Tips to make friend's first time at MK special

nj2ftl

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

Just registered. Me and a friend will be visiting Magic Kingdom next month, Monday, September 23rd. It will be my friend's first time, but I've been there a few times. I was wondering if anyone has any tips/insider stuff to make his first time extra special. BTW, we're both in our mid twenties.

I know about the button you can get near the entrance for people's first times, so I plan to have us stop by there. He also wants to meet Pocahontas, Stitch, Prince Eric and The Incredibles but I'm pretty sure only Stitch is available at MK. I saw some videos where Peter Pan hands a gift to a girl and her sister arranged it somehow, is there any way to arrange a type of thing like that for Stitch? Such as one of those rainbow Mickey pins? I dunno, just trying to make it like the perfect first time at MK for him! He's a disney nerd like me.

Any tips would be appreciated!:banana:

also, prob a stupid question.. but is there character meet and greets during weekdays at MK? I checked the schedule and only Mickey/Minnie are listed.. and when I try to find someone else it says "no event details" or something similar.

I can't answer all your questions but here are my thoughts. I would plan to be at the park in plenty of time for the opening/rope drop so you can see that mini-show. Not sure about all the characters you mentioned but if you want to see Mickey I believe he is now in the theater that is immediately inside the park to the right. I would do that early if its a big deal. The wait gets really long. Have a great time!!

I think you can usually arrange it with a handler re: the "gift", but I've never done this myself. I don't think Pocahontas is at MK, and I've only ever seen the Incredibles at MK in a parade. They do have princesses, Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Minnie, Mickey, Alice, Buzz (and occasionally other Toy Story characters), sometimes Chip and Dale, and the princesses separately (like Belle, Tiana, and Ariel) in other areas as well. I'm sure I'm forgetting some, but you can look it up on their website under Magic kingdom character meetings. They happen every day. As for something special, I'd get a special set of ears for him at Le Chapeau.

You are so sweet for doing this for your friend!! When my daughter met Belle I told the CM that was with her I wanted Belle to surprise her with a doll and the CM took the doll so my daughter didnt see it and Belle gave it to her and it was great! You could also book an early morning breakfast so ya'll get to the parks when the streets and empty! (Not sure how early you want to get there) You could also get him some Disney trading pins on a lanyard ( yes even adults like it) and trade pins in the park. So many fun things you could do! :)

Thanks for all the tips!

It's gonna be tough to buy the rainbow mickey pin AND arrange it with the handler without him seeing me, but I'll try.

I don't know about breakfast, but I was gonna try to get in to Cinderella's castle for lunch as I know dinner has to be booked months ahead. I read that lunch is easier to get in the day of, correct?

We had reservations for everything so I'm not sure, but I would be scared not to have reservations at the castle because they are always busy.

I don't think it's able to get a reservation for lunch, from what I remember unless I'm thinking of something else. Thought lunch at the castle was walk in.

I'm sure Stitch will do so if you ask the handler :) I asked Pluto's handler to give my niece a little Pluto plushie, and Pluto was very sweet about it- was cradling it and gave it a kiss before he handed it to Eva. She loved it!

The Incredibles are in one of the MK parades, and its a parade where the characters get off the float and dance around and stuff so you can sort of interact- I had good interactions with Chip and Dale in that parade ;)

Make sure you buy a dole whip float if your friend likes pineapple!

As for CRT, I'm not sure.

Thanks! Any tips on how to give the pin to the handler without my friend seeing me hand something over to her? :X

Thanks! Any tips on how to give the pin to the handler without my friend seeing me hand something over to her? :X

Hmm. Maybe take over a park map and hide it behind there and say you're asking how long stitch will be out for? Then say to the handler you need to discretely pass her the pin

:) Don't forget to get photopass pics. I think the idea of the pin is cute. If that cannot be arranged, buy a cupcake and stick it on top maybe before a parade. Just tell him you are getting a snack real quick then pop back up with the treat. I would also buy a music CD while there to help bring back the memories of the trip. Sounds like you are a great and true friend to make it special for him.

Oh and don't forget to ride the monorail at least once.

you have to pay for photopass right? We're very very very budget-friendly type of guys lol so we probably won't be paying for any pics.. at least I won't suggest it unless he wants to.

And I'm assuming by monorail you mean the one that takes you from the parking lot entrance to the actual park? The part where you can choose between the boat and the monorail? Or is there one in the park? lol

Sounds like you guys are going to have a great trip!! I see you've gotten some great advice about getting the characters to give out a surprise. I wanted to comment on the walk up lunch at CRT. From what I understand, CRT needs a reservation for all meals. I think you might be thinking of Be Our Guest. At BOG you can walk up and wait for lunch, and I hear it's delicious!! Have an amazing trip!

oops maybe that's what I was thinking of LOL so embarrassing... getting my Disney all confused.

Does anyone have any memories that really stick out from their first time at Disney? Perhaps ones that I can recreate for my friend :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter