Tired of Jungle Cruise "schtick"

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by underminer, Aug 20, 2013.

1. disneydeb64

disneydeb64 Got My Ears, Thank You : )

Hey, lighten up. As I stated in my post, just expressing my opinion to which I'm entitled.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dot2Vegas

Dot2Vegas DIS Veteran

I'm not sure who you are telling to lighten up? But I don't think anyone needs to. I didn't see any hostility on this thread. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion and its a valid one, as is everyone else's. Looked to me like a discussion about that specific Monster High joke. And like every other joke, some people appreciate it and some don't.

4. bcla

bcla DIS Veteran

Seriously though, if one is tired of the schtick, nobody is forced to ride it. If you already know what you're going to get and don't like it, then why subject yourself to something that could be easily avoided?

5. disneydeb64

disneydeb64 Got My Ears, Thank You : )

Let me clarify then - the ones who quoted me. I also didn't claim there was hostility. I absolutely think everyone should share their opinions; that is what forums are for.

6. Dot2Vegas

Dot2Vegas DIS Veteran

Thanks for clarifying! :-)

7. Iceman93

Iceman93 Mouseketeer

Are you sure you want to tell us to light up (given the topic of the joke in question)? Some might be offended! ;- )

8. tiggerluvr

tiggerluvr DIS Vet

*snort*

9. monkeymers

monkeymers Mouseketeer

(best response ever...)

10. chabelita545

chabelita545 Mouseketeer

We rode yesterday for the first time in 2 years and our guide told the same old jokes PLUS many new ones. Those were a nice surprise. We snickered at the new ones and enjoyed the old bad puns. Jungle Cruise is fun; besides how else are you ever going to get to see the back side of water?

11. deesquared

deesquared Mouseketeer

I love Jungle Cruise, mainly for it's 'schtick'!

Unfortunately, because everyone knows all the jokes, sometimes other guests can ruin the experience.
    During a trip with my mom, while we were in the JC queue, there was a man who, though by himself, kept saying loudly "The backside of water! Oh, I can't wait to see the backside of water!" He was getting a bit annoying, so we tried to not be on the same boat as him. Unfortunately we did end up on the same boat, where he then kept interrupting the CM, and jumping on all the punch lines of the jokes. Especially, the 'backside of water'. It was awkward and dissapointing.

But you get this on other attractions too, especially the stretching room of HM.

Oh well!