Title Insurance or Not for DVC

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by disbound09, Jan 27, 2013.

1. disbound09

disbound09 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Hi, In process of purchasing a SSR 320pt. Waiting for ROFR. Have never purchased a timeshare before but have bought and sold a few houses. I am wondering whether the $200.00 title insurance policy is needed as it is a Disney Property? I always do when I buy a house to protect against liens etc, but am contemplating this for some reason. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Breyean

Breyean DVC Since '93

If you're buying resale you're not buy "Disney property" from Disney, but from a person or family who is reselling. And that person or family might have kinds of issues you have no way of knowing about - pending divorce, bankruptcy, etc, which could impact your ownership interest.

I have done several resale contracts and always do the full title search and insurance. I figure I'm spending tens of thousands of dollars on the DVC points, so what's another few hundred for piece of mind.