Title Insurance or Not for DVC

disbound09

Mouseketeer
Hi, In process of purchasing a SSR 320pt. Waiting for ROFR. Have never purchased a timeshare before but have bought and sold a few houses. I am wondering whether the $200.00 title insurance policy is needed as it is a Disney Property? I always do when I buy a house to protect against liens etc, but am contemplating this for some reason. Any input would be appreciated.

Hi, In process of purchasing a SSR 320pt. Waiting for ROFR. Have never purchased a timeshare before but have bought and sold a few houses. I am wondering whether the $200.00 title insurance policy is needed as it is a Disney Property? I always do when I buy a house to protect against liens etc, but am contemplating this for some reason. Any input would be appreciated.

If you're buying resale you're not buy "Disney property" from Disney, but from a person or family who is reselling. And that person or family might have kinds of issues you have no way of knowing about - pending divorce, bankruptcy, etc, which could impact your ownership interest.

I have done several resale contracts and always do the full title search and insurance. I figure I'm spending tens of thousands of dollars on the DVC points, so what's another few hundred for piece of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter