellation fee so if you aren't happy with your current restaurants/times, KEEP LOOKING!!

Thanks! This gives me hope that I will eventually be able to get my Akershus breakfast for 6.

Maybe that means I'll be able to move my CM Brunch to dinner the closer I get! Thank you for the encouragement :)

You are awesome for posting this! We aren't on free dining but it is in Nov with free dining and I'm another having a tough time. I'm not looking for many but a few certain places and not seeing much. You gave me hope and I'll just be patient!

I concur. It has been my experience that being a pest on the site, especially as the date draws near, will net you pretty much anything you want. Don't give up! :-)

Staying positive! We went last year during Thanksgiving and had NO problems getting reservations. Backing it up a couple of weeks this time and nothing...oh well, we will be in Disney for the second time this year, so no big complaining.

I concur. It has been my experience that being a pest on the site, especially as the date draws near, will net you pretty much anything you want. Don't give up! :-)

I totally agree. My last two trips I was online constantly and embarrassed to say how many times per day I would check but i,always,found new times opening up. It felt like I was playing Russian roulette after awhile and admit kind of fun. Lol

Ok, but sometimes it doesn't work. The two times I've tried to get BOG dinner after our first time there, it never worked. No matter how positive I was. No matter if I tried 2, 3, or 4 people.

I have had a lot of luck with securing the hard to get ones 24-48 hours out. I have had luck day of to everything between 180 days out. Keep checking, you never know what will happen.

lol, I just made my reservations yesterday. my trip is august 25 until september 4th. I got great ts restaurants every night. No I didn't get BOG but I didn't want it so, it's all good.

come over to the dark side. no stress allowed.

Plans change and things absolutely open up. It's worth it (to me because I am such a stress case that even on slow days, I make coffee nervous haha) to set up searches with a service and then occasionally check for my MOST wanted things, but I had to book late and really had a hard time last trip (and am having trouble for November again and btw it's actually worse than last year!). Some things never opened just FYI. Free dining is chaos. The more flexible you can be, the better. A lot opens up at 60 days when people have to cancel or lose their deposit and fast passes change all your plans.

We do all character meals and deluxe dining every trip and I promise, even when you're totally set. For sure. It is a week before and YAY! You're done. No matter what. Over. Finished. Hurray! All set. Ready to go.

Well things happen.

Like your kid randomly barfs (I think it was food allergy related) and you can't make a certain reservation, or a perfect time A&E fastpass magically opens up when you have an ADR scheduled, or a most wanted character doesn't show up so you have to change all your plans so you can see them. And that was just our last trip :rolleyes1

I can also promise for anyone else who stresses by nature, it will all be fine and magical and wonderful, Best thing you can do is listen to what your family asks for instead of what you think they'll want. Like the kid we saw who was terrified of the beast and wouldn't walk into BOG. During lunch. And so the kid was crying and the Mom was crying because the ADR was so hard to get. You can always go back someday. You will never be able to do it all even if you spend weeks there. It's part of the fun.

Best of luck to getting those most wished for ADRs! pixiedust:

Restaurants open up all of the time. I really think that when folks say they cannot get "anything", they mean they cannot book the restaurant that they want at the specific time that they want. I always book the restaurant and the time the suits our family, meaning that if I am looking for dinner at a certain restaurant at a certain time, and one or the other is not available, I try to find what is comparable, and book that. Some of our favorite meals happened when I was not able to book that "perfect" ADR.

I always suggest that folks try to be open to what is available, not what "got away", and if that "perfect time and place opens, then change the ADR, but you never know what happy mistake you will encounter because of the elusive ADR.

Nancyg56, you are so right! We went to Garden Grill out of desperation because Epcot was sooooo crowded, and I had no ADR reserved (my husband wanted to wing it that night :sad2:). We'd been turned away as walk-ups at every other restaurant we tried. Garden Grill took us immediately, and it ended up being wonderful. The food was great, the whole revolving-restaurant thing was very cool, and we had a wonderful time.

I'm still crazy obsessed with trying to get the ADRs we want, but if we don't get it, it won't be the end of the world.

BTW, I am so glad that my kids care nothing about meeting characters. That really frees us up!

I'm trying to make ADRs for a character breakfast in Nov and haven't been successful. After reading this OP, I decided to check if there are any openings 2 days from now and voilà, there are 9 openings at different places including Ohana and Chef Mickeys. I didn't need those but just wanted to see if there are last minute openings. So I'm not losing hope for Nov.

We have had great luck at the 45 day mark too with dining and fast pass.

Nancyg56, you are so right! We went to Garden Grill out of desperation because Epcot was sooooo crowded, and I had no ADR reserved (my husband wanted to wing it that night :sad2:). We'd been turned away as walk-ups at every other restaurant we tried. Garden Grill took us immediately, and it ended up being wonderful. The food was great, the whole revolving-restaurant thing was very cool, and we had a wonderful time.

I'm still crazy obsessed with trying to get the ADRs we want, but if we don't get it, it won't be the end of the world.

BTW, I am so glad that my kids care nothing about meeting characters. That really frees us up!

For us, it was Shutters. We had an ADR ar Coral Reef, ad thatday Ihad planned on getting to Epcot later in tehday so we could have dinner and then watch Illuminations. My DD wanted a RD day, so off we all went. My poor little DGD was only 6, and she hit a wall early afternoon. We headed back to our resort so she could get a little sleep, and I called the concierge to cancel CR and book Shutters in the resort. What a happy accident!

I won't deny that I am an ADR fiend! I know what my family likes, when they like to eat, and I have no problems trying to make their request happen, but I refuse to lose sleep over it. WE have not been back to BOG for dinner since the first mnth it opened. I cannot get that meal, and even though I know the girls would love to meet that bog ol Beast, I'm done. We have a lunch and breakfast there so they have to get their BATB fix with that! LOL!!

I'm trying to make ADRs for a character breakfast in Nov and haven't been successful. After reading this OP, I decided to check if there are any openings 2 days from now and voilà, there are 9 openings at different places including Ohana and Chef Mickeys. I didn't need those but just wanted to see if there are last minute openings. So I'm not losing hope for Nov.

Our first Disney trip is Nov. 15-21 and I'm also having some of the same challenges! Also not losing hope!!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter