Tips for Canada's Wonderland

YukiPhnx

The Minnie to my Mickey
Hey everyone, the other day I was trying to look for Canada's Wonderland ticket prices online for a friend but had a really hard time finding any really good information, or the information I really needed.

So, I created a post on my blog to put all the information I know out there. I have a season pass so I just did some investigating.

If you have any tips about touring, food, waterpark, or merchandise, please share it here for those that are planning to go so they can save some time and/or money!

You can buy discounts on most military bases and save quite a bit on tickets, we got ours for $40. The best days to go to Wonderland are when it is REALLY HOT!!! We were there on July 21st when the humidex was 50 and we had little to no waits for any of the rides because those that were there were at the waterpark. We had only a 5 minute wait for Windseeker which my best friend who goes every weekend says never happens, we even got to stay in our seats multiple times and ride again because there were no lines!

As a former (two and three seasons ago) Wonderland CM:

There's no rhyme or reason to the crowds between June and August. Generally busier on weekends, but only slightly. Pretty strong crowds 7 days a week - remember that Canada's Wonderland has the highest annual attendance of any Seasonal Theme Park in North America, or at least did a couple years ago. Rain or Hot Weather rarely keeps the crowds away.

Any questions, feel free to ask them. Worked as a Ride Operator for a couple years but I'm pretty familiar with most general park operations (minus anything that's changed since I left, of course, but I still know people there than can answer your questions).

mabey i'm spolied by disney, but i found they don't move people very well, on and off rides when it's busy, so i would say prepare your self for that
and for sure get discounted tickets from somewhere

the best deal we found was the buffet resturant, at $19.99, consider that or bring a picnic lunch

My wife and I took our kids this past June, and was shocked and how much more expensive it was than Disney... ten bucks for a funnel cake?!?! Geez....

Saying that, the main tips I have is if you ARE planning a trip, and flexible on dates, if you can go in the early part of the season (say May or June) all you have to do is contend with school groups... and fortunately for us, many boards need some sort of educational reason for a school trip (at least, ours does) so I've found in recent years it isn't quite so busy. Plus, if you go a bit later in the day (don't rush to get to rope drop) and stay later, the crowds really thin out once those school groups leave to go home.

Also, check out the many discounts that are available, my company is eligible for cheap tickets IIRC I think I paid $32 per ticket....but they don't check nor ask for proof, so anyone can get those rates...why pay full price?

Tim

How about crowds on the weekends in September? We're planning a day there in mid September on a Saturday.

You have to watch out for company events in September. Crowds are lighter but the park has shorter hours because of Fright nights in the evenings, and the splash works, tiberwolf falls and white water canyon are closed. Also check the calendar to make sure they don't rent out the park for the weekend.

You have to watch out for company events in September. Crowds are lighter but the park has shorter hours because of Fright nights in the evenings, and the splash works, tiberwolf falls and white water canyon are closed. Also check the calendar to make sure they don't rent out the park for the weekend.

Plenty more corporate events during the summer than in September.

Crowds are generally quieter on days which have the Halloween Haunt event, since the teenage crowd tends to prefer the evening.

Never seen a scheduled day closed due to a full corporate rental... only corporate rentals I can recall in my time there were the two weekends before the park opened to the public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter