To all of those in harm's way of Isabel

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
I just want you each to know that I said a special prayer for you that you each will be safe and that Isabel will just go away and not create havoc for anyone - but if she does - I pray for you that you will not be harmed in any way - If I could have one wish - that would be for everyone to always be safe and happy - my thoughts are with you as you prepare for what is ahead - please make sure when you are able to drop a note and let us know you are ok.
With much love always
Shirley and Norm

from all of us in mt washington ky we will pray extra for those in the part of isabel and will do what we can if needed.
God Bless
john susan and rachel

Good morning Shirley.

I just want you each to know that I said a special prayer for you that you each will be safe and that Isabel will just go away and not create havoc for anyone

What a thoughtful and generous person you are!

By the way, I could have used a similar prayer during my divorce...

My DD is among the evacuees who left the Outer Banks. She's doing an internship in Manteo.

We're a 10+ hour drive away. Its been a "bit" stressful this past week. (Now there's an understatement.) She's now in Baltimore staying with a friend and waiting to see if she can go back.

Thanks for the good wishes. We'll be getting the wind/rain up our way, but that's nothing compared to what she and the other Outer Banks folks are facing.

We live on the beach in NE FL, and are getting strong winds and raging surf today, thanks to Isabel, but we are VERY grateful to have been spared the brunt of the storm. We will be praying for those in her path.

BD, that which does not kill you makes you stronger. I don't know what you were like pre-divorce, but we love you the way you are now!;)

As Tracy Lord says to C.K. Dexter Haven in The Philadelphia Story, "I thought it was for life, but the kind judge gave me a pardon."

We live in New Bern, NC about 40 minutes North west of Morehead City...right where they are saying Isabel is going to hit land. DH doesn't want to leave...but he also didn't want to put up the boards. :mad: We almost didn't get home after Floyd so I understand that part. I put up the boards this morning & am very sore now but feel much better about staying here. DS told me that we just need to go to GM & GP's house & not mess with all of this because we can just buy a new house. What wisdom from a 4 1/2 yo! I have a few more things to do inside before I will feel that everything is ready.

We live in Northern KY and my dad, stepdad and uncle left this morning to head to Baltimore. They work for cinergy electric. They are waitng in Baltimore for Isabel to hit and then going to the hardest hit areas to help restore electricity ASAP. I am praying for their safe return as well as everyone else affected by Isabel.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Good morning Shirley.

What a thoughtful and generous person you are!

Yes, she most certainly is :)
Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad

Me too ;)

And seriously, I'm praying that this dies down quickly and not too much comes of it. I'm praying for the safety of all in it's path.

We certainly don't need any more rain here near Philly either.

Originally posted by uneka78
We live in Northern KY and my dad, stepdad and uncle left this morning to head to Baltimore. They work for cinergy electric. They are waitng in Baltimore for Isabel to hit and then going to the hardest hit areas to help restore electricity ASAP. I am praying for their safe return as well as everyone else affected by Isabel.

It is great knowing that there are people out there who are already sacrificing their time & safety at times to help us. :) We have been lucky and have had power restored rather quickly whenever we have lost it in a storm like this.

Get directions and stop by to visit. Especially those folks who restore the electric. I keep looking at the big tree's and the power lines around my house and get nervous.

To all those in NC and VA, my best wishes, may Isabell be quiter and quicker than expected.

Moinab I almost fell on the floor to find someone quoting my favorite movie. It made day.

I tell you this board is family - how overwhelming the support for those that are in troubled waters - May it be over before it begins and again that everyone is in safe keeping - being from Key West which at one time, seemed to have hurricanes everytime we turned around, I can fully understand all of the emotions - my mom was exalty one month from birthing me when the hurricane of Labor Day of 1935 killed hundreds and hundreds of people - some of my family was never found - it hit in the middle keys at it took out our only means of getting to the mainland - anyhow regardless of it all - STAY SAFE and again let us know each is ok - your family here loves and cares about you.
Always
shirley

Thanks so much for the prayers! While we live on the western side of NC, my dh was sent down to work "hurricane duty" at Morehead City a few days ago! :eek: Yep, that's right where it's supposed to hit. I am really worried about him and that area...

Tiffany,

We all will keep your husband in out thoughts.

When he comes home, make sure you show him how much you care!

jim

We will say a prayer for you also. My DD has a friend from our last cruise who lives in Roanoke part of the time and her father lives in NC. Not sure exactly where as he just moved this past year, we are just waiting to hear from them about how they faired.

uneka78...where abouts in northern Ky do you live?

KYcruise crazy...we are about 21/2hrs. from you. My SIL lives in Louisville as a matter of fact.

keeping you all in my prayers , here in nj its getting quite breezy already but watching the weather channel in n.c. is unbelieveable!
stay safe everyone lets hope she doesn't do too much damage.:(

Sumfun--

Not sure where you are in New Jersey, but here in Long Branch it's VERY windy, and there are 15 foot waves breaking on the beach. It's going to be a long night for everyone affected by this storm.

Good luck!

Beth

I am here in Delaware and it is geting very windy and rainy. We were just hit with alot of rain earlier in this week and alot of people lost their homes, including some of my extended family. please pray for us We need it!! to all that have loved ones coming to this area to help. Please please let them know just how much we appreciate it. Thank you also to all the people who are sending their prayers and wishes. Will post tomorrow to let ya know if we made it thru the night.

How about all of those that read this post - just post a small dose of pixie dust AKA prayers that everyone will be safe and appreciation for all of those that have left to go help all of those that are in need.
It is said "A stranger is a friend we haven't met yet" - unfortunalty at this day of time - we do have to be aware of any types of danger.
Anyhow hugssssssss from your DM (Disney Mom :D
Luv ya all
Shirley:D

Here in South Jersey, just across the river from Philadelphia, the rains are getting heavier and the winds are picking up, it is supposed to get worse as the night goes along. We are in a flood watch area for tonight into Friday. My arc is ready to sail!!!

Well the first tree just went down in our neighborhood! It's completely blocking the road. The firemen are already there however. We're not getting too much rain her northeast of Philly, but the winds are something else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter