Tips for buying photopass with memory maker? codes, wait til close to expiration?

pookadoo77

Mouseketeer
Hi, we just got home and had a great trip. Finally finished downloading and adding borders excetera to our photo pass pictures. We bought the memory maker and I see it is much cheaper to buy the prints online via photopass now that we are home. Or I guess I could print myself or take the release with me and print at a Staples or something. Is there a way to get coupon codes or will they send me a special offers closer to when my photos online expire? I am interested in the mugs and other items too! Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

Well that is interesting. That the price goes down after you are back. When you say cheaper how much cheaper are you meaning?

Hi, we just got home and had a great trip. Finally finished downloading and adding borders excetera to our photo pass pictures. We bought the memory maker and I see it is much cheaper to buy the prints online via photopass now that we are home. Or I guess I could print myself or take the release with me and print at a Staples or something. Is there a way to get coupon codes or will they send me a special offers closer to when my photos online expire? I am interested in the mugs and other items too! Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
There must be a misunderstanding somewhere. What do you mean it is cheaper to print through Photopass? What exactly are you comparing for prices?

There must be a misunderstanding somewhere. What do you mean it is cheaper to print through Photopass? What exactly are you comparing for prices?

I think they are referring to the per picture cost vs what they spent on memory maker. we don't go picture crazy every trip but do like to get a photo of everyone at each park. it's cost effective to skip memory maker and just buy the 4 photos. Even if we add on a few more from the rides, it's usually less than memory maker.

I think they are referring to the per picture cost vs what they spent on memory maker.
l

Memory Maker costs $169; the price per picture if you order individually is $15, which means that once you get to 12 pictures, the cost per picture with Memory Maker is cheaper than the cost of individual pictures, and especially once you start playing with borders and such, you can easily get hundreds of pictures with Memory Maker (assuming of course that you took advantage of as many photo opportunities as possible).

I think the confusion is that once you have purchased Memory Maker, it is fairly inexpensive to have Disney print your photos, but if you did not purchase Memory Maker, it is crazy expensive. Lol!

OP, if you are seeing cheap prices, it is because you already own your photos. They would cost much more if you did not.

Sorry to confuse. The cost to print in the park was like around 14.00 per 5x7. Via photopass website when I got home is like 2.00 per 5x7 via mail, with memory maker not sure of prices without. Or, I can print and take the "photo use release" they provide on the website and print them at home or anywhere, with the borders I added, since I downloaded them both ways for whatever that cost is, Walmart, Walgreens, etc...

I did find codes for photopass so far... 30% off 90.00 purchase= 30PERCENTOFF , and 9.95 each when I buy 2 or more magnets, ornaments. mugs, and mousepads or a combo of tose code is = SAVEONGIFTS .

Sorry to confuse. The cost to print in the park was like around 14.00 per 5x7. Via photopass website when I got home is like 2.00 per 5x7 via mail, with memory maker not sure of prices without. Or, I can print and take the "photo use release" they provide on the website and print them at home or anywhere, with the borders I added, since I downloaded them both ways for whatever that cost is, Walmart, Walgreens, etc...

I did find codes for photopass so far... 30% off 90.00 purchase= 30PERCENTOFF , and 9.95 each when I buy 2 or more magnets, ornaments. mugs, and mousepads or a combo of tose code is = SAVEONGIFTS .
Photopass regularly has a few offers on their site. You don't have to order before your photos expire. You can upload any photo (taken by Disney or not) for product ordering any time of year. :)

You will be given fair warning, via email as to when your photos expire. I received an email 30 days out, two weeks out and one week out. I downloaded them and bought a CD, because I did not trust the download, but that was a mistake the download worked just fine. Instead of buying from Disney's options, I used the pictures and got photos and calenders printed on Snapfish or other photo sites where the cost is much less expensive than through Disney.

Not even sure you will need the photo release. I ordered mine off of Walmart and never needed one. Walmart was really cheap!

Not even sure you will need the photo release. I ordered mine off of Walmart and never needed one. Walmart was really cheap!
Some places are strict, even Walmart at times. It's always best to have a copy printed when you pick them up, just in case. Or upload it to the account if doing everything online. That way they can see it if they need to. :)

Some places are strict, even Walmart at times. It's always best to have a copy printed when you pick them up, just in case. Or upload it to the account if doing everything online. That way they can see it if they need to. :)

Yep....edit....all online. I forgot to put that part in :)

Are these the correct prices? I am still on the fence about memory maker. We will only be in the parks three days; not even three full days. No char meals or a lot of M&G. Maybe a few of the rides. I'm not interested in buying mugs or any other fancy stuff with pics on it.

I think the stock footage they give you as a bonus is worth the price of memory maker. There are photographers at the entrance of each park and stationed around the park at great locations. If you are on the fence you can buy it after the fact for more money of course. Or just by a single pictures if you just want a few. I personally don't use it on the short trips and save it for the longer trips were you get more bang for your buck.

right now snapfish has a new app if you download it you get 100 free 4x6 prints every month for a year. I made a album online on my snapfish acct about 110 pics and ordered via the app (which ordering on app is required for this deal) It was almost $10.00 shipped. Not a bad deal!! Got my calendars I made via photopass the other day, love them!! Or if you do my coke rewards they have shutterfly items in their catalog.... :)

I always order all of our prints/calendars/Christmas Cards/etc from with our Photopass pictures from Shutterfly after we get home.

I download all of our photos after all the edits, then have Shutterfly print them. They can also do mugs and all sorts of other photo items. They typically run great specials and send out coupon codes. Way cheaper than the PhotoPass website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter